Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

Does anyone fly creata 400 or 60#b?

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Does anyone fly creata 400 or 60#b?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 12:37 AM
DEATHPROOFHELI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone fly creata 400 or 60#b?

I just got my creata 400...love it. just seeing if anyone flies either. I would like to ask some questions about pitch and autorotaions.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:43 AM
earthb67

Default RE: Does anyone fly creata 400 or 60#b?

I fly the 60. Not sure if I can help with auto's - haven't done one yet.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:49 AM
DEATHPROOFHELI

I almost bought the 60. Do you love it? what did you fly before?
Old 05-27-2010, 12:57 AM
earthb67

YES! I do love it! <zips up flame proof suit>

It is my first heli. My budget prevented me from going down the 'recommended' trex route. There may be good reasons for that route, but at the end of the day, with a wife and kids, bills, etc, a budget is a budget!

I have only had it since xmas last year, so still a noob really. I wanted to jump straight in to a CP heli, because I thought I would get bored with a co-ax. I have changed to brushless motor and esc, and have a cnc head and tail ready to go as a winter project (came with plastic head).

No crashes yet - but a couple of really close calls

Cheers.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:05 AM
DEATHPROOFHELI

Ya the budget same for me too, i really wanted the trex but im really glad i went with this one now. I started with a cb180, ive only been flying a few months now, trying to learn nose in...its hard lol. I can hover like a pro though!! hahaha. i havent crashed the 400 but i break the 180 all the time.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:20 AM
Scream And Fly

You started flying helis on a CP and you've never crashed yet? How much and what kind of flying are you doing?

ORIGINAL: earthb67

YES! I do love it! <zips suit="" proof="" flame="" up="">

It is my first heli. My budget prevented me from going down the 'recommended' trex route. There may be good reasons for that route, but at the end of the day, with a wife and kids, bills, etc, a budget is a budget!

I have only had it since xmas last year, so still a noob really. I wanted to jump straight in to a CP heli, because I thought I would get bored with a co-ax. I have changed to brushless motor and esc, and have a cnc head and tail ready to go as a winter project (came with plastic head).

No crashes yet - but a couple of really close calls

Cheers.
</zips>
Old 05-27-2010, 08:51 AM
DEATHPROOFHELI

some people are just that good i guess. lol

Old 05-27-2010, 06:03 PM
earthb67

Ha! No not that good! I didn't even charge my first battery until I could hover tail-in semi-proficiently on the sim - (I even used the 'training heli with the training gear LOL!).

Then, I made some training gear and skidded around on the ground for a while with that, then finally got airborne.

At the moment, I am at the stage where I am flying lazy 8's mostly tail-in, but starting to transition to actually pointing in the direction of flight, swooping left and right (once again, rotating to point in the direction of flight), and practicing hovering LSI and RSI.

I have had a few losses of orientation when I let it get too high and too far away, and it was pure luck that it wasn't ground dart time!

Cheers,

Adrian.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:35 PM
DEATHPROOFHELI

NICE!! I did some 360's today lol. I was reading the other day a guy that did his first 360; and he was so excited!! It was awesome to read cause i knew how excited i would be...so today i was doin them. when i got my 180 i was so impatient that i charged my battery an took it striaght outside to fly...i barely even looked through the manual...it crashed IMMEDIATLY hahaha (imagine that right?) an i broke the main blades. Looking back i cant believe i did that, what was i thinking...lol. I was thinking "ill just fly it, how hard can it be?" hahahaha. i wonder how many people have done the same thing as me. So now a month later i have a collective pitch, doin 360s!!!! how cool is that?!?! lol. i love flying and i am so excited about tail in figure 8s and i get so excited doing 360s, the sound of the heli and just staring at them. I hope guys that have been flying for ten years STILL get the feeling i get when i hover tail in an do my 360s!!!!!

Old 05-28-2010, 12:19 AM
earthb67

i love flying and i am so excited about tail in figure 8s and i get so excited doing 360s, the sound of the heli and just staring at them. I hope guys that have been flying for ten years STILL get the feeling i get when i hover tail in an do my 360s!!!!!
Haha! I dare say they still getthat feeling, I would say, but they probably get it by doing death spirals and rolling-pirouetting-figure-eights LOL!

Personally, I am with you. I love that 'chopping the air' sound! even just hovering makes me smile big!