Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks > War Room
Reload this Page >

Question Battery Charging For RC Tanks

Community
Search
Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

Question Battery Charging For RC Tanks

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 03:18 PM
cicerokid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question Battery Charging For RC Tanks

Have 2 Taigen IR tanks and just starting having some battles (my grandson cleaned my clock). They both use 7.2V NiMH 2,000mAh batteries. Have formed all the batteries I used. My question is: the tanks stop functioning when the voltage gets down in the 6+ area. I then do a discharge/charge cycle to bring them back into the 8+V range.I discharge them down to .9V per cell or around 5.4V total (all are 6 cell). Do I have to do the discharge or can I just charge them back to full? Will either method affect performance or battery life? thanks for any input
Old 07-07-2017, 05:29 PM
Rjag

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. You posted this in Feb and no one responded? I am no expert but I've been running NiMH for years in tanks, cars and trucks. Never had a problem with simply recharging them to full. I've used a peak charger and a simple wall pack. Some of my packs have lasted for 6 years of intermittent use, way beyond their expected life.
Just my experience.