RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/walkera-helis-dragonfly-etc-405/)
-   -   Walkera DragonFly #35 CCPM Electric RC Helicopter Reviews (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/walkera-helis-dragonfly-etc-405/2594986-walkera-dragonfly-35-ccpm-electric-rc-helicopter-reviews.html)

neweheliflyer 01-28-2005 04:53 PM

Walkera DragonFly #35 CCPM Electric RC Helicopter Reviews

Walkera DragonFly #35 CCPM Electric RC Helicopter Reviews, post your experience here and let other know about this product.

Review Item: Walkera DragonFly #35 CCPM Electric RC Helicopter (Look like the Zoom, ZAP 400)
- [link=http://www.geocities.com/ccadvtis/index.htm]Reference for this product (Image and little info about this helicopter[/link])

----- SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE AFTER USE, WRITE A REVIEW HERE --------------

marcelg 01-28-2005 04:56 PM

RE: Walkera DragonFly #35 CCPM Electric RC Helicopter Reviews

Crap, waste your money in something better.

chronus 01-28-2005 05:02 PM

if like the 22a is crap, not worthy of a chopper.
hey jack from japanhobby if that you and i suspect, what you doing is only going to make your product look worse than allready is.and that the fact jack!.

andy98801 01-29-2005 02:09 AM

That thing sucks more than a vaccum. I blew like 65 bux i could have had towards a rex or somthing. Anyone wanna buy a 22a frame?. Later
Rc-expert took 3 weeks to get me mine and it broke before i even got it set up.

chronus 01-29-2005 03:03 AM

And there i was thinking the frame was the best part!:D:D:Dwhat happened to the rest of it?.

chronus 01-29-2005 05:33 PM

hhmmmm.

dcm2 02-08-2005 03:56 AM

loveing it 02-13-2005 07:01 PM

I know on Walkera DragonFly #4 the The frame is the best part ! The main motor is ok BUT the Electronics& tail motor JUNK! the sad thing about it when it works it fly's ok :D I am thinking about putting Separate Electronics in it. or I just may get a Hummingbird or piccolo.

auspilot 02-26-2005 02:25 AM

I bought a #35 and was getting ready to fly it for the first time. I plugged the supplied battery into the supplied battery charger and left the room. About 45mins later I heard a massive explosion in the room. When I went to investigate, I had to navigate my way through the odour and a bit of smoke. The wall behind where the battery pack was scorched and covered in black soot. One battery cell took of like a rocket and ended up on the other side of the room (about 6 metres). Another cell had taken off vertically and chipped the picture rail on its way to the ceiling (12 foot) were it left a little skid mark. The other seven cells were so hot I could not touch them and some papers near them were almost burnt.
Needless to say my first experience with the whole Walkera thing was crap. I tried contacting the company in China but ended up speaking to no one yet.
If any person knows who I can contact for the company to send me a battery and charger that would be appreciated.
Thankfully my house did not burn down and I still havent flown the chopper.

chronus 02-26-2005 03:41 AM

LOL sorry! you mean the thing blew up before you even flew it!:). I,d be asking for more than a new charger thats for sure, try the company you bought off as i never had any luck with walkera directly but appear to have some through the distibutor although it didnt amount to much other than gobbldegook.
I guess just to be lucky that your house still in one piece and no one got slugged with aq flaming flying battery.

JonnyClean 02-28-2005 09:56 AM

Has anyone had any good experiences with this heli or any of the other Shogun knock-offs?

K_Martin 02-28-2005 02:34 PM

I just ordered me one, and looking here, maybe I shouldn't have...But it looks better than the other inexpensive electrics out there. Why all the negatives? Anyone care to tell me a horror story? Or maybe a good story.. (I hope)

HeloPilot16 02-28-2005 06:57 PM

Hey everyone, i new here and just thought i would give my opinion about the Walkera Shogun copy. I got one the other day through ebay, i guess its my fault, but the guy claimed it was a shogun 400...Im tryin to get my money back because they are pretty bad, my battery just like Auspilot's blew up after 30min on the charger, never got to fly it...Just by looking at it it isnt very good, nothing was screwed in all the way, my main blades were too tight, the servos werent in right and none of them could be trimmed right without takeing everything apart....Well theres my opinion...
Good luck to everyone with one...
Richie

casey67 03-03-2005 05:56 PM

Alright well I ordered this Walkera RC Helicopter off hobbyjapan2000.com and got totally scammed this helicopter is total junk. I was even in total contact with the company before during and after I ordered this product the whole time being told about how there defective rate was super low because of how they fly there helicopters three times before being shipped. Well this was also total BS (Bull S@#$!!). First off let me just say that I would never recommend doing business with hobbyjapan2000 they lied to me the whole time about the helicopter as well as charge me for the return postage on the helicopter after a MILLION questions about how the damage to the helicopter was probably my fault. Anyway I am no idiot to helicopters I fly them for the US Army currently so I might be new at the RC world but defiantly not the idea of helicopters and when I got the Walkera it looked great and I was excited about flying it. So being my first time dealing with RC helicopters I went to the local hobby shop because I new the owner and we put it into a weighted stand and turned it on. As soon as we turned on the radio the servos were acting crazy like moving on there own and adjusting pitch on the blades almost like we were getting radio interference from somewhere so we moved to a different location a couple blocks out of town still the same thing was going on. After about 10 min of just letting them freak out they started to calm down so we felt comfortable about seeing if we could get the Walkera to flight speed. Keep in mind this is still in the weighted mount and it was a good thing to because we didn’t so much as have the helicopter to 1/3 of its flight speed when it started vibrating so bad we thought it was going to flip the mount on its side. So we put it back to idle and called it a day I have packed it up and am now trying to get my money back but having to fight about that also. If we would have let that helicopter get to full flight speed or even half for that matter it would have shaken its self apart it was not only a safety risk but not what I agreed to when I ordered it, so this “ready to fly” helicopter was far from it. My recommendation is to avoid the Walkera as well as Hobbyjapan2000 all together save yourself some time, money and the headache of dealing with a bad company. Hope this helps.

R-Rudder 03-03-2005 07:10 PM

A good servo wouldn't twitch by itself unless it has absorbed impacts from crashes. Next time if you receive the helicopter with twitching servos which indicate the helicopter isn't brand new. It's probably a demo or returned merchandise.

The other place you want to avoid buying helicopters from is RCMACHINE on eBay or RC-Expert.com.

vdubin64 03-05-2005 06:43 AM

I just purchased a chopper from rc expert last week and have yet to get it, althogh I'm very excited about the 2005 dragonfly these threads are scaring me. What is it thats so horrible about these sites? Also what about replacement parts? Does anyone know?

bhermer 03-05-2005 06:49 AM

Hi People,

I have just bought a Walkera 400 (#35??) and luckily I must say it hasn't lived up to the bad quality you guys are talking about! But that said I have a couple of questions I would like to ask as this is my first 'real' heli, my last was a dragonfly FP and a Jabo II FP. Firstly, when I am in Normal mode (Fixed pitch) the heli doesn't seem to lift more that 4 feet at full throttle, now it has a 11.1v 16mAh lithium Battery so that should be ok, I am running the standard motor, which i know is a bit crap, but still seems to run ok, so my question is should I attempt to change the pitch angle? and if so how do I do this without effecting the CP mode?? Also what do the two dials at the top of the controller do? I have turned them whil hovering and they dont do anything!!

Hope someone can give a newbie some guidance!!

(PS if you are going to buy one, buy a set of upgraded tail rotor gears with it, my first semi hard landing into long grass, and all the teeth sheared off!!, Anyone in the UK can get zoom parts from www.midlandhelicopters.co.uk which fit!)

Thanks

Ben

OperaGhost 03-05-2005 05:33 PM

in reply to battery explosion----if you had done your research you would know to NOT leave a LiPoly battery charging unattended. there are numerous videos showing as a warning exactly what happened to you.

The 35 is a robust fine flying machine. you can email me at [email protected] for an indepth review.

and will all due respect to chronus, get a new gig already. your relentless bashing of these helis is unfounded and incorrect. if you dont like em, say so, but your crusade is making you look silly.

OperaGhost 03-05-2005 05:37 PM

also, its not a fixed pitch machine! the pitch on both of the 35s we got came with the pitch set wrong. change it to a nearly flat setting for first hovers and stuff.
also, make sure you leave the tail rotors LOOSE if you arent already. they will "lock" into position when you are all spooled up due to rotational force. The gears in the 35 are however plastic, whereas they are metal in the 22a. go figure!

chronus 03-05-2005 11:32 PM

ORIGINAL: marcelg

Crap, waste your money in something better.

chronus 03-05-2005 11:33 PM

ORIGINAL: andy98801

That thing sucks more than a vaccum. I blew like 65 bux i could have had towards a rex or somthing. Anyone wanna buy a 22a frame?. Later
Rc-expert took 3 weeks to get me mine and it broke before i even got it set up.

chronus 03-05-2005 11:35 PM

ORIGINAL: loveing it

I know on Walkera DragonFly #4 the The frame is the best part ! The main motor is ok BUT the Electronics& tail motor JUNK! the sad thing about it when it works it fly's ok :D I am thinking about putting Separate Electronics in it. or I just may get a Hummingbird or piccolo.

chronus 03-05-2005 11:36 PM

ORIGINAL: HeloPilot16

Hey everyone, i new here and just thought i would give my opinion about the Walkera Shogun copy. I got one the other day through ebay, i guess its my fault, but the guy claimed it was a shogun 400...Im tryin to get my money back because they are pretty bad, my battery just like Auspilot's blew up after 30min on the charger, never got to fly it...Just by looking at it it isnt very good, nothing was screwed in all the way, my main blades were too tight, the servos werent in right and none of them could be trimmed right without takeing everything apart....Well theres my opinion...
Good luck to everyone with one...
Richie

chronus 03-05-2005 11:43 PM

I am not on a crusade but if you like then yes! i would hope that fellow micro flying pilots would report there findings so it may be of benefit to me in the future, i feel compelled to do the same !.
I have had experience with the walkera 22a anything else is just speculation but after dealing with walkera personally i would not hold much hope for there other helis either.
Guangzhou Walkera Technology Co.,Ltd have been sending me emails suggesting improvements to there company, i dont know what their angle is yet but we shall see if it filters down in to the modelling community.

>>make sure you leave the tail rotors LOOSE if you arent already. they will "lock" into position when you are all spooled up due to rotational force. <<
But only on this heli right!

>>in reply to battery explosion----if you had done your research you would know to NOT leave a LiPoly battery charging unattended.<<
Phew thank goodnes for forums and people sharing thier experiences!.

No beef opera but just cause it works for you dont mean it works for eveyone else, you are allowed your opinion as much as i am allowed mine.it should be the reader that makes up his own mind and not have to resort to private mailing just cause you think everyone else is wrong,thats not the way of a forum unless you dont want to learn anything!.
I have documented the problems with this chopper in these forums in a technical and unbiased view, i can not deny what i see in front of me and have had plenty of experience to know that this is not the magic chopper for people to get into the hobby with even with the price it is.

On the brighter side here is a qoute from the walkera website for one of thier other models

>>We have developed a mini robot bomb, which is the first in world<<

happy flying whatever you fly :D

bhermer 03-06-2005 05:15 AM

No comments on my issues then?