Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Wild Hare Giles 202

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 05:48 PM
FormerCA.
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wild Hare Giles 202

Me and my flying buddy ordered 2 WH Giles 202's and 3W 75's. Talked personally to Tom, he was great to deal with. Anyone have any comments/advice?

Looking for around July 4th delivery date.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:22 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Wild Hare Giles 202

I haven't heard anything negative about his 202s' I have heard that they are not snappy like some other 202s. Doing business with Tom is as good as it gets in sales, quality, and service. I think you will come out just fine.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:57 AM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Silversurfer

I haven't heard anything negative about his 202s' I have heard that they are not snappy like some other 202s. Doing business with Tom is as good as it gets in sales, quality, and service. I think you will come out just fine.
Wish I could say the same
Old 06-09-2004, 08:55 PM
FormerCA.

?
Old 06-09-2004, 09:32 PM
BAS
My Feedback: (28)

Just make sure you get one of the newer kits, i ordered from the first batch and ended up sending the whole kit back, the canopy was cracked ,, paint chipped on cowl , ultracote very marred and poorly covered, just not top quality at all. I am sure from what i have read recentily the quality has improved, also had issues with the wing tubes not fitting correctly. Just to many wrong things. Tom is a great guy , i am sure he will take care of any problems. I just wished the planes myself and several other rc guys ordered at thet time were more closely inspected before shipping out.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:10 AM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: BAS

Just make sure you get one of the newer kits, i ordered from the first batch and ended up sending the whole kit back, the canopy was cracked ,, paint chipped on cowl , ultracote very marred and poorly covered, just not top quality at all. I am sure from what i have read recentily the quality has improved, also had issues with the wing tubes not fitting correctly. Just to many wrong things. Tom is a great guy , i am sure he will take care of any problems. I just wished the planes myself and several other rc guys ordered at thet time were more closely inspected before shipping out.
Well I see I'm not alone.
Same problems and more!
Old 06-10-2004, 08:14 PM
FormerCA.

Oh, Man! Hate to hear that. I think all the previous issues have been addressed, if not i WILL send it back. I feel pretty good about doing business with tom, especially since he has a forum here just for support.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:25 PM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

I have the extra and the kit is top notch. Great canopy, no chips on cowl (well packaged), wing tube fits right, great glue joints, great covering, flies great. Got a few minor wrinkles after first day in the sun... ironed them out and they haven't come back.

I"m eager to hear how the G-202 flies. I had one of the GP Snap 202's some time ago. I've heard Tom's are great.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:28 PM
FormerCA.

I think the 202's dont much like any tail heavieness, and would tend to snap. At least thats what i heard. Tom has a good video on his site.