Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Weatronic and Futaba MPDX

Guys,

Wondering if anybody has used this combination with success?

I have this setup, since I'm running in PCM 1024. It does not work correctly. I have measured the pulse width of each MPDX channels and its all over the place! Tried with two different MPDX, so I guess weatronics does not pass the transmitted signal intact.

When I use a futaba receiver, it does work.
    Edgar Perez
    Puerto Rico

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Weatronic and Futaba MPDX

Hi Edgar,
    we do not understand exactly what your problem is. Can you explain more precisely and give us an email under info@weatronic.com.
    Best regards

weatronic GmbH
    Managing Director
    Rolf Alexander Westphal
    Seidenstr. 57
    D-70174 Stuttgart
    www.weatronic.com

Tel: +49/711/253 9274
    Fax: +49/711/870 30 994

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dear Rolf.

Tried to send you an email. However it seems your inbox is full. Please see description of the problem below:

MPDX (http://www.futaba-rc.com/radioaccys/futm4158.html) is a decoder that connects to a futaba PPM, PCM or G3 receiver. It will take a single proportional channel from the receiver and "split it" into eight individual proportional channels. In order to use it, the transmitter must have the special software and be configured to use the =
    MPDX. I currently uses a Futaba 12FG. I have two of those devices and can confirm they work fine with a standard Futaba receiver.

The problem that I have is that I wanted to use that device with my Weatronic. The Weatronic is setup in the Futaba PCM protocol. However when I connect the MPDX to one of the Weatronics channels, the MPDX does not work properly. Specifically, measuring the pulse width of each of the MPDX output I do not get the standard pulse width values (~900-2100). Note that with a standard futaba receiver, each MPDX output provides a signal to a servo in the same range as the standard pulse widths. This does not work with the Weatronic. It seems like the Weatronic changes the original signal from the Tx in such a way that confuses the MPDX. (My Weatronic socket is setup as a "Analogue" output, not "Digital". Have not tried with the setup as a "Digital" output)

Thanks
    Edgar Perez
    Puerto Rico

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Edgar,
    100% sometimes is not 100 %. Choose in the weatronic RXctrl software servo configuration: - 118 % till -120 %, then "MPDX-1 Multi" works.

weatronic GmbH
    Managing Director
    Rolf Alexander Westphal
    Seidenstr. 57
    D-70174 Stuttgart
    www.weatronic.com
    info@weatronic.com
    Tel: +49/711/253 9274
    Fax: +49/711/870 30 994

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Rolf,

Ok, will try it this coming weekend.

I understand to go to the RXctrl software and 'configure' the servo socket output with the straight, 45 degree line, but making sure the line extend to the max travel of 120%, right?

Thanks,
    Edgar Perez
    Puerto Rico

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Now I need to use the MPDX with a 2.4 Micro 12 channel RX. Tried adjusting the MPDX channel values int the Weatronics software, but it did not work (the values given in the above posts worked fine for the 72 MHZ version(

Ideas?
    Edgar Perez
    Puerto Rico