WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

41% Extra

Old 12-18-2011, 04:41 PM
jsorem

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 41% Extra

Rebuilding (new servos etc.) a 41% Extra and there is significant slop that is progressively greater at the outboard elevators. Is there a procedure to remove the hinge rod and replace or rebuild the hinge system? This is a red white and blue plane. I understand that the red is ultracote True Red. Can anyone tell me what the blue and white are? It is a very nice flying plane and with the more capable servos should be even better.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:10 AM
rctom

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 41% Extra

Usually it was the CF rods which would wear. If you can just pull out the 4mm rods you can inspect/replace them. The newer planes had bushings in the tabs, if you have an older plane I may have a new set that will work for you.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:41 PM
jsorem

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 41% Extra

I will try to dig them out. I tried putting a screw in the tube and pulling, but that didn't work. I am guessing I will need to remove material around the rod exposing it for an external grip. Thanks for the reply, and I sure mine does not have the bushings. If I can get them apart, I'll be back in touch.

Search this Thread