Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Arsenal

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Home Arsenal

Since we are a military minded bunch, I am guessing alot of us have a home arsenal of real weapons, whats in your closet !
    I have a Colt .45 1911, nostalgic and stopping power! Also a Desert Eagle .40 that my wife loves, a very nice weapon. I have thought of using my fugly pantiger as a moving target platform

Paul
    Tamiya Tiger II, Sherman
    HL Panther, Pz III & IV, Tiger I, JagdPanther, KV-1, Stug,Pershing
    Matorro Sturmtiger
    Trump T-34/85

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Home Arsenal

An original WW2 Ithaca 1911 is on my wish list someday! My home defense weapon makes a sound that strikes fear into all intruders, that of a racking slide! 27 pellets of #4 buck will clear out a room nicely. Making sure the batteries are changed every year in your laser equipped pistol ensures that a sleepy, scared, out of practice user won't miss the bad guy either.
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. - Ronald Reagan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Browning BDM...too bad they're out of production.

Don't like lasers; they advertise your position to the intruder. Weapon in both hands...shove it forward like you're trying to push the pistol into the intruder's chest while pulling the trigger and you'll hit him at close range.
    It has been said that politics is the second-oldest profession...it bears a great similarity to the first. -Ronald Reagan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like Swathy's attitude, but have to agree with 'philipat' on tactics,,, for close range. It is hard enough to hit something with a pistol (or revolver) when you are in a fluster, but in the dark it can be nigh impossible at any range beyond face to face (you'ld be susprised guys). A good, smooth, 12 gauge, with an 18" dove bbl and full butt stock, is a great start for home defense. Rather than #4 buck (still a pretty good choice), I prefer #6. More shot, don't have to worry much about co-latteral damage to the neighbors or somebody in the next room. #6 will do enough damage at in-door distances to take out the bad guy. Racking the slide is about as good an idea, in my mind, as turning on the laser or one of those 'tactical lights',, or yelling out "I have a gun!" I don't particularly want the other guy to know where I am, or that I know he is there.

As for my collection,
    I posted pics in an earlier thread that started talking about 'air-softs'. The list includes, anoung lots of others, Colt 1911 Series 70, M-1 Garand, P-08 Luger, M-14A1, AR-15 H2, mAK-47, S&W 25, S&W 29, Taurus m66, Taurus p945, Star MegaStar (13 rd. DA .45 Auto Boat Anchor), Ruger S Blackhawk in .45 Colt, Win '94 Trapper in .45 Colt, 1874 Sharps replica in .45/70 Gov't. and one of my very favorites, a C-96 Mauser in .30 Luger! Are ya druling yet, Swathie? Anybod need to see the pictures again for proof?

Merry Christmas to all and to all a safe, peacefull, and secure, holiday season.
    It\'\'s not the takeoff or the flying, it\'\'s the landing and repairing, so I can takeoff and fly again...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice collection ! I won't aspire to that many, perhaps a Walther PPS for conceal carry. A friend of mine is talking about getting 'the Judge' from Taurus, a pistol shotgun, for home defense.
    Tamiya Tiger II, Sherman
    Matorro Sturmtiger
    Trump T-34/85

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I remember that fine collection of firearms you showed us Splat[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

This is only one of many I use. I call it my Greeter or if someone hasn't paid there bill my leaner, no need to send out lean notice, I just send out my leaner.

Merry Christmas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tr51827.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	153.8 KB 
ID:	1094542  
    HL Panzer III & IV, Persing, Bulldog, Jagdpather, T34/85 upgraded with HL, Tamiya Sherman and King Tiger, Mato Sherman.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Racking the slide audibly should send most of those cowards for the door. I hope that day never comes and pray that I make the right decisions should it.
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. - Ronald Reagan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Amen to that James, remember when seconds count the police are just minutes away! We don't wanna be the guy who brings a baseball bat to a gun fight, be a good boy scout, be prepared. Thats a formidable looking shotgun HD ! I got my wife a 100 box of .40 ammo as part of her xmas gifts, peace on earth....through superior firepower!

Paul
    Tamiya Tiger II, Sherman
    Matorro Sturmtiger
    Trump T-34/85

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ArmChair,
    PPS is a pretty little thing and Walther makes fine weapons, but 9mm Kurtz (9mm Short, or .380 ACP) just don't do it, in my book. My prime cary is the 1911 series 70, with 8rd. mag in the slot and two in the back pocket. I sometimes carry a combat ver (short slide, packmeyer grips, extended slide lock) when it's hot. But, it is your choice and you should carry what you are comfortable with and feal confident with, and NOT what somebody else says is the best for you (forgive the grammar).

Swathy (James),
    Yeah. the sound of a slide being racked should send most of us (with any sense) scurrying for cover, but I still don't care for giving away my position (old habits just don't go away easy, I guess).

HdBeast,
    Yep, that'll get 'er done! A fine lookin' piece.

ArmChair (again),
    "peace on earth....through superior firepower! "
    I LIKE that!

Y'all have a safe and happy one!
    Splat
    It\'\'s not the takeoff or the flying, it\'\'s the landing and repairing, so I can takeoff and fly again...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

*Huoh* (With big envy)

As I read what You have for safety, I can only envy You. As we had two school"incidents" in one year (I don't understate those - they are something that I can't understand or approve) the politicians are concidering to deny all handguns and semi-autos. So it would leave only guns for hunting and sport shooting (like skeeting).

At this moment it seems that new gun-law will not be that strict, but You have to have doctors opinion for qualification to buy a gun (any kind of gun).
    They are going to put the high velocity air-guns under that law too.

So, here in Finland we have to rely on that baseball-bat. Thinking of that, I start to feel like a caveman - as they had only the bats and spears to defend superior enemies (mammoths then and armed robberies now).

Yours,

Rabbit

PS: Happy Christmas for all of You - may it be pleasent and peacefull

*Panzer III 2ps, Panzer IV and Panzer VI - from HL, T34/85 from Torro*

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

123Splat - My main weapon is a Colt 1911 series 70 - stainless with rosewood grips
    Red_rabbit, I originally came from Canada and the criminals there have no trouble getting hand guns and the cops have guns, that leaves just the law abiding citizens defenseless.
    Tamiya Tiger II, Sherman
    Matorro Sturmtiger
    Trump T-34/85

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

100rds? Why that's 1/2 days practice ammo! I used to shoot 200 rounds a week of .40cal for practice. Lots of 3x5 cards fell victim to 165-180gr bullets! [:-]

Save all that brass and next year buy her a reloading machine!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gonna have to go with not racking. I carry with one in the tube and 15 in the mag. As far as I'm concerned, my locked door was the intruder's warning. After that, it's all about hearts and minds - two to the heart and one to the mind. I guess that's where training comes in. That said, if I or the family aren't not home, the intruder is welcome to everything; that's what insurance is for. If we're home, that's different.

100 rds-that's half a day's practice...on one gun! I need to learn to reload.

I can't understand those folks that want to take guns from law-abiding citizens or create "gun-free" areas. All that does is make it easier for the criminals. Look at DC - highest crime rate in the nation with criminals at all levels and absolute gun prohibition.
    It has been said that politics is the second-oldest profession...it bears a great similarity to the first. -Ronald Reagan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You're right, why take the chance. It's best not to give away your position.

Yeah, I used to hurl some lead downrange! My shoulder was just recovering from the week before after putting 50 rounds of .30-06 and 50 rounds of 12 gauge through paper. It took all my will power not to flinch before pulling the trigger in anticipation of the pain that was to follow! Those were the days!

It's easy to understand. Most of the folks who restrict our rights believe in that guy Marx. They do everything in their power to disarm us, make us depend on them, the government for protection and ultimately everything else. Those that don't read the book but still want to take away our gun rights, Communists had their own name for them, "usefull idiots".

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: swathdiver

You're right, why take the chance. It's best not to give away your position.

Yeah, I used to hurl some lead downrange! My shoulder was just recovering from the week before after putting 50 rounds of .30-06 and 50 rounds of 12 gauge through paper. It took all my will power not to flinch before pulling the trigger in anticipation of the pain that was to follow! Those were the days!

It's easy to understand. Most of the folks who restrict our rights believe in that guy Marx. They do everything in their power to disarm us, make us depend on them, the government for protection and ultimately everything else. Those that don't read the book but still want to take away our gun rights, Communists had their own name for them, "usefull idiots".
    Yeah, been there done that (times a bunch!). I feel your pain my son, but rest in comfort of the knowledge that you will be rewarded for your suffering.

100 rd.s of pistol fodder? that don't last an hour. Aimed, controlled, fire doesn't mean slow fire.

They may not really believe in Marx, but they are affraid of thier own shadows and, somehow, believe that if they can get everybody to throw down thier clubs, no one will bludgen them. Nice thoughts, but the only way to be assured that the other guy will throw down his club, is usually to stick a loaded gun in his face. The world would be a nicer place if nobody had, or had the need for, weapons, but it just ain't gonna happen with humans arround (also, it would be a might boring too).

The most convicted (no, not jail time, committed to thier beliefs) 'anti-war' folks that I know are vets and serving professional soldiers and Marines (those who will first feel, or have already felt, the brunt of war. But, they also know the necessity of being prepared for it.
    Edit: Sorry Swathy, I imagine that probablly goes for swabies and Squids too (notice that I capitalized Squids?)

The most adamant anti-gunners I know, and know of, are either scared of guns and have never held one, or seeking the power of public office where they can run our lives for us. Think about it.

End of sermon, my children. We will now sing hymn #.303

Y'all have a great one!
    Splat

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't have my tanks here in FL with me yet but I can at least take some pics of these:

Name:	Ol31333.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	1096375   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yt61469.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	1096376  
    Tamiya Tiger II, Sherman
    Matorro Sturmtiger
    Trump T-34/85

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is my little stash. Hoping I don't have to bury them in the backyard in the next four years!

Top to bottom

Pic 1: Lithgow M1, Lee Enfield SMLE, 1941 Kar-98 w/5 swastikas still on it, 1937 Mosin-Nagant, Japanese type 99? original bringback from WW2 soldier.

Pic2: 12ga. over/under, Mossberg 12ga. pump, 1960 30-30 Winchester my Grandfather bought new, S&W .40 glock knock off, Khar 40, Walther P-22.

Not pictured: DPMS A-4 with removable A2 sight rail in .223 and 30rd. mags.

Name:	Hf97901.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	1121487   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zv66870.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	1121488  
    No arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice collection, have you fired the WWII era weapons?
    Tamiya Tiger II, Sherman
    Matorro Sturmtiger
    Trump T-34/85

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ArmChairGeneral

Nice collection, have you fired the WWII era weapons?
    I have fired all but the Japanese rifle. It has a bad trigger sear and parts of the upper stock, so it may never be fired again. The M1 is great, and the Enfield is the smoothest action I have ever felt.
    No arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Me thinks he makes challenge to my crown! Close, my Oaklahoma neighbor, but no cigar yet.
    Very nice collection of long arms! Looks like you like .40's almost as much as I like .45's. You ever consider broadening your spectrum to revolvers? Wheel guns make nice toys too. I used to have a SMLE No4 Mk 2 (or was it No2 Mk4???) .303 (cut down the stocks to make it look like the Jungle Carbine), but I was stupid enough to let it go........ Sure was a sweet shooter, oh well.... .303 Enfield was the most accurate battle rifle I ever fired, until,,, I got my hands on a M1 Garand, and then on a M-14! Love the M-14. It made me sick when they replaced it with the 'Space-gun' (M-16).

Me thinks me rambles too much....

Best to All, Hope your New Year is turning out to be all you hoped for.
    Splat

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 123Splat

Me thinks he makes challenge to my crown! Close, my Oaklahoma neighbor, but no cigar yet.
    Very nice collection of long arms! Looks like you like .40's almost as much as I like .45's. You ever consider broadening your spectrum to revolvers? Wheel guns make nice toys too. I used to have a SMLE No4 Mk 2 (or was it No2 Mk4???) .303 (cut down the stocks to make it look like the Jungle Carbine), but I was stupid enough to let it go........ Sure was a sweet shooter, oh well.... .303 Enfield was the most accurate battle rifle I ever fired, until,,, I got my hands on a M1 Garand, and then on a M-14! Love the M-14. It made me sick when they replaced it with the 'Space-gun' (M-16).

Me thinks me rambles too much....

Best to All, Hope your New Year is turning out to be all you hoped for.
    Splat
    I should inherit my dad's pair of stainless vaqueros with staghorn grips, I am an only child. He has a few others, new copies of course, that he uses for cowboy single action shooting competitions. I could post a pic of my Uncle's safe, but it would take an entire page to tell you what he has. Atleast 20 handguns hanging on the inside of the door, and about 30 rifles including a new M-14. If something serious happens, I'm headed to his house.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

to name some of mine

Browning BL-22
    Cooey 75
    Remington Sportsman 58 12gu semi auto
    Mossberg Slugster 3" Mag Bolt Action Slug Gun
    Ithaca Featherlite Pump 12g
    1930 Mosin Nagant 91/30 (numbers matching) Tula Arsenal hex receiver 7.62X54R Ex Sniper Rifle
    1945 Mosin Nagant M44 (numbers matching) Ishvek Arsenal Round receiver 7.62X54R
    Ruger SuperBlackHawk .44 Magnum
    Marlin .45-70 lever action

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: NitroAssassin

to name some of mine

Browning BL-22
    Cooey 75
    Remington Sportsman 58 12gu semi auto
    Mossberg Slugster 3" Mag Bolt Action Slug Gun
    Ithaca Featherlite Pump 12g
    1930 Mosin Nagant 91/30 (numbers matching) Tula Arsenal hex receiver 7.62X54R Ex Sniper Rifle
    1945 Mosin Nagant M44 (numbers matching) Ishvek Arsenal Round receiver 7.62X54R
    Ruger SuperBlackHawk .44 Magnum
    Marlin .45-70 lever action
    Is your '45 mosin rough looking? I had a choice between a '37 and '43. The '43 looked like it was made in a real hurry since they were well into the war at that time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: brett65

Is your '45 mosin rough looking? I had a choice between a '37 and '43. The '43 looked like it was made in a real hurry since they were well into the war at that time.
    Hey Brett, actually my M44 is quite nice for being a 1945 model and they both have excellent shiney bores. They needed a little clean up when I got them but now they're great considering they're 79 and 64 years old and being used on the Eastern Front. I do take very good care of them. Here's some photos of them both.. I've kept them in their original condition with the factory shellac.. Some people refinish them but I would never think of it.. [:'(] Keep them authentic! I keep them oiled so they always have that wet look.. This helps preserve the bluing and metal work from rust.

M44

91/30

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yours looks much nicer than the '43 I looked at. The machining on the outside of the breach where the markings are was very rough. It had large grooves, and was not smooth at all. A guy showed me a japanese rifle from very late in the war and the bolt handle was actually square. They were in such a hurry to make them that they didn't finish the machining on the bolt handle.

Pictures of mine are several posts up, my mosin is there along with my others if you didn't see them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast