Community
Search
Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

new format

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 06:26 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Rex,

As another old coot set in his ways, I accept change when warranted, but the drastic change I see in the site has very obviously driven others away also. I see a dramatic drop off in posts and mainly what I see is notices of battle days. I miss corresponding with many people, but have not seen any posts from most of those with whom I have exchanged notes with in the past few years. Maybe I'll have a post when I return from Israel. It's been postponed until mid March but I expect to be there for at least 2-3 weeks...unless we have to strike Iran, in which case I could be busy. I still have my two M-51s, but would settle for a single 1;1 Merkava.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Pattoncommander. Hopefully you were being sarcastic about getting out. I always found your input most helpful.

I don't find the website too onerous. It does take some time to view pic's now. Used to be a lot quicker for me. I think the reason for the downturn may be deeper than the website. I can only speak for myself but the hobby has become a little stagnant for me. I remember 2-3 years ago when the membership would wait with baited breath for each new tank release. I remember when the PIII came out there were numerous multipage threads from people that were really excited. Unboxing threads, upgrade threads, excitement. Now new releases get little attention where they would have gotten much more previously. It seems like the possibilities in the hobby are greater than ever now. I can not explain why I am not interested. Perhaps others feel the same.

Beyond that there are some forum personalities that are not really here to help as demonstrated earlier in the thread. After enough of that I quit posting as i used to. Not a boy scout here and I have had my moments as well but, just sayin...

Perry

Last edited by Perry S.; 12-03-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:22 AM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Perry, yeah, I'm very much disappointed in the "new" site. I just check once in a while, but the dozens of posts regarding new builds, conversions and guys looking for parts/info/history etc is about gone. The tank site is about dead. Maybe everything is happening at once, but I find myself deeply engrossed in music, rehearsing a new ensemble and getting ready to play in Israel and Germany, that I don't do anything with my RC tanks. As I posted earlier, anything I can provide on any of the tanks I have served on, I gladly share my experience and suggestions. Not much news on different models on the market and those seem to come from European sources and not types that interest me. I was hoping some maker would introduce some new armor so we can get away from Tigermania for a while, but if this site is any type of gauge, with the tank hobby seemingly at a very low point, it does not appear that many makers are going to invest in tooling up new stuff. The Hooben T-54/55 is the most promising but I have read so many posts describing problems, then the price, it's a no go. Tamiya's major blunder with the M-51 made up of a nice turret but a doctored 105 Sherman with so many inaccuracies, just turned me off to Tamiya...outside of 1;35 scale for museum work. Maybe the trip to Tel Aviv and working with the IDF after our playing will rekindle my interest
but as it looks now, it's pretty much low scale activity.