Community
Search
Notices
Weatronic Support Forum Go here to get help with your Weatronic products.

Servo travel v/s Tx don't match

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 05:43 PM
aeroparts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo travel v/s Tx don't match

I have a problem.
I use MPX with my Weatronic and everything is setup according to the manual the usual way for a 2.6m.
The problem is that on aileron and elevator and rudder I get the servos to move full 100%
on the Tx in one way, but in the other way the servos stop at 73-74% on the TX the rest 26-27% there is no movement.
I can of course get the servo to move all the way I want just by move the weatronic endpoint, but I still have a deadband of the last 26-27 % on the stick in full up elevator, full left rudder, and full left aileron.
If I take the Tx with the same model memory and put a ordinary Rx to it I get the servos to follow the stick to 100%.
It seems that the weatronic not responds to the last 26-27% from the Tx in one way
There is no problem with throttle.

I don’t know whats wrong??

// Lennart
Old 03-24-2009, 03:57 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Servo travel v/s Tx don't match

Lennart, in the servo type screen on the Multiplex are you using mpx or other/uni setting? Are you using 12 channel mode? Mpx servo setting or 12 channel mode will increase the length of the data signal up by 0.1 milliseconds, which is possibly making it too long at one end of travel (it becomes 2.15ms at the long end), while still being within limits, 1.05ms at the short end. That may be why you get ok travel one way but not the other.
if you are using mpx servo type, change it to other/uni type. If you are using 12 channel mode, go to the servo centre setting and change it from 0% to minus 9%, that will bring it back to a centre of 1.5ms instead of the 1.6ms used by mpx/12 channel mode. Then try again and let us know if that solves the problem. Do use the servo centre parameter, not the middle point in a multi point curve. The centre parameter will pull the whole travel curve back with it, whereas moving the middle point in a curve will leave the end points where they are.
Harry
Old 03-24-2009, 11:06 AM
gerhardp

Hi Lennart,
HarryC is right with his response. What are the settings in your transmitter? They have to correspond to the settings in the receiver. (PPM12)

Gerhard
Old 03-24-2009, 02:17 PM
aeroparts

Thanks for the help. Harry and Gerhard
I solve the problem. After a short night sleep[sm=bananahead.gif]
Today it was sooo easy, yesterday night was everything very difficult for a while.
What have I done, well I didn’t downloaded the old settings from the receiver
when I started, why I don’t know but I downloaded a wrong backup file with the settings
MPX/PPM instead of UNI/ PPM and started from there with the new settings and didn’t notice any problems until I come to the end points moving the stick. Thats why the 73% one way.
I didn’t noticed the deadband before because the MPX has this wonderful calibration system that you can with a simple button press simulate the max stick travel etc, and then its easy to change end points in the weatronic without having to hold the Tx stick.
BUT now I have to charge the Tx battery so I can continue the with the settings.
// Lennart
Sorry for the spelling.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:51 PM
sjaa

Sorry for Hijacking your thread aeroparts.

I am experiencing similar problems with my Graupner MX-22.

What is the correct mode to set for the Weatronic rx to use with my transmitter?

Best regards,
Jo
Old 03-08-2010, 07:46 PM
gerhardp

Hi Jo,
What system are you referring to? 35MHz with Weatronic 12-20R receivers or are you referring to 2.4GHz 12-22 R receivers.

Gerhard
Old 03-09-2010, 01:39 PM
sjaa

Hi Gerhard.
Sorry for lack of details.

I am referring to an upgraded 10-20R Gyro+GPS 35mhz.

Regards,
Jo
Old 03-09-2010, 02:45 PM
gerhardp

Hi Jo,
You have to make a decision on which system you want to use. PPM or PCM. [link=http://www.aerodesign.de/peter/2000/PCM/PCM_PPM_eng.html]Here[/link] is a link that explains the difference.
Then you have to make sure that your settings match from transmitter to receiver. SPCM to SPCM (JR-Graupner), PCM 1024 to PCM 1024 (Futaba) etc.
This should provide good transmission with the centers being where you expect them.
Hope this makes sense.

Gerhard
Old 03-10-2010, 02:28 AM
sjaa

Thanks Gerhard..

The PCM modulation is out of the question as the MX-22 (equal to MC-22 software) only has 12 ch in the PPM24 modulation.
The question really is which of the modulation options in the Weatronic unit that best matches the Graupner PPM24 modulation.

I´ll be able to set it up, but it would be very nice to know where to start.

Best regards,
Jo
Old 03-10-2010, 03:25 PM
gerhardp

Hi Jo,
I have no experience with the MX-22 and would suggest to start with PPM12, check where your neutral positions are and next go to PPM UNI choice. Last option would be the MPX, but I have doubts that it will work.
Thanks,
Gerhard
Old 03-11-2010, 12:48 AM
sjaa

Thank you Gerhard.

I have done that, and it seems there is a slight change of neutral both in PPM12 and MPX UNI.
Servos follow stick movement all the way, and the neutral change is no big problem.

Regards,
Jo