Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks > War Room
Reload this Page >

Ready to build 1/6 battle ready armour kit--

Community
Search
Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

Ready to build 1/6 battle ready armour kit--

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 11:27 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ready to build 1/6 battle ready armour kit--

I'm planning on buying a 1/6 scale battle ready armour kit next month and would like to find someone with the same interest in building one of these kits at the same time.I have not decided yet which model I want to build at this point.This will not be built here on the forum.If you have thought about building one of these and would like to bump heads togeather through-out the build via-private e-mail to have someone else to colaberate with,PM me and lets talk it over. BIGMIG
Old 01-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Ready to build 1/6 battle ready armour kit--

ORIGINAL: BIGMIG

I'm planning on buying a 1/6 scale battle ready armour kit next month and would like to find someone with the same interest in building one of these kits at the same time.I have not decided yet which model I want to build at this point.This will not be built here on the forum.If you have thought about building one of these and would like to bump heads togeather through-out the build via-private e-mail to have someone else to colaberate with,PM me and lets talk it over. BIGMIG

Why not build it here on the forum? It's battle ready so therefore it does have the capablilty of being R/C'd.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:41 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am also looking at a Panther from this outfit. I am very curious to find out how well these go together, and what the real cost is to get them running. I would be very interested in reading a thread about how you make out with this. If you have a good experience, chances are I would jump on a project like this for myself.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:55 PM
BIGMIG

Hello YHR,
Be glad to let you know what I can about it after I buy it,but it will not be built here on the forum. BIGMIG
Old 01-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Panther F

Yeah, they're pretty nice looking.

http://www.greatmodels.com/main/Batt...mour/Pzivh.htm

You must own a rivet gun though! A Sherman would be too cool!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:55 AM
ArmChairGeneral

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They also have a bunch of youtube videos available, looks like a good deal for a 1/6:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgwyXLzLvZI
Old 01-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Panther F

Considering the cost, if I can find the space I might go for the Jagdpanzer IV. I would rather have a Sherman to sit next to those M5's. []
Old 01-25-2008, 02:54 AM
Phil.Tran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all,

Does any one know or have plans on how to building turret to make it turns and recoil unit for rc tanks 1/6th

where can we drive to find Abram sound effect with great price? Please advice

Thanks & regards,

Philip
Old 01-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Leo2A6 Owner

I have a panzer 4 hull and turret built. I plan on silver soldering all the corners and grinding them square. It will also add mor rigidity to the model.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:14 AM
Phil.Tran

Hello all,

i want to build a tank 1/6th, please could you all help to share any tech.drawings of Turn Turret , Gun Elevation? or any infos about

Thanks,
Philip
Old 02-11-2008, 10:30 PM
BIGMIG

ORIGINAL: Leo2A6 Owner

I have a panzer 4 hull and turret built. I plan on silver soldering all the corners and grinding them square. It will also add mor rigidity to the model.
Hello leo2A6Owner,
I'm getting closer to ordering the PZ IV kit,and was wondering if you was over-all happy with that kit.Did you try soldering all the corner's. ?? I printed up some of the construction plans and was wonder what method was used to fill the apperent gaps.The best price I have found was $624.00 with shipping.Any addvice or comments before I order would be very helpfull.
BIGMIG
Old 03-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A word of caution with the Battle Ready Armor tanks. They do not have working suspention on them. They even state so on there web site. You can get them with it for a price but base models dont have it. This would be a must with such a heavey vehicle. Especially if your going to make it an RC tank.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:37 PM
DAP

Check our web site. One of our members builds drivelines and there is some panther parts left from a project.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:54 PM
BIGMIG

Hello Dap,
Well for now the 1/6 Stuarts have keep me from buying a 1/6 metal model,and just waiting for my 1/6 hummer.But now i'm on the look out for a 1/9 abrams,if you know anyone who has one for sale or you happen to run across one let me know.If I find one of the 1/9 abrams it will satisfiy me for a while,but I still won't rule out one of the metal ones down the road. BIGMIG
Old 03-24-2008, 08:24 AM
DAP

BIGMIG

I have several parts for one.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:20 PM
BIGMIG

Hello Dap,
Hey I guess I just bought a NON RC Stuart and I'm wondering if you would know if the parts on one of these is the same as the ones on the RC version models.Didn't realy think I would be the high bidder on this tank,but it's mine now.I had thought when I bid on it that I would use it for a parts tank,but then now I'm wondering if the parts are the same.I would think they are,but hoping you might know.?? the suspence will be killing me waiting for it to get here.? BIGMIG
Old 03-26-2008, 08:20 AM
DAP

There are many parts that are enterchangable. The static has the more realistic tracks and wheels. I recall the turret basket has room for a standing figure. Spotlight where the volume knob is. About it as I remember.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:33 PM
CHIEFSONN

Default RE: Ready to build 1/6 battle ready armour kit

I HAVE A 1/6 SCALE PANTHER FROM BATTLE READY ARMOR STILL IN THE BOX FROM CHRISTMASS JUST OPENED IT TO INSURE ALL THE PARTS WERE THERE.
CHIEFSONN
Old 05-18-2008, 07:36 PM
pzrwest

Well I got word back today reguarding the scratch built 1/6th Tiger 1. Will be getting the directions where to pick it up next weekend and will be going to Ottawa Ont. Canada on the weekend of the 31st and bringing it home. The I will decide whether to leave it static or go RC with it. Waiting will be worse than waiting for Xmas morning when I was a kid.... LOL
Old 06-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Big Tanks of America

Hi all,

if you are interested in the BRA Panther G check out my online WIP in a forum for 1/6 right here: http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal...ic.php?t=14852

Find a Tiger 1 I built for another customer right here: http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal...ic.php?t=16102

A short story of those combined: http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal...ic.php?t=16118

These tanks are static but could be fitted to r/c which was not ordered by the customers I built these for.

If you have questions about this scale tanks just email me.

Hans
Old 11-10-2008, 04:50 PM
hoverhog

Hey all i am lookig at the Jagdpanther 1/6 But i am building a Leopard 2A6 Scratch build at the moment it has been an ongoing project for about 5 years on and off.
I have been looking and enquiring about these steel monsters and the only Tank in this line that has suspention available is the Tiger 1 at 180US for this upgrade from great models.com is there any other vendors that are stocking these in the US or Canada.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:44 PM
BIGMIG

Hello Hoverhog,
Can't help you directly but would suggest you may try shooting a PM to Dap and ask him,he has the bigger scale tanks and has a lot of knowledge about them. BIGMIG