Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Weatronics many problems

I have a new WEatronics 10-20R. First and most important, it does NOT work with Futaba PCM G-3. This now causes the lose of several usable channels. I have gone from a 14 channel TX down to a 9 channel TX. I might as well still be using a 9CAP. Second, the RX will not save the settings from the servo setup page. All it will do give a transfer "error". Third. it will not work with Windows Vista operating system. I am very disappointed with this RX. Wish I would have never purchased it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Weatronics many problems

Hi bdmodels,
    Sorry that you got off on the wrong foot. If you go to the website, you will see that it clearly says PCM 1024. With that the G3 mode is not an option and with Futaba there are 8 proportional and one switch channel available. You have bought a dual synthesized receiver with an integrated power module and 6 regulators that two are used to control the receivers and the other 4 are used for the servos which you can program all the 20 servo outlets the way you need them.
    This often enables you to reduce the amount of needed channels. In addition you can use the sequencing and substitute more channels. You also have programming abilities with your transmitter that you don't have with some of the other transmitters.
    The programming should actually work with Windows Vista. We had made that adaptation on the last software upgrade. The transfer error comes from not having the correct com port connected at the top of the program window. When you are connected and you get the error at the right bottom of the field, try the different ports available under the drop down. If that does not work, then you might have to do an install of the USB-port for the Weatronic unit.
    Usually Windows will detect the new software when you connect the computer to the receiver. It will prompt you for either the CD or alternate path to look up the place where the USB-driver is located on your hard drive. If you have an automatic install, you will find the files in the following place on your hard drive: C:\Program Files\Weatronic\Dual Receiver Tools\USB_Driver . Use this for the recognition and installation and it should do the installation and you should be able to read or transfer the programs from and to the dual receiver.
    If you have any further problems, please don't hesitate to email me directly or go through this forum. I will answer you as soon s possible.

Thanks,

Gerhard

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guys...........On my elevator when I move the surfaces they seem to move in a juddery way, not nice and smooth???....I am using a weatronics reciever and JR 8711 digital servos. and a futaba 9Cap radio..I was wondering if this is because of the servos or is it the geomatery of the all flying tail plane linkages ect????...do you experiance juddery movement up and down when you deflect surfaces??..My ailerons seem to move nice and smooth but I have Hitec Digitals in those and they seem fine....I used These JR 8711 in my old F15 and cant recall this juddery movement???...just a bit worried that on the maiden it will be twitching all over the place with the juddery movement....Any help would be appreciated..

Kind regards

Derek

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bdmodels

I have a new WEatronics 10-20R. First and most important, it does NOT work with Futaba PCM G-3. This now causes the lose of several usable channels. I have gone from a 14 channel TX down to a 9 channel TX. I might as well still be using a 9CAP. Second, the RX will not save the settings from the servo setup page. All it will do give a transfer "error". Third. it will not work with Windows Vista operating system. I am very disappointed with this RX. Wish I would have never purchased it.
    You can get up to 10 channels with PCM 1024. 8 are proportional and two (2) are digital. With the weatronics, you can control the end point of the digital, so its better than using an futaba receiver.
    Edgar Perez
    Puerto Rico

Derek,
    I see the same juddery movement on the rudder (very long servo cable) of my Eurosport, but it is only when the transmitter is really close to the plane ?
    If it's interference from the transmitter directly to the servo, or thru the Weatronic, I don't (yet) know. When I get further away from the plane, the juddery movement dissapears...
    Carsten Groen

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Regarding the jitter... did you manually adjust the frequency or use the scan flag to set it?
    Sverrir G. - Icelandic Volcano Yeti