Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

v120d01 mini review

Old 07-01-2010, 10:43 PM
ehirobo ehirobo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v120d01 mini review

Intro:
Been talk about for some time now and finally received it is the new Walkera flybarless mini helicopter the V120D01. Same size as the 4#6, this little heli feature the latest 3 axis gyro from walkera (rx-2433V), aluminum alloy ultra light flybarless head, torque tube tail system with variable rudder pitch, brushless system with LIPO battery. This little heli is packed with features only seen in bigger heli upto now.

Flight impression:
If you are used to bigger 450, 500… flybarless heli you will feel very comfortable with this little guy. Fly just like it, very response to stick input. And the tail have great holding power with the torque tube, variable rudder pitch setup. Makes it a very good heli to practice with when the weather is not good outside. And it feels like it have more power as with the simple lighter rotor head. The performance is better than older brushless walkera but I did not notice any increase flight time.

Conclusion:
This one fly so much like my bigger heli I would love to fly around in my apartment when it rain outside. Nice little heli and the design is very simple. Make it very easy to work on and the heli feel like it have more power as the rotor head is lighter. Sure this one would be good for a “second” indoor heli or someone want a “feel” of flybarless heli before spend money on more expensive helicopters.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21585.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	1461758   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28147.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	1461759   Click image for larger version

Name:	In26127.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1461760  
Old 07-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Kelownan
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: v120d01 mini review

so you reckon its a good buy?

id like it if they did one with their pro 2.4 radio.

im thinking about getting one.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:03 PM
ehirobo ehirobo

If you have some experience with cp helicotper, I think this is a good buy. But if you are a beginner I do not recommand a flybar less heli. Better go with co-axial, cb100 or 4#6 type of heli's as they are more stable.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:30 PM
Kelownan
My Feedback: (1)

yep ive had a gaui550 and a Esky Honeybee king 2 and a Honeybee FP aswel as a tricked out lama4
Old 07-07-2010, 04:12 AM
ehirobo ehirobo

I think you would like this one as you can fly inside when the weather is not good. And it handle just like your bigger heli.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:34 AM
ehirobo ehirobo

Now if you already own a walkera 2801 (or 240x, 260X) radio you can get this, the 4F200 or v200D01 as a bind and fly version without the radio. So you do not need to keep so much extra tx at home.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:42 PM
erdnuckel2

I just ordered one ... guess from where ... there is a webstore that carries your name ... what a coincidence

Anyway, I am waiting (kind of anxiously) for it to arrive in the mail, tracker says it left HK on Aug.10. So it should be here around Aug.20 ... and then I will experience firsthand, how much more difficult (or less stable) the V120D01 really is compared to the coaxes (I am flying coaxes for almost 3 years now and lately work a little more with a NE Free Spirit (which handles almost like a coax - so I am confident I will also be able to handle this one))

Also ordered 2 additional batteries (700mAh, as it is a brushless version). And it only has ONE motor for main and tail rotor, correct?

Hopefully there will finally a few more people take part in these Walkera discussions, as it starts to get frustrating that seemingly the only heli people here want to talk about is the BOL from Esky ...

Old 08-10-2010, 10:16 PM
ehirobo ehirobo

Haha, thank you for your order! It is a lot quicker than co-axial. But if you have 3 years experience for the co-axial you should be able to fly it in very short time. And yes, there are only one motor in this helicopter, which drive both the main and tail rotor.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:34 AM
erdnuckel2

ORIGINAL: ehirobo ehirobo

Haha, thank you for your order! It is a lot quicker than co-axial. But if you have 3 years experience for the co-axial you should be able to fly it in very short time. And yes, there are only one motor in this helicopter, which drive both the main and tail rotor.
You are welcome! it is a nice store where I ordered several times before and never had a problem/ was always quite happy with my shopping experience - and I think people should know this (I would consider it nice if anybody who bought in my store and shares his positive experience, as more often than not people only write about the bad experiences/complaints they have with a store, but take all the "good stuff" for granted .... ...)

so - now one more day of waiting has passed and the arrival of my newest addition is yet a bit closer. Really looking forward to it (but I already said that ..)

Again,

it is just sad that this part of the forum does not have more people who come here and share their thoughts/experiences ...

EDIT (8-13-10)
I am totally amazed, I ordered the V120D01 on August 10 and Iwill receive it tonight (according to FedEx) - without EMS ... Ican hardly believe this. So I am really excited to get home tonight after work and to check out my new addition ...

Old 08-13-2010, 08:44 PM
ehirobo ehirobo

Wow, that's quick!! Have fun!!
Old 08-15-2010, 07:04 PM
erdnuckel2

ORIGINAL: ehirobo ehirobo

Wow, that's quick!! Have fun!!
indeed it is!I have never gotten anything from HK THATquick (the fastest up to now took four days) ... but that shows you what is possible (and makes me sad, because I see what we have to put up with)

but no more whining!

Have Fun I will !!! Thanks again (and be sure this was NOT the last time Iordered from your store!

Regards,
Sven

Old 08-18-2010, 05:39 AM
erdnuckel2

Can this heli be flown with the original, several year old WK-2401? When I try to do this, the servos move on the stick command, but when I release the stick they only move back VEHRY VEHRY slowly (1-2 sec and it is impossible to get the heli in the air)

Oh, and btw, I bought a double brushless 4#3Q2 about 2 weeks earlier than this one, because I wanted to focus more on the FPhelis ... but it is the same result - just because of a different problem. I know that something on it is defective (tail rotor spins ... if at all really eratic ...) so this wont lift of either - but it wouldn't make sense to send it back,as I would pay more than for the heli for sending it back and forth.

I also cannot find the manual for the 2801 so I am not able to try to bind either of these to it ... maybe this would help for a better chance on liftoff ... anyway, as far as until now, Iam about as frustrated and disappointed with those two as Iwas with my very first Walkera 4#3 (the version BEFORE the 4#3A) about 2years ago (or more)

The only single rotor helis I ever got in the air were a HBFP V1 (only hovering) and the Nine Eagles Free Spirit (with which I can actually fly circles) ...

... everything else other than a CoAx has been a major disappointment ...

Old 08-19-2010, 10:27 PM
ehirobo ehirobo

Hum.... I just try the 2401 on 4#6 and the v120d01. Both will bind and function without any issue..... Maybe the 2401 is defective? For the 4#3q double brushless, check if the motor is turning freely. And resolder all the wires to the tail motor. As sometime the join look ok but it is not transfering the electricity as it should.... For 2801 manual please refer to the following link. For the 4#3q and v120d01 make sure you switch the TX to 2401 mode.

http://walkera.com.cn/en1/fileDown.j...expe.pdf&la=en
Old 08-26-2010, 01:55 PM
rotorbroke

This isn't a review but I have been flying the V120D02 for about 30 batteries now. I bought it because it was packaged with the 2801 Pro and I wanted to can all my Helimax, Novus, and Walkera radios, and I was interested in the flybarless system. I got mine from Clubheli pretty quick, but you would think at that price, it would ship free? Anyway, I have never been able to fly an FP and could look at my Blade CP Pro and make the blades explode. I have barely been able to hover the bSR with training gear before I burned out the tail motor. Anyway, I took the V120 out of the box, looked it over and tightened up some loose hardware, spun it up, spun it down, and put it away for the day I could work up to a CP. 2 days later the wind was too calm, my batteries were too charged, and the V120D02 looked too nice hanging on the wall. It ended up on my backyard helipad, my radio still has the preprinted protective plastic on the screen, I spun up the helo, hopped it into a hover, and flew circuits around the yard. Nothing fancy, a few unintended hard landings when I thought I was too far over my head, but circles, squares, figure 8's, sport flying. I was shocked when I first countered the tail and gave it throttle and it hovered straight up. Absolutely shocked. I really enjoy the stability and the high speed on the head (for me anyway), and the no flybar. After about thirty batteries I am still flying the original blades and the only repair/reset has been to snap some ball links back into place. I can't fly an FP helo, but this little guy, even with the many poor write-ups has done well for me. I'm gonna have to crack the books on this one and figure out what makes it fly and why can I do it...... Fly On.....