Community
Search
Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

new format

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 07:53 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down new format

Wondering why I see a drastic drop in RCU posts. After logging in, I can understand...this new site really sucks...Why change something that has been working well????
Old 08-10-2013, 06:09 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

It HAD to be upgraded Bill. You yourself have been around long enough to know there is always going to be a change, nothing stays the same.

It's a free forum that we pay NOTHING for so get used to it or be like BIGMIG and leave a few times! LOL

Jeff
Old 08-10-2013, 08:45 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, but the fact remains usage is really down. I am all for improvements and change, but foremost on this must be the user interface. My problem is that it keeps dropping me, and I have to sign in even if I am already signed in, and then it just locks up. I guess you are supposed to clear all your browser cookies, but who the heck wants to do that. I must have 15 sites that automatically log me in when I visit, and the thought of having re-establish all of these is a pain in the ....... . I guess I will have to but what a pain.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

I don't like it... I miss being able to see who is online, I often stayed on this site longer when I knew some of the people I like are on in hopes that they would say something useful. Now I have no idea who is online so there is less reason to hangout. Now I just pop on and look then log off.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Green Amphibian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have finally gotten so I can log in and stay logged in, but it is a pain. I have to go through the whole car forum list to get to the tanks and then click it. Why can't I just log into tanks like we did before without having to log in each time we visit?

Herman
Old 08-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Panther F

To be honest with you Herman, I have my PC set up to never stay logged into ANYTHING.

Just call it superstitious I guess.

Jeff
Old 08-10-2013, 07:22 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

I am having no problems at all I had to replace my short cut to here but after the first log in every thing worked for me just saved pages I mite have to re look up I am using firefox browser with no problems this is not the first time I had a group do up date AOL groups did it from time to time I have been in computer groups with this type of forum yes there are a few changes to learn but remember how much the other RCU site would have a problem run slow some times you could not log in to it or post .

Jimmy
Old 08-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Pah co chu puk
I don't like it... I miss being able to see who is online, I often stayed on this site longer when I knew some of the people I like are on in hopes that they would say something useful. Now I have no idea who is online so there is less reason to hangout. Now I just pop on and look then log off.
It does have a list of who is online... it's at the bottom of the page now, not the top.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:59 PM
FreakyDude

I think this forum is terrible now. Its basically the same as that other site and I hardly ever go there because I don't like the feel of it. For those that say this is a free forum I say hardly - I buy lots of product from those that advertise here so in the long run It gets paid for. For those that say change is inevitable, well I say in the computer world you can streamline the backside without changing how the front side looks. usage will continue to tumble I think, the new forums are not getting rave reviews in any of the sections.
really too bad. This is like sympatico my isp, they changed the home page with not only how they show content but also how the content is fed back to the user. Everybody complained, they said nope staying this way and well a year later their visits are down huge. soon as my contract with them is up I am voting with my feet and moving to a new isp.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Captain Nemo12

We'll all have to be patient for a little while gentlemen... the RCU programmers probably don't work on the forum software full-time since they have their own real-life jobs. I'm confident that the bugs are being worked on. Still, the new forum software has a lot of promise, it'll just take time to get used to.

Nate
Old 08-12-2013, 01:22 PM
pattoncommander

Jeff, there are ways to improve a site without resorting to changing the entire format. From reading the responses, looks as is the general consensus thinks the new setup sucks.
I used to receive posts and open those of interest, however I haven't seen any new posts in a couple weeks since I have been back from out of state.

It would also help if some of those posting would refrain from sarcasm and snide remarks, which interjects a negativity into any post, irrespective of theme or content. Common courtesy 101.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Panther F

There have been 10 or 12 new threads posted since you posted this one. If you have a legitimate complaint about the forum maybe you should take it up with the management instead of airing the dirty laundry which you know will draw sarcasm and snide remarks.

Jeff
Old 08-14-2013, 09:20 AM
Rustytrax

Site seems to work fine for me using Firefox. Even the upload works along with the click and view picture feature.

Kinda weird to start threads.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:36 PM
BIGMIG

[QUOTE=Panther F;11587497]It HAD to be upgraded Bill. You yourself have been around long enough to know there is always going to be a change, nothing stays the same.

It's a free forum that we pay NOTHING for so get used to it or be like BIGMIG and leave a few times! LOL

Panther F...............I find this comment from you not a surprise at all.You have always been a wise ass on this forum and suspect that will never change.You are more of a troll than a participating member.

I have one post here in the war room now on page three that has had to date ( 38,188 views ).This one post has most likely done more to interest new members and others than the total of anything combined you have ever posted here on RCU........end of reply to you wise guy.

I have nothing against improvement................Is this an improvement..??

Anyone want to do an honest poll on the subject.

Like i said in other posts i mostly drop in to have a look and leave.Don't bother to log in.I had a lot of fun on here in the past building my projects and posting a lot of them.I got a lot of help here on different things at times..........and i did try to offer some in return at times.I still have a lot of my tanks...but most likely will not be doing much with them in the future.

For those of us who have hung around the tank forum as long as we have it is clear most of us liked it the way it was.For the new guys who might become new members they will see it as it is now and will not know how it was in the past.So all i can say to them is have fun and injoy.

BIGMIG
Old 08-19-2013, 04:15 AM
Panther F

Well thanks!

At least I am something then nothing like you.

Jeff
Old 08-19-2013, 07:06 AM
pattoncommander

Jeff, why don't you grow up and cease being a spoiled child that can't have his way. Of all the hundreds of members posting ,YOU are the ONLY one who continuously goes out of his way to post snide, sarcastic remarks and cut people down. Most members try at least to offer advice or share experiences in improving models, on a particular field of expertise. I am fortunate in that I have served on some of the tanks members own and am able to offer advice based on hands on experience ....not ALL tanks of that type, but ones in units in which I served., You, on the other hand have your impressive knowledge of Shermans from books and have most likely never been on a tank outside of museum artifacts and have little to share regarding the actual operation or problems inherent in living in one. Several members have simply said "consider the source and ignore him"...but seeing your immature, childish cuts regarding some posts does add poor taste and distracts from the honest, helpful material some members are attempting to relay in their posts. Grow up, child!
Old 08-21-2013, 04:11 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Agree, this new forum isn't like the old & not to my liking, either. Its just another canned format that anyone who knows some basic coding can upload & modify.

Regarding the other obvious issue, wouldn't be nice if ALL the members here could focus their messages to a more constructive, positive stance, than simply trying to dig others who contribute?

Last edited by herrmill; 08-21-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:24 AM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am positive I do not like the new format..................How's that?
Old 08-26-2013, 07:57 PM
Lincs Winks Wayne

What happened to ( Posts since last log in to site ? )
I cannot find it and I miss it.

Wayne
Old 08-26-2013, 08:28 PM
pattoncommander

Seems pretty obvious, RCU as far as tanks go, is dead. Majority of posts regarding the new format are not in favor and dislike the new site. Be nice if those in control of the website would read and see what they have done.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are always some resistant to change. They aren't going to change it back, the old system was falling apart. Sorry you don't like it guys, it is much better for most of us. As for missing features, I'm still finding things myself, be patient.

People make a community, not the software, unless an interface is unusable, and this certainly isn't that. They tried to keep it as close to it was as possible.

I'll try to find out what the best way to see recent posts is and post back for you Wayne.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:08 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have mine back to the way it was. I would suggest people go into their user settings and play around with the different options. The same functionality is there, you just have to set it up. It takes a little getting used to but it is much improved.

When you want to upload pictures you will enjoy the fact you can mass select and up load many pictures in one operation.

Hopefully people will adapt, and we can get this firing on all cylinders again.

Cheers
Old 10-12-2013, 03:53 PM
pattoncommander

Judging from the extremely sparse posts since this thing changed, and especially since the last post regarding the new system, looks like RCU regarding tanks is dead. I am selling off my tanks except my M-46 and M-51. I used to enjoy helping people with tanks I have served on to concentrate on historic accuracy, but it's quite apparent that most "battlers" (so called "tankers" who never scuffed a knuckle turning a wrench on one) could care less about history or accuracy, so out with it all. Too involved with music and flying to Europe and Israel to mess with it. I'll be in Israel in December, so hope to gain some great experience working with the IDF after we perform our concert.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:21 PM
marshall
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Love the new format, Thanks for the GREAT NEWS pattonmander.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:52 AM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

At first, I didn't like it, but I am getting used to it. But I still think it was better before. I hate change because I am an old dog who resists learning new tricks, I'm set in my ways and I'm a stubborn old coot. I like the people on this forum and the hobby we all share.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.