Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks > War Room
Reload this Page >

Who knew the KGB was still around????

Community
Search
Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

Who knew the KGB was still around????

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 05:25 PM
ksoc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who knew the KGB was still around????

This is the second tank site that has had threads about the events in Georgia removed.

First RC Tank HQ, and now here.......

Three pages long, and NOW it was determined to be unsuitable?

Not edited; Not locked; Not comments added about how the thread contained inappropriate material.

Just outright hauled off in the middle of the night, not to be heard from again......[X(][X(][X(]
Old 08-19-2008, 06:02 PM
googlydoogly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who knew the KGB was still around????

Things got very heated between a couple of members. It degraded to childish name-calling, a few nationalities were insulted, etc.

Then again...the NSA might have been the culprit..
Old 08-19-2008, 06:04 PM
fv432
Banned

and we wonder why there's no peace in this mad world of ours[X(][X(][X(]

thing is guys we have freedom of speech

But when the writings on the wall thats a different matter

Kind regards Rob
Old 08-19-2008, 07:08 PM
pcomm1

PM Putin's new fleet of captured Georgian yachts are readied for a Black Sea vacation cruise.

Best Regards,

John

PS And I hope the guy from the third world igloo gets the Anti-Drug Abuse help he/she needs.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94873.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	1015151  
Old 08-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Chally2

In England we have no right to freedom of speech, we have no written constitution, and whilst our cousins in Scotland, Wales and Ireland have their own parliament.........

We do not.

KGB? Have you been taken from your home in the dead of night and silenced forever? I suspect not, as you are still able to post and complain.

Enjoy the democracy you have, it will allow you to criticize it forever and a day. It will not allow you to abuse its individual citizens nor terrorize its population as a whole (at last). That could be a major bonus?

I reckon you are a lot better off than you realise, mate.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:54 PM
smittyrob

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PS And I hope the guy from the third world igloo gets the Anti-Drug Abuse help he/she needs.
Talk about ignorant, I live in an Ice House not an Igloo.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:11 PM
ksoc

In the past RC Univ has been VERY loose as to what they will allow on this forum.

If it really was getting bad the could have edited / deleted the offending post, or even locked the thread. They policy has seemed to be the more hits the better

Removing and entire thread without any reasons or comments smacks of censorship of the worst kind.

Maybe we are spoiled in America, but if we don't stand up for our rights, we shall surely lose them.

To Chally2,

In case you didn't get it, the KGB reference was in keeping with the theme of the missing thread.

From the wording in your post, sounds as if you are accusing me abusing individuals, and terrorizing populations. Sorry, but it is YOUR language, and that is how it reads. If you are talking to someone else specifically, or people in general, please revise your post.

The Americans kicked you out for their own rights. The Irish kicked you out for their own rights. When are you guys going to kick your own government to get the rights you deserve? - IN WRITING
Old 08-19-2008, 10:36 PM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Actually, I was surprised it lasted as long as it did on RCU. The main reason probably 'not hobby related'.

Well, any highly controversial or politically charged subject is ripe for picking by mods.

DefenseTalk is a more appropriate forum for the deleted thread.

I am surprised THQ deleted such a thread, they seemed more 'open'.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:43 PM
smittyrob

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes this thread was getting politically charged. Maybe there were other posts they didn't like as well so it all got deleted. I believe it was actually shutdown in relation to a certain members spewing his political beliefs and harrasment of other members.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:18 AM
pcomm1

ORIGINAL: smittyrob

Yes this thread was getting politically charged. Maybe there were other posts they didn't like as well so it all got deleted. I believe it was actually shutdown in relation to a certain members spewing his political beliefs and harrasment of other members.
Nothing political about that thread, facts are facts and the US Gov, today, on Fox News stated the Georgia issues are petro/energy related and I believe the clueless kid living in the third world igloo got the thread punted along with a witless person seeking loyalty oaths, but anyway, they have some great deals on used 1/1 scale Hummers in Moscow this week. But supplies are limited.

smittyrob, so lets see some images of your armor models spew forth, what do you got son?

Old 08-20-2008, 05:29 AM
Chally2

ORIGINAL: ksoc

In case you didn't get it, the KGB reference was in keeping with the theme of the missing thread.

From the wording in your post, sounds as if you are accusing me abusing individuals, and terrorizing populations. Sorry, but it is YOUR language, and that is how it reads. If you are talking to someone else specifically, or people in general, please revise your post.
I'm sorry, I have no intention of revising my post because you failed to understand it. Try reading it again.

Thank you for your review of British history which has very little to do with English history, you do realise that England isn't Britain I suppose? Perhaps not.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:38 AM
killick64

Well, this IS called "The War Room".....

Chally2 -Congrats on identifying Sir Winston Churchill as the author of the quote about The Truth, in Wartime, being so precious that She should always be attended by a BodyGuard of Lies. The other 3 fellows probably wouldn't have argued with it....
Old 08-20-2008, 07:15 AM
fv432
Banned

One good quote still holds true with me "Believe 50% of what you see and nothing of what you Hear"

Cant go far wrong with that

Don't even start on The N ireland issue lost way to many good friends on that and some that are still here and not mending
So PLEASE Don't even go there
Old 08-20-2008, 08:44 AM
ArmChairGeneral

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They should lock threads gone awry, I hate the deletion of ideas/opinions in the nite. There was some good tank talk in there amongst the hate
Old 08-20-2008, 01:41 PM
123Splat

WOW, I must have missed some juicy posts!

Chally,
Just as there are differences between being a citizen and being a subject, there are differences between a 'democracy' and a 'republic'.
Let me offer to you that we, here in the USA, live in a Republic. We are supposedly goverened by 'rule of law' , not 'mob rule'. Odd, how few of us seem to understand that.......

Anyway, CHILL guys. Everybody has thier right to thier own views, no matter how wrong, foolish, or odd, they may seem to you. If you don't like them, you don't have to live by them.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Chally2

ORIGINAL: 123Splat
!

Chally,
Just as there are differences between being a citizen and being a subject, there are differences between a 'democracy' and a 'republic'.
Let me offer to you that we, here in the USA, live in a Republic. We are supposedly goverened by 'rule of law' , not 'mob rule'. Odd, how few of us seem to understand that.......

123splat, I hope the above is your full quote to myself, I wouldn't want to intentionally misquote you.

I'm not well informed about how Americans view their political system, a Republic or a Democracy or whether they consider the two to be identical. My friends in the Republic of Ireland consider their Republic to be a Democracy, though I suspect a wider scope of opinion would introduce further variation.

It could be that in time the United Kingdom will become a Republic, none of my comments, however, alluded to the UK, but to England. The former is a political alliance, the latter a country. End of reply to 123splat.

If someone can't be bothered to read what I wrote or try to comprehend it and then supports that failure with nothing more substantial than arrogance then that really isn't my problem.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:59 PM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Technically USA is a republic, however we act as a democracy especially when unitedly fired up enough to force the polititian's hand!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Chally2

ORIGINAL: heavyaslead

Technically USA is a republic, however we act as a democracy especially when unitedly fired up enough to force the polititian's hand!
I look forward to seeing the result of you current election process. Not to mention our next one, of course.

Old 08-25-2008, 02:31 PM
123Splat

Chally2

No offense intended. I was only addressing the USA being a 'democracy'
If I pissed you off, I appologize. But, we in the USA do live in a republic, not a democracy.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Chally2

ORIGINAL: 123Splat

Chally2

No offense intended. I was only addressing the USA being a 'democracy'
If I pissed you off, I appologize. But, we in the USA do live in a republic, not a democracy.
Not at all sir, I found your post very informative, thank you.

I was irritated by someone who failed to read what I wrote and then, in a rather uninformed and arrogant manner, tried to tell me the history of my own country.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:10 AM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: ksoc

The Irish kicked you out for their own rights.
Don't start on that Republican crap the Irish never kicked us out but if you want this argument then we can start with "Who funded the IRA/Sinn fein"