Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Steppin' it up

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 05:23 PM
AeroDave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steppin' it up

I just got the 85" CAP and started building it yesterday afternoon. Its almost done. I built the original Extra Special long ago, which was great (still is great, the thing just won't die), but this is just a step up. The polished gear, the pre installed blind nuts, the lighter construction. It seems a lot of thought has gone into making this generation of Wildhare airplanes just that much better. There are always little things with any airplane. But looking at the big picture I just have to say "Wow." When I put the wings on just now with everything hinged and it standing on its gear I just felt compelled to comment. Its really pretty, it seems lighter than the Extra Special and its built well. I'll probably maiden it Friday. I fly these airplanes with a stock G62, but that never bothered my Extra. I'm just careful to make sure the CG is where it needs to be. The rx battery in this one is under the vertical fin. There's plenty of wing to handle the weight. I've got a feeling this one is really gonna fly great. So anyway, nothing new, just a need to express my thoughts on this bird.

Regards,
Dave