RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/walkera-helis-dragonfly-etc-405/)
-   -   Walkera DragonFly #35 CCPM Electric RC Helicopter Reviews (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/walkera-helis-dragonfly-etc-405/2594986-walkera-dragonfly-35-ccpm-electric-rc-helicopter-reviews.html)

Greenbean 11-15-2006 09:37 PM

RE: Walkera DragonFly #35 CCPM Electric RC Helicopter Reviews

Hi Nighthawk
I agree with hueyman that the vibration your getting is probably a combination of the blades and the spindle. If the spindle is even the least bit bent you will never be able to get rid of the vibration or get the blades to hold tracking. I have tried to straiten a couple of them but never was able to get it perfect and it needs to be perfect. So any time I need to replace the mane shaft I just automatically do the spindle at the same time.
As for the stock motor with Walkera its a kind of hit and miss thing. I have two 35's one flew out of the box with the stock motor but only for about 20 flights before it started losing power and the other 35 I did a belt conversion on but she stock motor never would lift it more than a foot. Save yourself some headaches and just upgrade to brushless setup.
Now on to the blades. The Walkera replacement blades are junk in my opinion. I've found them to be vary hard to balance if at all. I even tried putting two different sets on a scale to try and match up there weights but they all weighed different. However I have found some good low cost CF blades that have been serving me really well from RC & ME . Two weeks ago I had a pretty good crash and took a hard tail strike from one of those CF blades. Bent mane shaft bent spindle bent flybar busted blade grip but some how the blades survived. After replacing everything I stuck the same blades on and have 8 or 10 flights on them since the crash. Not to say that they will always take that kind of abuse but I was rather impressed. I bought 4 sets and they all balance perfectly with out doing any thing to them.
http://www.rcandme.com/catalog/produ...e171e1fdadd534

noj 12-07-2006 11:48 AM

Hi Again ... I know this has been discussed over and over again... but please explain this for me:

If I move the right switch from N to 1 this is 3D mode right ?
At this point the engine goes to full speed..... and i should be able to control the collective pitch by the stick which used to be the "speed-control" right ?
What am i doing wrong when i still have to adjust the CP on the pot-meters on top of the TX (in "1"-mode)....

Is the throttle-CP mixing done in the TX or in the RX ?

One of the dip-switches says "CCPM" <-> "Normal" .... does this mean that it's electical CCPM and not mechanical via the Swashplate ?

I've been out of the heli-business for a long time ... but after 4 times in china within 3 month I kind of revied my heli interest.... It's realy cheap out there compared to DK.....

jlarm77 12-10-2006 10:18 PM

so ive read your entire thread you guy are the best thread ive ever seen. couple of questions for ya, Ive got jitter from my servo so i will try a new set, but i"m confused on wether i have to change anything else out or can i use all the ols electronis

Thanks Joe

hueyman 12-11-2006 09:24 PM

jlarm77, just change the servo. word of caution with servos...different brands have two of the three wires on the plug in different sequence. if you are getting a different brand servo, be sure you match the color code against your original servo. red is positive , black (or brown) is negative and white (or yellow) is signal. compare the plug wiring of the new servo to the original and be sure to plug it into the receiver correctly. also check the new servo to be sure it is moving in the proper direction versus stick input. you may have to reverse the channel switch.

Flamin Beacon 12-14-2006 07:49 PM

Hi WolfMax, I'm new to this and saw your WK35 with upgrades. Loved it. I have one to, I haven't flown it yet. I bought it second hand crashed. I bought the stock replacement parts and downloaded the manual for it. I have a friend who has had about 10 hours of real stick time. I'm looking into upgrades, hence why I'm responding to your post. How does it fly?
My biggest question is where can I get a battery that will fit. I've had a shogun 400 bat, but it didn't fit. Also the connector is different from everyone elses. I did find a patch cable for it on ebay for around 3.50.
My second question is did you have to change the RCVR or just the servos?
Will the stock RCVR/ESC work with the Hitech servos?

Yep I said I was new at this. Any knowlegable experienced response would be great.
I have had about 10 hours of stick time on the GP G2 simulator. I can hover, fly around (without crashing), do some stuts (crashing about half the time if I push it), but that's only on the sim. I have had no real stick time, after watching videos of some crashes, I'm looking forward to it, but rightfully a little nervouse. I've had a ton of hours of RC airplane time, from pattern to Petenpoles.
Thanks for the help folks!

jlarm77 12-14-2006 09:07 PM

hey hueyman, ended up not replaceing yet but took the walkera servos apart and found poor conections to the main board resoidered and they work better than when they were new. they do a terrrible job on there circuit boards. they really are not good at electronics.

HLovato 12-25-2006 10:28 PM

ORIGINAL: WolfMax

Just thought you all might like to see my 35.

[IMAGE]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/wolfmax/W35%20Heli/24-09-06_1934.jpg[/IMAGE]

CNC Ali Head
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...09-06_1946.jpg

CNC Ali Belt drive Tail
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...09-06_1947.jpg

And I moved the tail servo and made a carbon control rod for it.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...09-06_1948.jpg

All thats left to do is change the battery pack for a 3s1p 2500mAh Li-Po to compliment the Pheonix 25 ESC and DH400 BL motor and I'll be flying.

Can't wait

Cheers

WolfMax

Hey wolf....Sorry if i sound too new, but i bought a 35 last year adn stripped the tail gear at the motor. I have seen this belt conversion it that for the gear driven 35?? i never found a pic of how the belt is driven from the main gear and i know the 36?? has the motor in front of the main gear...I just wanted to see if i could upgrade my shaft driven to this belt style. If so then ill be happy..lol..ive played hell trying to find the replacement parts no site list them...................Hal

hueyman 12-29-2006 10:46 PM

for diy belt drive info and pics.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288954

trailsnail 08-07-2007 12:06 AM

this is kind of perturbing. I realize that there are so many different opinions, but does anyone have anything positive to say about the dragonfly 4 and rc-expert? I researched for some time before buying one and what I saw wasn't that bad. Now I am wondering. This link helped me decide: http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/wal...elicopter.html Now I am wondering.

Edit: Sorry for the post, didn't realize that there were 68 pages, I think that I just read the first page from 2004. Guess I got more reading to do.

xstranger 08-14-2007 12:32 PM

Hello

I am new in this hobby,and today was my bad day :(. I had crashed my Walkera 7 CH Dragonfly 35#C and now i don`t get any answer from the remote control.When i plug in the battery with remote control turn off the servo start all the comands and then the rotor is starting....please help...

amzakiy 11-25-2007 05:52 AM

Hi, I need advise pls. I just had 35#C new and the brushless motor do not response? The 4 servo looks ok bcos there is responding.
Can anyone tell what wrong? Many thanks.

beltcp flyer 12-22-2007 04:21 PM

Hye everyone if you really want to spend very little on a stable heli you should check out the E-sky belt cp pro. it is giving the 450 T-rex a run for its money and is the same size and it has the outrunner 3800 motor and the tail is belt drive and parts are plentiful it cost $200.00 with shipping from ebay. fly safe

beltcp flyer 12-23-2007 08:00 AM

Hey everyone E-sky belt cp is a very stable bird I am gitting ready to purchase another one, you can get bare bones for $80.00 plus shipping $104.00 with shipping, then add you own electronics. It comes with assembeld air frame main and tail blades and pinion, if you are looking for it go to ebay and search for esky belt cp. You can also get it rtf on ebay and it does fly right out of the box , parts are not costly the best place is at rc711 from over seas takes about 5 days to get the parts even the main gear with the oneway bearing already installed also discounts on quntities 5 seta of main blbes was 39.00 main gear with oneway bearing was 9.00, my brother had a walkers 37 SE it is crap the electronics was the most pain in the but, could only get 3 to 4 min. out of a battery and it swelled them up and damaged them.
have a great holiday and fly safe

salat 01-16-2008 08:29 AM

Hello!
Where I can get manual, exploded view and partlist for old version of DF35? With shaft driven tail?
How I can ugrade it to belt drive?
Thank you,
Kostya

amzakiy 02-10-2008 12:27 PM

Hi Salat,
You are going to have very busy time adjusting b4 hovering. Looks like you need to re-setup the whole things, beginning from the tx, whole heli setting and tools. Suggestion, if you want to upgrade this df35, get something else. This df35 is difficult to setup but you are going to enjoy it once you learned what and how to solve this heli problems. Needs patience and proper set to lift this heli. Go luck to you.

salat 02-10-2008 01:13 PM

Hehe. I already did setup and even learned to pop to about 40cm and keep there for several seconds. Works well. I also upgraded motor to brushless. And stripped front tail gear. So waiting for Shogun V1 with hubdave belt upgrade to play with it having Walkera as spare parts.
Kostya

Iflyit 12-14-2008 08:04 PM

I am also looking for this exploded view, along with the tail drive since mine is broken.

ORIGINAL: salat

Hello!
Where I can get manual, exploded view and partlist for old version of DF35? With shaft driven tail?
How I can ugrade it to belt drive?
Thank you,
Kostya

b17fpilot 06-17-2009 08:38 PM

where can I get an exploded view and a parts list for my Walkera dragonfly zoom 400 the one driven by as shaft I think its a 35 basic not the 35c