Community
Search
Notices
Weatronic Support Forum Go here to get help with your Weatronic products.

FATAL CONTACT/CABEL FAULT

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 09:15 PM
spitfire mk.xiv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FATAL CONTACT/CABEL FAULT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpzSS...1&feature=plcp

There has been several issus about this cabel/contactfault now, will weatronic do something about it?
Untill the fault is fixed, I will go for some other radiosystem!
Old 05-12-2012, 08:26 AM
tms-ger

Default RE: FATAL CONTACT/CABEL FAULT

Hi John,

we never had this problem for over two years now using DV3/DV4 on our two mx22 TX. But I must admit, that I would never do something like you did to the patch cable. If you do something like that with a network cable connection (RJ45/RJxx) you would also lost the connection. I am not sure if this cable would even withstand such a torture even if it soldered to the PCB...

Simply replace the patch cable with a new one, plug it firmly in at both ends (secured by that little hooks) and maybe secure it mechanically by binding it to the antenna socket holding the TX-module. I used a small velcro stripe for this. Works perfectly and looks OK.

It is definatley not ok to remove the module every time from your TX when transporting the TX in its transport case; just for the case you are doing this...  THIS problem is known at Weatronic but they said at ProWing, that it is not planed to alter the connectors...

best wishes

Thomas

Old 05-13-2012, 11:53 AM
sjaa

Hi John,

Just to be safe i brougt my cable to a TV repair shop to have the conductors soldered to the V-blades of the connector.
I have also secured the cable similar to what Thomas describes.

No problems here.

Regards,
Jo
Old 10-16-2012, 04:00 AM
Kjell Aa

ORIGINAL: tms-ger

Hi John,

we never had this problem for over two years now using DV3/DV4 on our two mx22 TX. But I must admit, that I would never do something like you did to the patch cable. If you do something like that with a network cable connection (RJ45/RJxx) you would also lost the connection. I am not sure if this cable would even withstand such a torture even if it soldered to the PCB...

Simply replace the patch cable with a new one, plug it firmly in at both ends (secured by that little hooks) and maybe secure it mechanically by binding it to the antenna socket holding the TX-module. I used a small velcro stripe for this. Works perfectly and looks OK.

It is definatley not ok to remove the module every time from your TX when transporting the TX in its transport case; just for the case you are doing this... THIS problem is known at Weatronic but they said at ProWing, that it is not planed to alter the connectors...

best wishes

Thomas

What do you mean by " would never do something like you did to the patch cable" ?
Looks to me like he's just moving the (rather flimsy)cable back and forth a bit.

The cable is a thin, three strand flat PCI-cable and is flopping about on the rear of the TX.

Weatronic really ought to come up with a sturdier solution here.

Kjell Aa
Old 10-17-2012, 02:13 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

My cable failed after a couple of years even though it was never moved, it's a very bad design fault.