Community
Search
Notices
Weatronic Support Forum Go here to get help with your Weatronic products.

Software Update Version V 2.30

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 12:09 PM
stevebeale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Software Update Version V 2.30

Gerhard
Have you herd anything yet about the Futaba PCM problem i have spoke about in the previous posts.
I have email Alwin twice @ weatronic Germany over the past week about the problem, but no answer.
An answer would be good, i mean how long does it take to check something out with this type of problem. (i would like to know if the problem is Wt or something i have done)
I have had to go back to my 35mhz for now as i need 9 channels on a set up
Feeling let down
SB
Old 07-15-2010, 01:55 AM
gerhardp

Hi Steve,
I have finally been able to get to it and update the software to the new 2.30 version.
I have an old 7 channel Futaba transmitter and set it to PCM 1024. Channel 5 is a switch channel in my transmitter and so I can only check the limits.
I turned everything on and did no changes to programming. The GigaControl software recognizes the PCM 1024.
The 8 Channel receiver did the same as you described and responds to the channel 5 with a limited servo movement. The signal at the bottom of the page only varies from 0 to +48%. The servo of course responds accordingly.
I can correct the servo travel, but that is not right. The first two pictures show servo 4 and 5 both linked to channel 5. Servo 4 in not corrected for travel and servo 5 is corrected for travel. The signal only moves to the right.
I also have a receiver here that does not at all respond to servo outlet no 8 either. I am just wondering weather you have the same problem. outlet 8 does not at all react in either PPM or PCM-mode. The servo is fine as it works in any other outlet.
Picture 3 and 4 show the corrected curve in MIN and MAX.
I will be sending Weatronic Germany the log-file for this as well.
Good catch and yes you did find a bug. I think it is the signal conditioning in the transmitter module firmware that has the limit parameters set to the wrong values.
I am confident that they will change that soon.
Thanks again and I don't think that you are being let down. I guess it sometimes takes longer than one would hope for.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86992.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1468088   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af88298.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1468089   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ju13798.jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	1468090   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uw43826.jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1468091  
Old 07-15-2010, 05:27 AM
stevebeale

ORIGINAL: gerhardp

Hi Steve,
I have finally been able to get to it and update the software to the new 2.30 version.
I have an old 7 channel Futaba transmitter and set it to PCM 1024. Channel 5 is a switch channel in my transmitter and so I can only check the limits.
I turned everything on and did no changes to programming. The Giga Control software recognizes the PCM 1024.
The 8 Channel receiver did the same as you described and responds to the channel 5 with a limited servo movement. The signal at the bottom of the page only varies from 0 to +48%. The servo of course responds accordingly.
I can correct the servo travel, but that is not right. The first two pictures show servo 4 and 5 both linked to channel 5. Servo 4 in not corrected for travel and servo 5 is corrected for travel. The signal only moves to the right.
I also have a receiver here that does not at all respond to servo outlet no 8 either. I am just wondering weather you have the same problem. outlet 8 does not at all react in either PPM or
Gerhard
Thanks for your help at least i know its not me, my channel 8 works fine its just channel 5 that shows the problem (switched or on stick) , i have tried re flashing The TX module but made no difference.so as you say it is possible it is a Firmware issue.
did you find the other strange fault, ?
TX only on the 9chanel on the FF9 it is switched although that channel works fine each time the switch is activated you get a very low level error peep . . - one way and . the other.
No red led comes on and the volume setting does not effect it, plus i cant see anything on the log
Thanks for your support

Old 07-15-2010, 10:38 AM
gerhardp

Hi Steve,
I do not have a 9-channel Futaba, so I can not try to emulate that error. I am sure Germany will look at this post and see it. I will have to do some more testing this coming weekend and see if I can find any other issues. So far everything else works fine.
Thanks for your patience,
Gerhard
Old 07-15-2010, 10:57 AM
stevebeale

Gerhard

No problem
i also have not found any real problems in PPM ,,
Ill be patient, now i know its not me LOL, and i do have my 35mhz ill have to use for the moment,

is there any news on the 6 channel receivers yet as wt dont keep the UK side of there site up to date

Steve
Old 11-15-2010, 07:43 PM
gerhardp

Hi Steve,
I entered the channel 5 problem again into the weatronic system. Hoping to see if they come up with an answer. They are also working on a MZ-14 problem for some US systems. Maybe they can solve them together.
Thanks for hanging in there,
Gerhard
Old 11-15-2010, 07:50 PM
stevebeale

ORIGINAL: gerhardp

Hi Steve,
I entered the channel 5 problem again into the weatronic system. Hoping to see if they come up with an answer. They are also working on a MZ-14 problem for some US systems. Maybe they can solve them together.
Thanks for hanging in there,
Gerhard
what is the MZ 14 Problem

steve