Community
Search
Notices
Weatronic Support Forum Go here to get help with your Weatronic products.

Futaba 12FG and Weatronic 2,4 dual FHSS problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 03:13 AM
stevebeale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 12FG and Weatronic 2,4 dual FHSS problem

I have just received the so called updated module for my 14mz , But like a lot of others mine does not work, reports no tx modulation
when you look in giga control its flashing no signal / weatronic modulation..
my old module still works apart from the servo twitch.. my 14mz is one of the original units but i have got the same firmwear as the new ones..
I have gone over to a Hitech Aurora,, i think its time to sell of the weatronic stuff sad
Old 12-12-2011, 08:47 AM
cumulunimbus

[/quote]
Hi PÃ¥l,
It is not quite that easy. It is impossible for Weatronic to tell which software version of a typical transmitter is installed. I had two transmitters that appeared the same from the outside. They did not work with the same module. They had even the same software installed yet only one would work with the module. It is obvious that Futaba has their own proprietary systems which may have little safeguards against hacking, which of course one can come up with a lot of reasons for or against it. This is one of the reasons why Weatronic has quite a few problems specifically with the higher end transmitters of Futaba.
The only true solution to this kind of a problem is to provide a unique Weatronic transmitter, which they are currently working on.
I have had my part of frustration coming from this problem as well. Blaming the individuals at Weatronic does nobody any good, because they are doing their best to solve the problem.
More resources would help of course. That is a decision of the owner's of the company. What we can do is to raise constructive criticism - which you did and hope for the best.
Thank you,
Gerhard
[/quote]

Hello again Gerhard,

Thank you for clarifying this. I do not have much knowledge about the different transmitters and the technology in them. It is not my intention blaming someone, it it just caused by my frustration. A big part of this frustration is caused by the total lack of information. Why don't Wea inform about this on their website? Why don't they answer emails? Your post gave me some answer and I appreciate it a lot. It also make me feel sorry for Weatronic. I am sure they do their best. They have to rely on the turnover to survive but they also have to take care for their customer to survive. I really hope they can do this in the future as I really love their receivers.

Regards PÃ¥l
Old 12-16-2011, 02:42 PM
cumulunimbus

Today I got an email from Weatronic. They told me that the new adapter is only working with Futaba transmitters with european region coding. They are still working with the adapter for transmitters with America region coding. It seems that Weatronic got a little surprised by this. The new adapters are sceduled late January. I really hope Wea will stay to this.

PÃ¥l
Old 12-31-2011, 11:53 AM
MAXIAN
My Feedback: (2)

Hello, I received a new module for the mz 14. And right away if I tried gave problems as occurred before with the old form.

The problem of jitter in the middle of the servo is gone, but the movement has been not very fluid in the servo.

Someone knows how to solve this problem?
Old 02-04-2012, 07:54 AM
Pink Avenger

I also have that same problem with my 14mz, the servos also go past their programmed end points and then return to their true end points.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:02 AM
cumulunimbus

I still haven't heard anything from Weatronic about a new FASST adapter for US version transmitters and I don't think they will ever make one either. Sorry to say but the combination Weatronic and Futaba doesn't seem to be good. One year of waiting has resulted in my decision: My Weatronic equipment is SOLD. I will use a Emcotec DPSI in my glider instead.

It will be interesting to follow Weatronic in the future. I am not sure they will survive. After my opinion they have to upgrade their customerservice to keep it going.

PÃ¥l
Old 04-02-2012, 08:41 AM
ktmraupe

ORIGINAL: cumulunimbus

It will be interesting to follow Weatronic in the future. I am not sure they will survive. After my opinion they have to upgrade their customerservice to keep it going.

PÃ¥l
Thats exactly that what I get while a phone call with wea´s sales director. He said that one of their main tasks is to improve their customer service and the service should be the same high level as the rc components are.

But you are right. The future will be interesting and now its time for wea to deliver...

Kind regards
Martin