Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Weatronic 12-22R and A123 Batteries

I went to fly my new Jet using a Weatronic 12-22 receiver and 2 A123 3 cell batteries and after I charged the batteries to 100 % I turned the receiver and got a battery warning. I have the test voltage drop level set at the factory setting of .5 volts. I have been setting the plane up with the batteries charged to 60% and never got the warning. I know after you charge these batteries the drop is larger than normal for a short time, What are you guys using for a voltage setting?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Weatronic 12-22R and A123 Batteries

You can set it according to your needs. You can play with it and see if it changes over time. The idea is to detect if the batteries raise their inner resistance and with that the voltage drop. Usually it is a single cell that dies off first causing the drop. I don't have much experience with the A123 batteries, so I can't tell. There is a different thread here that has more answers to this theme. Thanks,
    Gerhard

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Weatronic 12-22R and A123 Batteries

Gerhard, thanks. I was talking to our Battery expert here at work about the A123 batteries and he said that if a cell is going bad it will show up as a large voltage drop of more than 1.0 volts on a 3 cell battery. I should not be concerned about a cell discharging a little more that the others. We concluded that a .6 volt drop on a fresh charged pack is OK so I will set the voltage to .65 volts and see how this works. Any word on parts coming out of Weatronic?