Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

HL IR system

Old 06-23-2011, 02:02 AM
martin loo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HL IR system

HI,

I`m new into this r/c tank hobby, and totally noob in regards the IR system. Hoped you guys can bear with me as i know this must have been discussed many times now...

First of all, I`ve got my first KV-1 tank. It`s really great! Only now I realised there`s this airsoft version or IR ready versions for these tanks, and some even comes with or without the reciever. Please correct me if im wrong, as have many feedbacks with that.

In summary, my KV-1 must be an airsoft version which shoots BB, hehe... Question is if im gonna mod into a battle IR tank, what hardwares should I purchased besides the reciever? The tank main board is the RX-18. Do I need to modify it in order to Make it an IR tank, though there`s a socket with the IR letter on it. I serch and search, but found too many infos whic makes me really confused as it seems needs to stripped the RX-18 box and modify it with some hardwares to make it worked.

So far found this complete kit from OZamour and says complete IR system. What do you guys say, or is there another solution which is fully plug and play conversion like from standard HL IR version tanks? I really need help please!!!

Link: http://www.ozarmour.com/shop/product...grade-Kit.html
Old 06-23-2011, 03:45 AM
borealis

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: HL IR system

That kit is for converting older tanks to IR (meaning those with RX13- and RX14 boards inside).

Best way for a plug-and play conversion is trying to find a complete IR turret. That would be an almost plug and play conversion.

Otherwise you won't be able to convert completely your tank to a standard Heng long IR out-of-the-box version, unless you also buy a recoil unit.

But if you already have an RX18 inside your tank you don't need many items from that kit.

A: 1 x RX-18 Multifunction Board. < NO NEED
B: 1 x IR Sensor Tower Mount ***NEW ITEM***
C: 1 x 3pin - 3pin cables.
D: 1 x 8pin Connector Harness.
E: 1 x High Voltage Flash Unit. < NO NEED
F: 1 x IR Sensor Tower.
G: 3 x 2pin Red/Black cables. < NO NEED
H: 1 x 8pin - 5pin cable.
I: 1 x 8pin - 8pin cable. < NO NEED
J: 1 x Standard L.E.D w/wire.
K: 1 x TK-YL101-1 Receiver Board with 3pin-3pin < NO NEED

Other items are not a plug and play system, since you have to put the IR led somewhere and so on. And you will still retain the BB shooter.

As I said, easiest way is buying a complete IR turret.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:18 AM
martin loo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi borealis,

Thanks for quick reply!

Care to clarify the below?

A: 1 x RX-18 Multifunction Board. < NO NEED - understood
B: 1 x IR Sensor Tower Mount ***NEW ITEM*** - understood
E: 1 x High Voltage Flash Unit. < NO NEED - ?? due to airsoft, if no shooting required then fixable?
G: 3 x 2pin Red/Black cables. < NO NEED - kinda understood
I: 1 x 8pin - 8pin cable. < NO NEED - kinda understood
K: 1 x TK-YL101-1 Receiver Board with 3pin-3pin < NO NEED - what`s actually use for?

Lastly, you quote buying complete IR turret means buy a complete tank model with built in IR systems?

Thanks again in advance!

Old 06-23-2011, 11:27 AM
borealis

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

ORIGINAL: martin loo

A: 1 x RX-18 Multifunction Board. < NO NEED - understood
B: 1 x IR Sensor Tower Mount ***NEW ITEM*** - understood
E: 1 x High Voltage Flash Unit. < NO NEED - ?? due to airsoft, if no shooting required then fixable? You might need this if you disconnect the airsoft power feed and plug the flash into the barrel
G: 3 x 2pin Red/Black cables. < NO NEED - kinda understood
I: 1 x 8pin - 8pin cable. < NO NEED - kinda understood
K: 1 x TK-YL101-1 Receiver Board with 3pin-3pin < NO NEED - what`s actually use for? Its the receiver board you should already have

Lastly, you quote buying complete IR turret means buy a complete tank model with built in IR systems? If your tank already has smoke and sound, then it probably has the RX18 board in. In this case the same board is used for both airsoft and IR versions. Therefore you just need the turret with barrel recoil, IR led and IR receiver to swap with your airsoft one

Thanks again in advance!