Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks > War Room
Reload this Page >

2014 Tank Battle weekend in Urbana, Ohio

Community
Search
Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

2014 Tank Battle weekend in Urbana, Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 01:09 PM
twoplanekid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Tank Battle weekend in Urbana, Ohio

As a kid, I was always interested in tanks. My father, a WWII Combat vet who fought in Europe, had many war books for me to read and would tell combat stories. A friend of mine collected armored vehicles of all types which further heightened my interest. Although I did serve in the US Army in Vietnam, I wasn’t near tanks.
My dad passed away three years ago and my friend had to get rid of his tank collection after 9/11 at the request of the FBI. So, tanks have been out of sight out of mind.

A month ago I was selling my RC aircraft at the Horizon Dome RC flyin in Columbus, Oh and talked to a fellow vendor who was selling Taigen tanks. It was then that I decided to act before I kicked the bucket.
I understand from reading comments on various tank forums that the Taigen tanks are a middle of the road in the 1/16 tank line up. They come with most of the basic functions in an enhanced package that is ready to roll. So, I am now a Taigen tank dealer.

As such, I would ask your advice on setting up a Tank battle weekend at the Champaign Aviation Museum in Urbana, Ohio. What dates in February or March would be best? Who should I contact for rules, advice, and to advertise?
http://www.champaignaviationmuseum.org/

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank_0007.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	1,007.0 KB
ID:	1944448   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank_0013.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	1944449   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0275.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	1944450  
Old 12-03-2013, 07:43 PM
cleong

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

http://ircto.org/index/rc_tanks_clubs_ww/0-9 is a good place to start.

You would get more responses to this thread if you posted in over in the main section of the Tank forum:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/
Old 12-26-2013, 05:57 AM
twoplanekid

Our 1[SUP]st[/SUP] tank battle weekend/day will be held on Saturday March1st in the Champaign Aviation Museum Urbana, Ohio.
http://www.champaignaviationmuseum.org/

As we have the Airport Café located 100 or so yards to the south, no need to bring food.
More details to follow.

Have a very Happy New Year

Rick

Last edited by twoplanekid; 12-28-2013 at 07:17 AM. Reason: date change
Old 12-28-2013, 07:16 AM
twoplanekid

As there could be a blizzard on the 8[SUP]th[/SUP] and as some can only make it on the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] of March, I am going to change theTank battle date to the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] of March from 9 A.M. till 5 P.M. We will use the date of the 8[SUP]th[/SUP] as an alternate if there is a blizzard in Ohio on the 1[SUP]st [/SUP].
If anyone has suggestions as to activities on this battleday, please let me know. I will try to have events for all makes of tanks including those non IR units.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 12-28-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:01 AM
twoplanekid

We will be holding our 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Tank Battle day Saturday March 1[SUP]st[/SUP] in the Champaign Aviation Museum at Grimes Field in Urbana,Ohio. If you live near Urbana, please join us for a fun day of tanking. If you live further away, spend a day with us and then a day at the National Museum of the US Air Force located a short 50 minute drive from Urbana. We need your help as many of us are a little short on tank experience.

For this first event, I wish that we could do as the Australian Moreton Bay RC Tank club is doing -> (( I'm please to say that I will be there with some new products and radio gear for those interested. New products include: Pantherturm (not that new but I doubt many would have seen in action), Panzerfaust,Sirvoe, MAKO4, Taipan, Remora and Manta, Cobra, plus the latest version of tankER9X in combination with the FrSky system which allows:16 channel operation(yes 16 channel operation on the 9X)Model matching and Telemetry ))

I do have a MAKO2 and MAKO TE to show and the Super Smoker II,RBU Battle Unit, Universal daughter Board from Radio Control Custom Tanks. I hope to have a Clark TK22 to show if the Distributor and I can work out a deal. As I am a Taigen dealer, I will have most of their products on display.

As far as IR battling, it all depends on what people bring to the event. I know that many will battle using the Taigen system. Hopefully others will be here to show everyone how to battle using the Tamiya and other systems. There will be a tank driving course and games. Tables will be setup to display your equipment. The movie Kelly’s Heroes will be playing all day.

CAP kids from Marysville will be here in the morning to look at planes and watch us battle. The local RC club will be in attendance and help with the event. So, please consider this event in your plans for the 1[SUP]st[/SUP]of March. I promise that it will be warm inside the hanger and you will have good food to eat at the Airport Café, a short walk away.

Hope to see you in Urbana to talk about and have fun with RC tanks,

Rick

Last edited by twoplanekid; 02-07-2014 at 07:08 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:50 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any Updates...How was your event go men? We live for pix.