Community
Search
Notices
Weatronic Support Forum Go here to get help with your Weatronic products.

current measurement

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 07:45 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default current measurement

I have a 12-20R which I have been flight testing in a plain model before I put it into an expensive model. The model has five JR standard size analogue servos. The table of values in the log file shows current drawn as 0.0amps, very occasionally for 1 second it records 0.1 amps. This seems low, is it okay or is it mis-recording. I presume 0.0amps means less than 50mA and 0.1amps means 50 to 149mA? Is the current log the total current from the battery into the rx, or just the current drawn by the servos?

When I look at the graph of current using the Y axis set to values in that entire file, the peak value in the axis is sometimes 6 amps, sometimes 8 amps, and the current spikes go about 3/4 of the way there, indicating it is drawing currents far higher than 0.1amps, and far higher than I would expect for 5 plain servos with a gentle workload. I used the + button to zoom in and saw the graph is composed of a series of triangular current draws up from zero, with mostly gaps between them. What is the graph showing, since its amp values do not coincide with the table of current drawn, and why at 1millisecond on the x axis is it showing a series of little draws with mostly nothing, when I would expect current to be drawn all the time?

Is there anything useful to be got from the RSSI values or are they just for curiosity value?

thanks

Harry
Old 03-11-2009, 10:15 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: current measurement

Is this forum no longer being supported by the manufacturer?
H