Community
Search
Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

new, please read

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 02:25 PM
CndnJesus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new, please read

hey everyone i hope this thread gets some posts before i start getting overwhelmed! so, i want to build my own rctank with some of my own ideas made in to it. example i want main turret
to be a paintball marker, and a secondary turret using the air soft. ww2total.com/ww2-pics/albums/userpics/10001/normal_M3-Lee-004-px800.jpg kind of what i plan on.
im good with my hands and basic idea of how it will work, also willing to put in the time to make it. myquestions begin in where do i start? do i need to find a motor and such, do i make the sheetmetal frame,
should i use electric/nitro, whats pros/cons. many questions... anyways im hoping to get some help here as i want this to become a hobby of mine, look forward to some advice and feedback.tyia!

~Jordon.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:52 PM
(RC)Tanker

Default RE: new, please read

I dont really believe you could do both at the same time, but maybe have the 75 mm switch out and the 37 mm being part of a gravity fed ammo storage. As far as engine and materials, I suggest using electric, but i dont know about materials.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:54 PM
CndnJesus

Default RE: new, please read

hey thanks for the post. actually decided on a different type of hull, im about halfway done my sketches and will post them when im done. suppose i still need abit more info
on the electric vs nitro engine choice. the feed for gun will be gravity but im thinking i can make my own with the turret shell being the hopper. im still just in the idea stage
and open to suggestions and such. big plans, just hope i can follow them through on a custom design. thanks again for the post, and ill keep on the sketches!

~Jordon