RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/walkera-helis-dragonfly-etc-405/)
-   -   I'm a little confused. Is this a Dragon Fly #4? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/walkera-helis-dragonfly-etc-405/3688566-im-little-confused-dragon-fly-4-a.html)

Bmr4life 12-24-2005 04:49 PM

I'm a little confused. Is this a Dragon Fly #4?

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJSU6&P=7]Link to chopper[/link]

ryan_f289 12-24-2005 07:03 PM

RE: I'm a little confused. Is this a Dragon Fly #4?

no that is a gws not walkera

Bmr4life 12-24-2005 09:27 PM

ORIGINAL: ryan_f289

no that is a gws not walkera
but aren't they physically the same? I thought the dragonfly #4 was a knockoff of the GWS?

GTX SlotCar 12-24-2005 09:58 PM

Some of the parts are different. A lot of the micro helis share the same parts. The GWS Dragonfly shares less parts than most of the helis.

ryan_f289 12-24-2005 10:34 PM

i don't know what you would call the GWS very few parts are simmilar. but it is the walkera dragonfly 35/36 that are the knockoff. the walkeras have more parts available because they are pretty much copys of the zoom 400 and shogun helos

Bmr4life 12-24-2005 11:08 PM

i don't know what you would call the GWS very few parts are simmilar. but it is the walkera dragonfly 35/36 that are the knockoff. the walkeras have more parts available because they are pretty much copys of the zoom 400 and shogun helos
35/36 are a knock off of what? its definately not the GWS mini dragonfly.

GTX SlotCar 12-24-2005 11:17 PM

i don't know what you would call the GWS very few parts are simmilar...
I'm afraid you've lost me here. I have no idea what you're trying to say.

credence 12-25-2005 01:11 AM

That there is a GWS helicopter. The parts are not interchangeable at all with the exception of the mundane (such as the main frame, skids, etc.) Everything else on the GWS helicopter is different even though they look similar, this includes the rotorhead, head mount, ball links, etc.. Even the main shaft and gear is different. I know this because I own both helicopters. In some regards, the Walkera design is better, but the components are cheaper. GWS components have less flex in them than the Walkera ones do (better quality plastic).

Stock stuff that will transfer between both helicopters without trouble are the flybar, fly paddles, main blades, the entire tail section, the skids, and the main frame.

GTX SlotCar 12-25-2005 03:46 AM

ORIGINAL:GTX_SlotCar
I'm afraid you've lost me here. I have no idea what you're trying to say.

ORIGINAL: credence

That there is a GWS helicopter. The parts are not interchangeable at all with the exception of the mundane...

So, what you're saying is the same thing that I was saying and you think it's the same thing ryanf289 is saying? So why is he disagreeing? Or, maybe he isn't and I just don't understand his sentance.

ryan_f289 12-26-2005 05:37 PM

sorry i type quickly and don't use spell check.

Walkera dragonfly 35/36 = Zoom 400, shogun, T-Rex

GWS dragonfly = nothing

credence 12-26-2005 05:41 PM

GWS dragonfly = it's own design. It's not a clone of anything. The GWS bird is an original.

Bmr4life 12-26-2005 10:27 PM

thanks, I actually own both also, but was confused as to why no one ever talks about the GWS version here. I've never tried to interchange parts so I didn't know they weren't exactly the same. I thought they were though, so that sucks. Anyway, thanks again for the answers.

GTX SlotCar 12-27-2005 03:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Bmr4life

.... was confused as to why no one ever talks about the GWS version here. ....
It's because it's a Walkera thread, but a lot of people here don't actually have Walkera products. BTW, which parts are interchangable depends on what model year helicopters you have. Even some parts from the 2004 and 2005 Walkera DF 4s are different. One version of the GWS Dragonfly frame is not the same as the Walkera frame. You just have to be careful when getting parts this way.

credence 12-27-2005 12:19 PM

The frames on the GWS and Walkera birds aren't the same, but they'll work with eachother with minimal modification. Anything that requires mechanics to interact with eachother is different though (such as the rotorhead).

The reason you never see much mention to the GWS Dragonfly is because it's pretty expensive compared to just about all the other FP micros, not many people own one.