RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Weatronic Support Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/weatronic-support-forum-482/)
-   -   Weatronic Transmitter (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/weatronic-support-forum-482/10755766-weatronic-transmitter.html)

Chessiegolf 10-09-2011 12:36 AM

Weatronic Transmitter

Has anyone heard what the development status is with the Weatronic transmitter? A year or so ago I understood Weatronic where asking customers what features they would like included in a dedicated transmitter.
Its not that I'm in the market for one just yet (I hope not anyway) but with the almost universal switch by manufacturers to 2.4, finding a replacement transmitter that will accept an RF module is likely to become increasingly difficult. Those of us who have replaced all their receivers with Weatronic are effectively tied now to whatever transmitter they come up with. Lets hope its feature rich and available before my current transmitter fails!

Carsten Groen 10-09-2011 12:55 AM

RE: Weatronic Transmitter

I talked with one from Weatronic at JetPower, and asked the same question
His answer was that a prototype should show up sometime during march next year, and hopefully production end of 2012. The first one to be available should be the "mid range" of their transmitters.
Only problem I see with this, is their total lack of support to their customers, dare to think how that will be when they launch something as complex as a new transmitter....

Chessiegolf 10-09-2011 10:34 PM

Well that sounds like they are still going ahead with a transmitter.
On one of the few occasions when I've managed to get a telephone call answered (but never e-mail) Konrad stated that they are aware of their need to improve their customer support service. He said they were taking on staff specifically to allow queries to be answered, but I don't know if that has transpired yet, I've had no need to call since my last purchase in July.
My wish would be that they keep the website updated, in English as well as German, and post developments in the 'news' section. That way customers could understand that the company is alive and well and staying ahead of the competion. They have such fantastic products, sales of which must be held back by their unwillingness to communicate.
To give them some marketing credit though, I had a new 12-22R receiver showing intermittent faults, I managed to contact Weatronic and they dispatched a replacement the same day. Of course they asked for the original unit to be returned, but they didn't hesitate - trust like that I found refreshing.

Carsten Groen 10-09-2011 10:48 PM

Yes, lets hope so, but they have promised that for quite some time now, and I have a bunch of emails with them, still unanswered. I even reported a problem here with Graupner MP80T servos (brushless), Konrad reported here that they would look at it and that Alwin was aware of the problem, and when I confronted Alwin at JetPower with the problem, he had never heard of it, and they were not working on anything like that. That was when I turned around, and left their booth at JP ;)
Funny about the 12-22, I have had two defect units now, both showed approx 30 db lower signal on RX1, no problems on the antennas etc, looked like at bad RF frontend, on both occasions they swapped the receivers (one of them I brought to JP this year, I asked Alwin if they had seen this error before, he answered "only maybe 1 or 2 times", so I guess I had all the defect units ;))

So, I'm still kinda hoping, but I find it more and more diffcult to keep my hopes up [&o]

Chessiegolf 10-10-2011 06:21 AM

Carsten,
Your problem with the receivers is interesting. When I experienced a problem I was asked to send the logfile and was subsequently told that there was a fault 'with one channel'. I didn't query the reply as my knowledge of radio is not great, however the replacement receiver seems to be working fine so I suppose as with all equipment no matter how exhaustive the testing is, something may fail shortly after manufacture - isn't it called infant mortality - if it gets through the first few hours then the chances are it will keep working into old age!
I've got 1 transmitter module, 3 micro receivers, 1 20-22, and 2 gps modules and this is the first failure I've experienced, so am not disapponted given the level of complexity that must exist in such small packages.
All in all I'm well satisfied with Weatronic products - just wish they would improve their availablity to talk to customers.

Carsten Groen 10-10-2011 06:29 AM

Yep,
I don't see it as too serious with the errors on the receivers, although I have a feeling that there is no complete test of the receivers after production, as errors as the two I have seen aren't likely to surface "just before" I get the receivers in my hands (been doing embedded hw&sw development for 29 years until now). Anyway, I can live with that
But I can't live with the lack of customer support, and the promises they make about making it better, we have heard the same story for more than a year now!
I currently have 6 jets flying with weatronic equipment and a couple of propplanes, so it is quite a good amount of money I have tied up in this [&o]
A funny thing, one of my friends here have had very bad results with Weatronic equipment (crashed a turbine heli), he was told that the TX adapter for the 14MZ is not sold anymore because of problems, and we have to wait for the new "digital" adapter for the 14MZ, I wonder what thats suppose to mean ? (I use a 14MZ myself)

Chessiegolf 10-10-2011 07:25 AM

According to the website, the new DV4 and DV4 Bluetooth transmitter modules are named as suitable for the 14MZ. I don't know what that infers about the earlier generation modules.

Carsten Groen 10-10-2011 07:37 AM

It was the adapter for the 14MZ (the one that plugs into the back of the 14MZ), I don't see that anymore on the web (shop)

Turk1 08-05-2012 02:49 AM

Weatronic now is a Turkish group company(Koc Group).They are on manufacturing a Weatronic transmitter to market soon.

Pelle Gris 08-06-2012 06:39 PM

Turk1: From where do you have this information? I can´t find anything regarding this on their website.

HarryC 08-07-2012 12:34 AM

Tinus, Weatronic announced it about a year ago. It was the front page of their website back then, which translated by Google said -

The merger is perfect!

weatronic fineworx and will go from now on common routes.

Both companies are working on now under the umbrella of the ASC group together.
The firm fineworx deals mainly with the development of RC models in the model airplane can, and especially in the sports field to a wide
Wealth of experience to fall back.
With this cooperation, new structures and opportunities arise in our Companies. We are proud to offer our customers now, with the technical safety Advantage of ensuring Weatronic products and developing new products can guarantee. The passion for innovation and the desire for perfection obtained in this cooperation a stable support.

Weatronic and fineworx - together into a new era of remote control technology.

Alwin became CEO of Weatronic on 15 Aug 2011, on 15 September he sold it to KOC which has something to do with fineworx. Fineworx is a Turkish company that makes model gliders.

Weatronic has been promising its own tx for a few years. In 2010 they said they would have 3 Tx in 2011. The latest promise from them made on a German model forum is that they will show their one new Tx at the jet power show in a couple of months.

Harry

Pelle Gris 08-07-2012 07:22 AM

Harry.

I had seen the announcement a long time ago, but I was not able to find any info on the Fineworx company. Thanks for clarifying this.

I have also heard that Wea plans on presenting their TX at this years Jet Power, but I´m not holding my breath. I have learned that the deadlines are never to be trusted...:-)
But I have been very satisfied with my Wea gear, and everytime I have bought some products the response has been prompt, and in the few instances where I have had a question, the responce has been quick too. I know that others have had major difficulties in this regard, but for some reason I seem to have been lucky.

Chessiegolf 08-29-2012 06:16 AM

For those of us who have not completely given up hope with Weatronic, I've just spoken to them regarding another query (and the phone was answered straight away!) however the interesting thing from the conversation is that the new Weatronic transmitter will be presented at the Jetpower Exhibition in Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler, Germany 14-16 September. The first transmitter will be a handheld type (not tray mounted) and is scheduled to be for sale early 2013.

stevebeale 08-29-2012 09:59 AM

Hi
i have just received my 14mz module back from Jens at Wea, the story so far..:
i brought a 14mz module when they just reappeared back on the site after they reissued them to work with the 14 Mz 2.4 update.
the one i got did not work, after trying to get something done after months i gave up, Then some one posted Jens email on the forum, so i thought
i would give it a go, the next thing i know i have a email asking me to send the module back. so i did ,, i just
received a new one this week. fitted back in all seems to work.. the 14mz now runs in the 2.4gig mode . in giga it shows up as connected
in the weatronic modulation not futaba.
i find i have to crank all the end points up to get any thing like the movement i had before. but all seems to work.

The first 14Mz module i had used to run in PPM 1.5 BTW..
i am using the original DV3 TX from 2009

any one find it hard to bind receivers with the latest firmware if not make a post telling me what im doing to make it so difficult.. has anyone had any come
unbound for no apparent reason

steve spalding btw

pieter 09-09-2012 01:59 PM

more info at jetpower.....
found these on FB ( http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.4152670708884.158556.1647417033&type=1 )
(sorry about the size...)

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...84141955_o.jpg
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...21858155_o.jpg
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...78102747_o.jpg
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...75700264_o.jpg
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...11516454_o.jpg

stevebeale 09-09-2012 02:12 PM

just send me one i love it ,
its about time someone move all the goal posts
i would buy one now if it was on line

steve

pieter 09-09-2012 02:16 PM

it's a bit like the iphone 5, will it come, is it like we have seen on the pictures from "reliable" sources.

a friend of mine will be at jetpower, he will look around for the real deal.....

Pelle Gris 09-09-2012 02:28 PM

The only picture, as far as I know, of "The real deal"...
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...atronic-Sender

Personally I find it extremely ugly, but as the functionality and reliablity is the importent thing - so who cares about the look. :-)

But still, after looking at the pictures for a day or two, it looks better and better, and I´m looking forward to the tray type TX that should be out next. Could be my next TX...

P.S. Added the latest "specs" as I read them on the above link.

Hallsensors - In the gimbals I guess?
WLAN
UMTS - Some sort of phone network? 3G or similer?
Bluetooth
Color touchscreen by Samsung
22 "Functions" - As apparently the operating system does not use channels in the normal sense?
Ready for 5,8GHz for FPV use.
And there is a rumour that it will use dual batteries, which could boost duration, and also provide some redundancy in case a pack fails. Not that I have ever heard of any that did...:-)

Turk1 09-11-2012 08:01 AM

Those pics seems the Tx of Philip Kolb who is the coach of sailplane team Soarist group,Turkey.The new boss of Weatronic is also one of the member of that team.
Maybe you may have communication  via   http://soarist.com/

gerhardp 09-12-2012 10:41 PM

ORIGINAL: stevebeale

Hi
i have just received my 14mz module back from Jens at Wea, the story so far..:
i brought a 14mz module when they just reappeared back on the site after they reissued them to work with the 14 Mz 2.4 update.
the one i got did not work, after trying to get something done after months i gave up, Then some one posted Jens email on the forum, so i thought
i would give it a go, the next thing i know i have a email asking me to send the module back. so i did ,, i just
received a new one this week. fitted back in all seems to work.. the 14mz now runs in the 2.4gig mode . in giga it shows up as connected
in the weatronic modulation not futaba.
i find i have to crank all the end points up to get any thing like the movement i had before. but all seems to work.

The first 14Mz module i had used to run in PPM 1.5 BTW..
i am using the original DV3 TX from 2009

any one find it hard to bind receivers with the latest firmware if not make a post telling me what im doing to make it so difficult.. has anyone had any come
unbound for no apparent reason

steve spalding btw

Hi Steve, I had an experience with a customer with a micro receiver, that did not want to bind and found that, while binding in process to take out the jumper from the top and insert it into the bottom and then it bound.
Thx,
Gerhard

jensp61 09-17-2012 10:07 AM

<span class="hps">weatronic &reg;</span> <span class="hps">transmitter tray</span>

<span class="hps">Standard</span> <span class="hps">High Tech</span> <span class="hps">made ​​in Germany</span> <span class="hps">from the Center for</span> <span class="hps">Aerospace</span><span>:</span>

<span class="hps atn">9-</span><span>point ball bearing</span> <span class="hps">sticks</span>
<span class="hps">No wear and tear</span> <span class="hps">thanks to</span> <span class="hps">Hall sensors</span>
<span class="hps">Innovative</span> <span class="hps">Gas</span> <span class="hps">/ Brake</span> <span class="hps">Concept</span>
<span class="hps">28 freely programmable</span> <span class="hps">controls</span>
<span class="hps">5</span> <span class="hps">capacitive touchscreen</span> <span class="hps">800 x 480 color</span> <span class="hps">LCD</span>
<span class="hps">Look and Find</span> <span class="hps">function</span> <span class="hps">due to the internal</span> <span class="hps">GPS</span>
<span class="hps">Web</span> <span class="hps">interface</span> <span class="hps">for remote access</span> <span class="hps">and</span> <span class="hps">programming</span>
<span class="hps">own</span> <span class="hps">charge controller</span> <span class="hps">for each cell</span><span>)</span> <span class="hps">Li-Ion</span>
<span class="hps">A</span> <span class="hps">cell is always</span> <span class="hps">reserved as a</span> <span class="hps">25% reserve</span> <span class="hps">for a safe landing</span>
<span class="hps">Micro-SD card</span> <span class="hps">for data logging</span>
<span class="hps">USB-A</span> <span class="hps">and USB-B</span> <span class="hps">(master and slave</span><span>)</span>
<span class="hps">3.5mm</span> <span class="hps">Headphone output</span>
<span class="hps">Two parallel</span> <span class="hps">transmission and reception</span> <span class="hps">systems</span>
<span class="hps">Optional</span> <span class="hps">3-Axis</span> <span class="hps">Gyro</span>
<span class="hps">Optional</span> <span class="hps">3-axis</span> <span class="hps">orientation by</span> <span class="hps">acceleration sensors</span>
<span class="hps">Optional</span> <span class="hps">Wi-Fi and</span> <span class="hps">Bluetooth, UMTS</span> <span class="hps">via USB</span>
<span class="hps">Optional</span> <span class="hps">control functions in the</span> <span class="hps">stick</span> <span class="hps">and</span> <span class="hps">stick</span> <span class="hps">lengths</span> <span class="hps">selectable</span>

<span class="hps">Developed</span> <span class="hps">for the new</span> <span class="hps">ETSI</span> <span class="hps">standard</span> <span class="hps">EN 300 328</span> <span class="hps">V1.8.1</span>

<span class="hps">Specifications:</span>
<span class="hps">Transmission</span><span>: Adaptive</span> <span class="hps">Frequency Hopping</span> <span class="hps">with</span> <span class="hps">listen<span class="hps">before</span></span><span class="hps">Talk</span> <span class="hps">function</span>
<span class="hps">Hopping frequencies</span><span>:</span> <span class="hps">81,</span> <span class="hps">France</span><span>: 52</span>
<span class="hps">Hopping</span> <span class="hps">rate</span><span>:</span> <span class="hps">100 Hz</span>
<span class="hps">Antenna</span><span>:</span> <span class="hps">2 x patch</span> <span class="hps">antenna</span> <span class="hps atn">(</span><span>angle</span><span>&gt;</span> <span class="hps">180 &deg;</span><span>)</span>
<span class="hps">4 Li</span><span>-Ion</span> <span class="hps">cells</span> <span class="hps">&agrave;</span> <span class="hps">3000 mAh</span>
<span class="hps">GPS</span> <span class="hps">module built-in</span>
<span class="hps">Operating and charging</span> <span class="hps">voltage</span><span>: 10.0 - 20.0</span> <span class="hps">Volt</span>
<span class="hps">Temperature range: -10</span> <span class="hps">&deg; C to +60</span> <span class="hps">&deg; C</span><span>, noncondensing</span>

<span class="hps">Available</span> <span class="hps">for</span> <span class="hps">the 2013th</span>

pieter 09-17-2012 10:41 AM

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-NVAS8LJK-G.jpg
http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-GRE4VUEZ-G.jpg
http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-4V3JWSUS-G.jpg

[link=http://weatronic.e-vendo.de/Sendemodule/Pultsender-BAT-XX-Vorbestellung.htm?shop=weatronic&SessionId=&a=arti cle&ProdNr=WEA37947&t=3&c=3&p=3]pre order[/link]

Chessiegolf 09-17-2012 12:23 PM

Thanks for posting the pictures. Hopefully with the Jetpower show now over and the transmitters unveiled, there will be more information flowing soon; they certainly look attractive sets. My interest would be the hand held types - what is the purpose of what appear to be trim wheels at 45 degrees to the sticks?

Chessiegolf 09-17-2012 12:25 PM

Thanks for posting the pictures. Hopefully with the Jetpower show now over and the transmitters unveiled, there will be more information flowing soon; they certainly look attractive sets. My interest would be the hand held types - what is the purpose of what appear to be trim wheels at 45 degrees to the sticks?

jensp61 09-18-2012 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Chessiegolf
what is the purpose of what appear to be trim wheels at 45 degrees to the sticks?
its a trimweel like the mouseweel in the midlle fron a mouse (turn or klick) when u want you can prog a free funktion on it. this position is better to adjust whithout touch the steering .
on the siderudder u see 2 trimweels (up and downside) u can ajust siderudder and steeringweel seperately...