Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks > War Room
Reload this Page >

Reco For A Decent Airbrush Kit

Community
Search
Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

Reco For A Decent Airbrush Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 04:20 AM
cicerokid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reco For A Decent Airbrush Kit

Any recommendations for a decent airbrush kit? Don't want to spend a fortune as will prob only use it 3 or 4 times. Also want it to use can propellant so I don't need a compressor. Thanks for help!!
Old 03-11-2016, 08:34 PM
Two-Socks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started with a Paasche single action, internal mix, airbrush set. It came with little glass bottles (that I never used) and a side-top chrome bowl that I used extensively. If you don't over fill the bowl you will probably never spill it. I painted about 50 models and dioramas with it. I started out with the intention of only painting two. But painting became so much fun I started building stuff to paint.

If you use the canned propellant you have to be very careful to avoid the "Sploooge" of moisture, or liquid propellant that will fart all over your half-painted model and ruin the paint job. If that happens, you may have to strip the paint and gunk off the model and start over. This happened to me and I learned a hard lesson.

I ended up buying a cheap compressor that made a huge racket but it worked great. And then I learned another lesson. I immediately bought a MOISTURE trap and an extra length of braided hose. No matter the method you use for propellant, moisture is an enemy.

This kind of LOOKS like the set I started with but I would call to confirm that it suits your needs. http://www.paascheairbrush.com/produ...-action/HS-SET