Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks > War Room
Reload this Page >

New to tank battles with different frequencies

Community
Search
Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

New to tank battles with different frequencies

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 04:56 PM
inquisitive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to tank battles with different frequencies

Hi,
Irecently bought 4 tanks for some nephews this coming XMas. Two of them have 27Mhz and the other two have 40Mhz. Am i correct that only the tanks with the same frequencies can battle each other? Like the two 27Mhz fight each other while the two 40Mhz battle each other...or can all 4 tanks battle each other no matter what? Thanks.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:04 PM
bigford

Default RE: New to tank battles with different frequencies

you need to make sure that the all radios are not 27.### mhz same for the 40mhz
as long all 4 numbers are diffrent you are ok. if both numbers 27.### & 40.###
are the same one controler will send the same command to both tanks
Old 12-10-2011, 07:25 PM
inquisitive

the two 27Mhz tanks have two 27Mhz controllers and the two 40Mhz tanks have two 40Mhz controllers. so what you're saying is that i guess only the two different pairs of tanks with different frequencies can battle each other at a time. i guess i will have to separate my 4 nephews into pairs. One pair will use the two 27Mhz tanks as a team(only one controller allowed ?) vs. the other pair using the two 40Mhz tanks as a team(only one controller allowed?).

The other option is to just have two nephews dual each other with one using a 27Mhz tank and the other using a 40Mhz tank keeping a big distance away from the other two nephews dualing each other with one using a 27Mhz tanks and the other using a 40Mhz tank since one controller(27Mhz could control both 27Mhz tanks ....same for 40Mhz tank)

What is a good distance apart to not get the frequencies confused with two fo the same frequencies controller?

Old 12-10-2011, 07:38 PM
bigford

you need to see what the # is after 27.??? and 40.??? one 27 and one 40 will work
together but not two 27. or two 40 if the last 3 numbers are the same
lets say these are your tank
27.123 is tank one.
27.456 is tank two
40.123 is tank three
40.456 is tank four
then all four tanks can play together just fine. here is where you could have problems
27.123 tank one
27.123 tank two
same for the 40
Old 12-11-2011, 09:43 PM
inquisitive

I actually can't tell. It only says 27Mhz for two of the tanks and 40Mhz for the other two with no other number to distinguish it. Iguess to play it safe, i will just have the 27Mhz play the 40Mhz separately. It is made in China and is actually these tanks from meritline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLysTU4XAdE

Old 12-12-2011, 07:30 AM
DJLaPalme

All you need to do to be sure they are on different frequencies is turn the transmitter for Tank#1 on 27 and turn on Tank #2. If Tank #2 does not respond ,you are o.k. Do the same for the 2 on 40. You will not hurt anything and that will let you know for sure if they can be operated together. Dennis