Community
Search
Notices
Weatronic Support Forum Go here to get help with your Weatronic products.

Help with Futaba 12Z &Wea combo

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 08:22 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Help with Futaba 12Z &Wea combo

Posted this in the Jet forum as well but, thought someone might see it here and be able to help as well.

Update on my Futaba 12Z transmitter with Weatronic module saga:

After being unsuccessful.as previously mentioned, with the the Weatronic T-14USA adapter and my Futaba 12Z, I decided to try the Weatronic T-12 adapter. I knew that I would have to change the transmitter's region code from USA to get it to recognise the module. What surprized me, is that although I had expected to change it to 03 (Europe), I infact had to change it to 01(Japan) to get the transmitter to see the module.

Unfortunately, I have the same issue with the T-12 as I had with the T-14. The servo's are being randomly commanded to jump and twitch.

My firmware in both DV-4 and Micro 12 receiver is updated to v2.62 and 2.59 respectively. V2.59 is supposed to "cure" servo twitch with Futaba.

I cannot explain the fact that I tried my WEA T-14 USA adapter in a friends MZ-14 and it worked perfectly! The 12z and 14mz (as well as the 12FG) all share the same Futaba module so, I'm really at a loss as to what's going on.

Is there anyone out there who is successfully running a 12z on Weatronic with any Wea FASST adapter? ie. not the old one that uses PPM protocol. If so, I really like to hear from you to discuss your setup.

Wea has offered to program an adapter for my transmitter if I send it to them but, the cost is prohibitive, as sending a transmitter from Canada to Germany is about $200+.

TIA

Mike