Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

CB100 vs mSR

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 09:50 PM
greggK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB100 vs mSR

Want an indoor FP. Have experience, just want to fly around the room and chase kids and pets. Which would you all recommend?
Thanks.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:29 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: CB100 vs mSR

I have the MSR and very pleased with it. I have to have at least 100 or better flights on it.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:29 AM
richarddaily

I have an MSR and love it, very stable great indoor flyer. I also have the Walkera 4#3b that came out prior to the CB100.
It is an un-flyable beast.
I did everything possible and nothing would calm this wild mouse down.
After about 100 attempts to fly it the motors started to fail and it would only come off the ground about a foot or two.
I have written it off, but I am still enjoying the MSR around the house.

Good luck
Old 03-03-2010, 09:42 PM
TwinTurbo95

I have a few heli's and I love my CB100. From what I understand this thing is night and day between the 4#3B. The CB has a 45 degree flybar, which makes it way stable. Here is a link that might change ur mind.
Oh, the thing that sold me on the CB100 was all the available hop up parts for this thing. I'll post a link to that too.

CB100 review:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1117049

Hop up parts:
http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkera-cb100-parts.aspx

Be sure to look around and do a lot of research before you buy.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9088722/tm.htm

Mine fly's great!!
Old 03-15-2010, 06:36 PM
djstretch

i don't have the opportunity to go to a hobby shop to look at the cb100 or the msr
which would you say is the better quality

also i have a dx5e bnf controller, will it work with either heli
thanks
Old 03-17-2010, 03:22 PM
gnirwin
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the CB100 and really like it. I think the quality is very good. I have flown my friends MSR a few times and it also is a very good flyer. I don't think you could go wrong with either. The thing that I like about the CB100 is the brushless motors and the aluminum head parts. I also own the 4#3b and enjoy flying it but what tames my #4 down is the computer radio I use. I couldn't fly it until I purchased the Walkera 8303 radio. The 4#3b is still not as easy to fly as the cb100 but I enjoy flying it because it is a challenge.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:54 PM
s.elliott

I started out with the Walkera 5#10 (coaxial) and that was a geat helicopter to get going with.  It wasn't long before I needed more of a challenge and got a Walkera 4#6 FP.  Another awesome heli.  I'm still learning and doing pretty well on that.  It's a big transition going from coax to fp, but so much fun.  I started realizing that I'm not enjoying my 5#10 that much anymore because it's just too easy.  I still want something that I can tool around the house with, but with a little more control....enter CB100.  This looks like a really cool heli that could be a great replacement for my 5#10.  Stable and easy to fly just sitting on the couch in between my more stressful learning flights with the 4#6. 

Ok sorry for the long intro.  I'm new and get a little excited about this stuff.  Here's my question.  Do I have to buy the CB100 with a new transmitter, or can I use the one I have for my 4#6??  I'd prefer not to accumulate a ton of transmitters, but also not ready to jump into one of those pricey transmitters either.  My 5#10 and 4#6 have the same tx and I noticed that I got them mixed up one day and the 4#6 paired with my 5#10 tx.  So does this mean I could by the CB100 without the tx and use the one I have for both helicopters?

I'm not sure how it all works, the one tx multiple heli concept.  There are some fairly reasonable tx's out there that support multiper models w/ unique settings, but can you pair any heli with them, or do you have to buy new receivers as well? 

Any info would be greatly appreciated!   Thanks...

Old 04-25-2010, 08:14 AM
kodak_jack

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The CB 100 comes with a 2402 transmitter. Either the 2402 or the 2401 transmitter will work. There are only so many places that will sell you the heli without the transmitter. The other thing you have to watch is what you are and are not getting with the "barebones" heli. It's one thing not to get the transmitter, but one place is selling it without the receiver too. The receiver isn't cheap and for what you're saving by not buying the transmitter, you're having to make up by buying a receiver. Have a look here:
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=3932
I have to be honest about my experience with my CB100. It needs a piece of stainless steel tubing for the boom because the CF boom will drive you nuts!! It also needs a better than stock tail motor. The stock wire landing skids are also a joke.
Stainless steel tubing:
http://www.smallparts.com/Stainless-..._rd_s=center-3
There are several variations of skids available, but I think Jasonjetski has the best solutions. Look him up to see what he offers. There are the MIA skids, but people are getting a little miffed with his service. I used the 4#3b MIA skids and I like them.
I bought the 2.9g tail motor from Chinese Jade and mounted it in one of Jason's tail mounts.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:21 AM
s.elliott

Thanks for the response.  So it sounds like I could order the heli without the tx and be ok.  What I was thinking now was even though it will work with my 2402, will I have to keep changing the tx settings each time I switch between the cb100 and 4#6.  If so, would it be worth it to get the wk-2801 tx? Looks like you can maintain unique settings for several models.  What do you think about that??

BTW, the website you linked has such low prices!!  I was looking to buy at Chinese Jade because of the low shipping, but Miracle Mart is cheaper even with the more expensive shipping.  
Old 04-25-2010, 11:39 AM
kodak_jack

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All you might have to do is switch dip switches on the 2401/ On the [:'(]2402, it isn't as easy. I have no idea why they felt it necessary to switch transmitters, but the 2402 is a PITA if you want to make adjustments or swap dip switches, in my opinion. The 2801 is nice if you have multiple Walkera heli's, but at a price. Then, you have to find the optimum settings for each heli.