Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Wild Hare Rc is terrific

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 09:35 AM
bkflyer
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wild Hare Rc is terrific

I purchased a Wild Hare 28% extra 300 Special back in January from Tom. The canopy didn't seem to fit very well and I thought it must be me not being able to make it fit properly and I messed it up using a heat gun on it to try to make it fit. A couple of weeks ago I called Tom and ordered another canopy not telling him that I had trouble making the first one fit. I received the new canopy the other day and it looked a lot different than the one I had originally so I called Wild Hare and talked to someone that I believe might have been Tom's wife. She assured me that I had the right canopy and she asked what had happened to the first one. I tolf her what had happened and she immediately told me that she was reversing the charges from my credit card for the new canopy. That small act was terriffic customer service as far I was concerned without any prompting from me. I know where my next couple of planes will be coming from. This is the kind of company that I want to deal. Thank You Tom and keep up the good work!
Old 06-08-2005, 12:32 PM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Wild Hare Rc is terrific

Good service reduces our advertising bill!

TF
Old 06-08-2005, 01:09 PM
flyme2dmoon
My Feedback: (3)

I love my WH Edge and for the price, you can't beat it. I had more fun 3Ding it than my bigger stuff. Tom, I'm losing sleep thinking about the 260![8D] So send it quick.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:11 PM
midi0101

Well, let me add to that....

I ordered a Extra 300 Special 2 weeks ago. Came after 6 business days via FedEx Ground (I live in Canada). I never saw a better packed ARF. I mean, everything was wrapped in foam. I also never had a better quality ARF (everything actually fits without problems).

Way to go WildHareRC......that was my first plane from you guys, but it will not be the last

Cheers,

Michael
Old 06-15-2005, 08:19 AM
FlyinTiger
My Feedback: (45)

I'm actually suprised to see all the Wild Hare RC ads here on RCU considering it seems like Tom sells every plane he gets. All I hear is that he is sold out of this or that plane, sometimes before they even reach the States! [&:]

I hope he's making a decent profit, these planes are so inexpensive and such high quality! The price is bound to go up...
Old 06-15-2005, 09:32 AM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

Majority of pilots can afford the 399.99 but most can't put 500-700 dollars in a 28% plane like the extreme flight yaks,, If Tom will keep prices about the sam in a couple of years he will take over the ARF 27% market,,,
Old 11-18-2009, 11:22 PM
dspadler
My Feedback: (22)

Building the 28% Wild Hare Extra Special and cant decide on an engine.IknowIm not going DA or3Wthey are a little out of my range at the time. Although Ilike ZDZ's I was really thinking about going with a Moki 2.10 in the Hare. Ilove the Moki sound and the constant performance that Ive had out of them in the past. Iknow its Nitro but Icarry Nitro in my trailer anyway for other planes. So have any of you guys ran a Moki on any of your Hares?
Thanks
Don
N.C
Old 11-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 2.10 will come up short on power for the 28% planes. Nothing extra for any kind of aerobatics. Plus the fuel bill will be horrible. Talk to Tom about a DLE 55. A little more money than a new Moki but extremely friendly to work with, more power, and much cheaper over time.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:17 AM
gboulton
My Feedback: (15)

I'd just like to second (or third...or eighth...or thirteenth...or whatever we're up to nowth) the sentiment. Fabulous airplanes, great prices, and top notch service. Can't beat it.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:08 AM
dredknot

wild hare rocks in every way,i look at other planes but i can't see myself buying from anyone else,
Tom when will you have the ultimate back and will you make any changes to the design.
I would love an ultimate that i can get to the radio gear and fuel tank by lifting the canopy and hatch and not have to roll it over.

I also would like to see tom do something with flaps or maybe Super Decathlon maybe a war bird.Just saying i would by it

Old 11-19-2009, 03:13 PM
rctom

ORIGINAL: dredknot

wild hare rocks in every way,i look at other planes but i can't see myself buying from anyone else,
Tom when will you have the ultimate back and will you make any changes to the design.
I would love an ultimate that i can get to the radio gear and fuel tank by lifting the canopy and hatch and not have to roll it over.

I also would like to see tom do something with flaps or maybe Super Decathlon maybe a war bird.Just saying i would by it

You sound like a paid shill for me.

The next time I get Ultimates (which at this point is an unknown) I plan to change the cabanes to be like a Pitts Python, where they angle outward from the fuse side instead of coming out of the top and angling towards the center. It's not scale, but this will allow me to put in a full length hatch that can be removed without taking the wings off. I'd also like to make room for a canister if possible, but that may not be doable. There will be other changes and improvements as well.

I just opened up the prototype of my new 104" 50cc Dehaviland Beaver with flaps. I'll be working on it for the next few weeks, if all goes well I'll order some for the spring. It's a very nice plane, when I get a little further along I'll post some photos.

I also plan to get floats for the beaver when I have made a little more progress.

TF
Old 11-19-2009, 03:59 PM
dredknot

sweet
Old 12-02-2009, 06:15 PM
gboulton

Just thought I'd bring this thread back to life for a moment if I may...

As most of you know, [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9233482/tm.htm]I put my 102" WH Edge into the dirt[/link] a while back. Damage to the fuse is repaired, but the wings were going to prove to be quite a challenge. Repairable, but pretty extensive work, especially the left one.

So...I posted in the WH 35% Edge thread in the hope (slim, I knew) that perhaps someone had an extra set. Also called Tom about the possibility of having a set made.

After a couple weeks had gone by, I'd about given up hope. Then, shortly before Thanksgiving, Tom e-mailed. Said he'd found a set of wings at the warehouse, and offered me an AMAZING price on them, shipped to my door!

Last Saturday, I confirmed to Tom that I wanted the wings. It's now Wednesday, and the wings just arrived, in perfect shape!

Tom went out of his way, found me a brand new set of wings, and had them AT MY DOOR in 3 business days.

You can NOT beat that kind of service.

Kudos, Tom. And thanks.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:42 PM
apriliamille

they are good people. i could share several stories of how they have taken care of me.
at the field people ask what that plane is and i have no problems standing at attention and saying "that's a wild hare, beware of the beautiful bunny"
Old 12-02-2009, 11:27 PM
5150flyer

I just bought my first WH based our their reputation for customer service. My 88" Edge should arrive Friday. I can already feel the love.

Almost bought another AW but when I called the guy acted like I was wasting his time. Tom answered my questions, so he got my $$$.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:24 AM
apriliamille

lol 5150.
that made me go check my ups confirm number
my baby edge is in phoenix! vegas thursday and my home on friday

someday ill feal comfortable in this economy getting a bigger vehicle. jeep wranglers and big planes suck !
maybe ill get a mini van with a "soccer dad" sticker
Old 12-03-2009, 11:59 AM
5150flyer

To be a real "soccer dad" in Portland, OR, you will need to have a Suburban, and drive down the middle of the road while talking on a cell phone.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:27 PM
gboulton

ORIGINAL: 5150flyer
I just bought my first WH based our their reputation for customer service. My 88'' Edge should arrive Friday.
Welcome to the family! I'd wager you won't be disappointed.

ORIGINAL: apriliamille
someday ill feal comfortable in this economy getting a bigger vehicle. jeep wranglers and big planes suck !
Check the new trailer market. In many parts of the country, sales have been MISERABLE the last 18+ months or so, and they're ready to DEAL. Wrangler should pull a 6x12 or 5x10 with ease.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:04 PM
flatspinjim
My Feedback: (3)

Gboulton that's not a wager, that's a sure bet!
Old 12-05-2009, 08:42 PM
gboulton

ORIGINAL: flatspinjim

Gboulton that's not a wager, that's a sure bet!
I don't play games of chance, Jim.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:29 PM
S C racer

I am lucky and live within a short drive of TOM and WILD HARE . I am new to the GS and gassers but Tom has been a big help several times and if I have a question about something he is always there by email or phone. cuddos to Tom and his wife what a great place to shop.
I recently had my first dead stick and stalled my 50cc giles. at the end of the long walk to the plane I was happy to see the plane in one piece, the landing gear was squesssed but no other damage after a short time in the vise I was back in the air. A friend had the same issue last week with a 50 cc AW yak the plane stalled a lot closer to the ground but the airframe was a total loss. The plane broke in half just behing the leading edge. He now has a Wild Hare. Thanks again Tom.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:55 PM
uncle sky

I,m thinking about getting the slick 540 or the edge 540. which one is the better flyer? And are they the same colors for both airplanes or are they 2 different color schemes? I see a red and yellow one and then a red and white one on your website. Can u help me out?

Thnx, Joe Hower
Old 03-14-2010, 10:05 PM
rctom

ORIGINAL: uncle sky

I,m thinking about getting the slick 540 or the edge 540. which one is the better flyer? And are they the same colors for both airplanes or are they 2 different color schemes? I see a red and yellow one and then a red and white one on your website. Can u help me out?

Thnx, Joe Hower
We have both planes in both colors, so pick which plane you like then pick the color.

The two planes are almost identical, just a little different look to the wings. Edge has a straight leading edge, Slick has a swept LE. Little or no difference in how they fly.

TF
Old 04-02-2010, 06:56 AM
Capt Lou

I have the WH 300 Extra with a DA-50R. It's a great flying plane. I just ordered the WH MX2 in the Breitling scheme with graphics and a DLE-55 engine. Can't wait until it arrives. Tom is great to work with.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:32 AM
gboulton

Thought I'd swing through here and share a slightly "different" take on this whole "Wildhare is Awesome!" idea...
Last fall (November) I stumbled across a "well used" (to put it mildly) Version 1 Wildhare Edge.
Y'all...this thing had seen better days, I'm tellin ya. Wrecked and rebuilt at LEASt once, maybe twice, more hangar rash than...well...than something with lots of hangar rash.
Got it for an unbeatable price...and I'll tell ya, it's a good thing i did too.
So..over the next few months, in between working on my 102" Edge rebuild, I'd piddle with "little edge".
Throughout the process, here's what I found:
1) Even "back then", Wildhare planes were well built. Granted, a bit heavier than they are now, but solid. Good craftsmanship, quality wood, intelligent design.
2) It doesn't matter HOW old it is, Tom will try to help. Doesn't mean he always CAN, but if he's got a part that'll work, he'll track it down...if not, he'll try to give you some alternatives. Phone, e-mail, forums..doesn't matter. If there's something he can do, or info he can pass along, to help you get that bird back in the air, he'll do it.
3) Wildhare airplanes just fly well. Never mind being several years old, neglected, abused, and beat to ****....with a little TLC, the V1 Edge is back in the air. She's a bit rough around the edges, but STILL outflies a great many "modern" 50cc airframes...just a joy to take to the field.
=============
I guess maybe the whole point to all this is to just say that Wildhare's not new to this game. They've been selling quality airframes for a long time, they stand behind them well down the road, and the airframes will, with just a bit of care, give you great results for many years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.