Community
Search
Notices
Weatronic Support Forum Go here to get help with your Weatronic products.

Weatronics Webshop

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 02:01 AM
Stevewiz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weatronics Webshop

Hello everybody,

I have been using Weatronic equipment for a couple of years now. I am so impressed with the equipment I have sold all of my 'other' gear and now use Weatronic exclusively.

It perform faultlessly, is bullet proof, and keeps me informed of the the things that matter in flight.

However, I am not impressed with the customer services they provide.

I ordered some equipment from the Weatronics web shop on 30th April and it was logged as despatched on the 17th May. I have heard nothing from them since.

That was 1 month ago!

I have sent countless emails, no reply. I have made many phone calls to all the numbers on the web site and have not managed to get an answer. A voice mail for the Management logs your calling number and message but still I have not had a communication of any kind.

Has anybody out there had similar experiences?

Have you a contact number that actually works?

I would appreciate any help, if I have lost the goods or money involved then that is life, but, I would like to know!

If this delay is indicative of the staff being so busy because the equipment is selling like crazy, then good luck to them.

This does also meant that they need to re-think their Customer Services.

Stevewiz

Old 06-17-2011, 11:24 AM
mboland

Default RE: Weatronics Webshop

My experience with the German customer service has been the same, but the Customer Service from the US distributor has been first classs.
Very responsive and helpful.

I did the same as you, in frustration I posted to the forum and was helped out and sorted out by the US guys.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:52 AM
Terrorised by calls

Hi there,

Since a couple of weeks I recieve 5 calls every day looking for "weatronics".
All clients are asking for their missing delivery... they are waiting for weeks and are really
desperate and nervous.

I am a private person living in the UK and I have not the slightest idea
about weatronics.

I do not only feel terrorised by those
permanent calls but have to warn everybody that this company is obviously a fraudulent company.

I will change my mobile number now...

Susann

Old 11-14-2011, 10:58 PM
karenheli

Try on another brand, You will enjoy responsive and wonderful service at once. You can seach WFLY Product in UK.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:20 AM
Stevewiz

Hi and thanks for the suggestion to contact the USA team they helped resolve the issue in short order.

It appears that Weatronics had sent the goods to me twice but on both occassions they had been returned to Gemany as undeliverable.

It appeared that my address was invalid. The format the address is stored on the member information panel in th Weatronic web shop is for some reason incompatible
with Uk postal services.

Changing the format to an acceptable format soon resolved the issue and the goods arrive in no time.

Well done Weatronics, you were very persistant!

(However if you answered emails then this situation may have been avoided all together.)

Thanks again Gerhard on the USA for your assistance.

The GPS unit works well and the only problems remaining are why it will not dispaly in mph and feet rather than kph and metres even after selecting the settings in the control software;

also the altitude does not vary from the take off point, all other values change, distance, speed etc. But, the height stubbonly refuses to vary despite the model having been to very high
levels above the field.

Any ideas out there?

Stevewiz

Old 11-16-2011, 06:46 AM
Chessiegolf

I have a couple of gps modules and they act similarly, giving poor height information. It may be that, as with a satnav in a car, height is more difficult to measure by gps means. I guess it would need at least three well spaced (low down) satellites to measure elevation, whereas distance and speed can be more easily determined.
I think the answer is to go for Weatonic's link vario unit and get the pitot and static information recorded, this will give airspeed (not ground speed) and height.
Having been bitten by the bug of this 2-way communication, that's the route I'll be taking. The trouble is I think the speech is still only in German.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:27 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Although you can select ft and mph in the drop down boxes in the gps telemetry control screen, it has no effect on the numbers shown in navview, these are fixed in m and km/h. If I really need to see them in ft and mph I save file as csv then open in excel and run the conversion there.

You should be seeing the height vary in the flight. It is not accurate, but it does vary and gives a fair indication of heights. It suffers from 4 problems.
Firstly GPS is poor at height measurement simply due to the triangulating satellites all being above, if it could only see some below the horizon it would work much better.
Secondly, height above what? The planet is not a perfect sphere even after smoothing out all the hills and valleys, if it was covered in smooth water it is still not a sphere so GPS has to do lots of clever things to try and account just for that.
Thirdly is the quality of the weatronic unit, it is a hobby consumer device at low price for a non-critical function, you could get better with greater accuracy but price would rise.
Fourthly and probably related to reason 3 is a time delay in measuring height with this unit, so that rapid changes take time to catch up and rapid fluctuations like a loop can be over before the unit can catch up, so the loops on google earth look like triangles not circles, and my jet regularly lands 15ft above the runway then as the unit refines its calculations it slowly sinks down to the runway during the taxi back in.

So if you need truly accurate height, you need the vario.

The GPS also suffers from errors in the 2D field, claiming that the model suddenly slows down to walking pace for 2 seconds, then in an instant accelerates to huge speed for a couple of seconds, this happens as it loses track for some reason, almost goes into last position hold, then reacquires where it is and jumps the gap in an instant. So take the speeds and heights with a pinch of salt, they are an indication but not reliable and you need to filter out the silly jumps.
The one installation I have seen of the vario air speed indicator on a jet is just as bad, position error made it just as unreliable. It should be noted that you can not get accurate airspeed just by sticking a pitot tube out into the airflow. The full size folks have to put a lot of design and then test flying into getting them to work and calibrating them, and still have position error adjustment cards in the cockpit and pilots operating handbook. The airflows around the aircraft have a significant effect on the speed of the flow at any one point, and this alters as angle of attack varies, the plane yaws, sideslips and so on. It's much more complex than modellers allow for!
Old 12-16-2011, 04:57 AM
chuckstarck
My Feedback: (1)

I have a question about the 2.4 micro receivers by Weatronic. If I purchase a system in the USA, will it work in Europe. The better question would be, 1. are all the 2.4 micro receivers the same (not counting channels and gyro), and 2. what determines the channels used, i.e. Europe hops less channels than in USA. Is this the transmitter module determining this or is a 'both' rx and tx issue. If I move to Europe, will I have to replace my receivers or just the transmitter module? Then if I purchase in Europe, what conversions do I have to make to fly in USA?
Old 12-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Pelle Gris

As far as I know the equipment is the same all over the world, except France where less channels "for hopping" is allowed. Both settings are available though, as you can limit the channels used in the software.