Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic > WildHare R/C Support
Reload this Page >

How is length of a Wild Hare plane measured?

Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 08:09 PM
P47 Jug - Al
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is length of a Wild Hare plane measured?

I’m considering a 50cc size plane whose overall length from spinner tip to trailing edge of rudder is 80 inches or less. When Wild Hare specifies a length of 78”, as they do with their 50cc Edge 540, is that the length I need or how is it being measured? I’ve found in some cases the length measurement is from trailing edge of rudder to front of cowl.

Thanks,

Al
Old 11-25-2010, 08:04 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How is length of a Wild Hare plane measured?

ORIGINAL: P47 Jug - Al

I’m considering a 50cc size plane whose overall length from spinner tip to trailing edge of rudder is 80 inches or less. When Wild Hare specifies a length of 78”, as they do with their 50cc Edge 540, is that the length I need or how is it being measured? I’ve found in some cases the length measurement is from trailing edge of rudder to front of cowl.

Thanks,

Al
I always go from rudder TE to the spinner tip, the spinner IS part of the plane.

However my published measurements may not be exact. It's very hard to get an exact measurement what with the fuse being an irregular shape, so my dimensions could be off by a bit.

But to answer the first question yes I do include the spinner when I measure.

TF
Old 11-25-2010, 08:55 AM
P47 Jug - Al
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: rctom

ORIGINAL: P47 Jug - Al

Thanks,

Al
I always go from rudder TE to the spinner tip, the spinner IS part of the plane.

However my published measurements may not be exact. It's very hard to get an exact measurement what with the fuse being an irregular shape, so my dimensions could be off by a bit.

But to answer the first question yes I do include the spinner when I measure.

TF
Thanks for the quick response Tom. My 80” limit is established by my car, a SUV, so there’s no wiggle room so to say. Thanks again.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:25 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But you can easily remove the spinner to save a few inches, and the rudder can be turned to one side to save some space.

I have even made a rudder removable.

TF