Community
Search
Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

Bandai or ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Ironturtle66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bandai or ?

Hey guys,
The price for a static Tamiya tank is through the roof, what other options are out there other than Bandai? I love to build so I want something that I can put together, 1/14 -1/15 -1/16 or 1/18th who makes them and where can I get them?
Old 11-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Green Amphibian

Default RE: Bandai or ?

Remember, you get what you pay for. The best prices on Tamyia tanks are at the AAF Museum. AAF Tank Museum PX
Old 11-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Ironturtle66

I agree,I've bought a few tanks and parts from AAF. I was looking at Trumpeter (maybe) and Bandai. I was looking at buildingTrumpeter and converting it to R/C using Tamiya parts. Anyone
ever converted a Trumpeter to full R/C?
Old 11-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

If you just want to build and not run it, there are still some 1/16 Trumpeter T-34's (76 & 85MM) available for around $100 or...

... the Trumpeter King Tiger for around $250 or $300. One of them actually has clear parts to assemble to see inside the tank.

There should be a new 1/16 static Tiger I coming out soon, don't have all the details or price yet.

HTH

~ Jeff