Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

35% Extra

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 11:10 AM
VinceY
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35% Extra

I picked up a Wildhare 35% Extra NIB at a local swap meet this weekend. I haven't kept up with WH in a while, and didn't realize that they aren't being sold anymore until I got on WH's website to see what kind of bargain I got. Was there not enough demand for them, or is there something I need to know before I start assembly? This plane came with both sets of wings. I am only interested in 3D flying and specifically want stable harriers and tight waterfalls. Which set of wings would suit my flying style? Thanks.

Vince
Old 03-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Hoss
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: 35% Extra

I have one of the first and started with the "older" wings. While the plane is a blast to fly with these wings I enjoy the newer wings better. The plane just seems to fly more crisp. But either way it is a good flying plane and you should have fun. If you have any questions just ask away as their are a lot of guys that have these still flying. As far as set up goes mine has the following.
DA 100 MTW 75CC cans, Hitec 5945s.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Aerohead
My Feedback: (37)

I was the one who sold it to him. He got the 35% Extra ($800), the original wings and the optional wings ($300), the optional hardware package ($75), the stock aluminum gear and the optional fiberglass gear ($70), and the optional instrument panel ($35). That adds up to $1280. I sold it to him for $600. Did he get a decent deal?
Old 03-06-2006, 05:31 PM
Hoss
My Feedback: (4)

Dang Nick,

That was a decent deal. One can never complain about that kind of deal.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:11 PM
southern_touch9
My Feedback: (3)

I saw that plane there..it was solid white wasnt it. If I would have known that was you selling it I would have talked to you b/c I see you on DOD all the time. $600 for all of that is a great deal. I gave $550 for mine NIB about 2 years ago but thats with the old wings. Its a great performer. I was torque rolling mine inches off the deck just yesterday . It harriers fine if you set it up right, in fact it does everything great, makes me wonder why Tom stopped production. None the less, the new 40% will be in my hanger as well.

Nick...I didnt realize you lived so close. I am only about 45 min. away in columbus GA. I might have to come fly with you soon.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:20 PM
Aerohead
My Feedback: (37)

Feel better, Vince?
Old 03-09-2006, 03:07 PM
VinceY

You might have misunderstood my tone, I wasn't trying to be negative. I thank you for the GREAT deal! I tried to talk several of my friends and fellow club members into buying it. I thought it was one of the better airplanes down there. I've been putting together a 40% Radiowave Extra and didn't have any money to spend. My dad is actually the one that bought it, but we're doing some trading so I ended up with it. I was just surprised Tom wasn't selling it anymore. I mainly wanted some insight into the different wings and which one would fit my flying style. Thanks again.

Vince
Old 03-11-2006, 12:51 PM
AU flyer
My Feedback: (2)

Vince, you are just lucky that I did not want to have to cover it or it would have been in my trailer earlier in the day. From what I have heard you will be pleased. I have a buddy in Columbus that should have his about ready to fly this weekend.

I sold a Wildhare Edge and Ultimate plus a couple of other planes at Perry and now I'm trying to decide which 35%er to go with myself. ..still kind of kicking myself for letting that QQ Yak get away Friday.

Anyway, good luck with your plane.

Bobby

Old 03-14-2006, 11:28 PM
VinceY

Thanks. My buddy was looking at that Yak too. The guy said he would take $1400 for the airframe and all servos. While we were pondering that, two guys that had already been talking to him bought it. That would have been a great deal.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:19 AM
AU flyer
My Feedback: (2)

I guess I should have asked. One reason I hesitated on it was that I had a 3w106 at home waiting for a plane. Still have not decided what to get thought, about decided on either the QQ Yak or the new AW Extra 260. I problably will order one of them in the next few days.

Do you fly IMAC, 3D, whatever??? Not many guys around my area fly giant scale.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:56 AM
VinceY

Just 3D! I don't think I have time for IMAC. I'm in two clubs over here and there are only a few giant-scalers in each. I have a 40% Extra 330 and my buddy has a 40% Cap232.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:14 PM
southern_touch9
My Feedback: (3)

All of you guys seem to fly around this same area. I see a Wildhare fly-in in the future.