Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: 41% Extra

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

41% Extra

Rebuilding (new servos etc.) a 41% Extra and there is significant slop that is progressively greater at the outboard elevators. Is there a procedure to remove the hinge rod and replace or rebuild the hinge system? This is a red white and blue plane. I understand that the red is ultracote True Red. Can anyone tell me what the blue and white are? It is a very nice flying plane and with the more capable servos should be even better.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 41% Extra

Usually it was the CF rods which would wear. If you can just pull out the 4mm rods you can inspect/replace them. The newer planes had bushings in the tabs, if you have an older plane I may have a new set that will work for you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 41% Extra

I will try to dig them out. I tried putting a screw in the tube and pulling, but that didn't work. I am guessing I will need to remove material around the rod exposing it for an external grip. Thanks for the reply, and I sure mine does not have the bushings. If I can get them apart, I'll be back in touch.