Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic > WildHare R/C Support
Reload this Page >

Newly redesigned WH Extra 300S build thread

Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Newly redesigned WH Extra 300S build thread

Old 07-17-2007, 08:40 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Newly redesigned WH Extra build thread

Is the harrier with power on? If so I'd say yes, more thrust may help but it will affect the rest of the flight envelope. I'd just use more rudder if everything else is pretty close.

TF
Old 07-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Greg Cothern
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom, the harriers would be on a low power setting, if I add much power she pops up into a hover... I have been flying the rudder in harriers but was curious.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Dangerous Dan
My Feedback: (1)

Did you Laterial Balence?

From a high altitude drop to idle and push straight down, Then pull to level pull until the plane is just horozontal not hard enough to snap though the wing needs to keep flying.

Check to see if a wing drops, Repear 10 times, If the same wing ALWAYS drops add a little weight to the opposite wing. Make sure you are only applying levator in the pull.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With all the planes I've done harriers and waterfalls with I've found the need to lead the maneuver with rudder to counteract torque and what's known as "spiral slipstream". As the plane comes up the back of a waterfall is where the most rudder is needed. Harriers are about the same for me an require about the same about of rudder all the way through unless it's one where changing directions come into play. Then the rudder is used for the majority of the steering. Using the ailerons for steering causes a wing to drop pretty quick unless elevator and rudder is used to hold them up. Perhaps I'm a bit on the lazy side but I never even check lateral balance anymore unless there's a severe problem that I can't find another answer for.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:58 AM
Tetley

Hi, Can one of you guys tell me where the cg ends up if you measure near the fuzz not the wingtips??
I Just got my fromeco kit and want to set it out to achieve the cg. Right now Its sitting about the middle of the wing tube Just behind the black covering underneath.

Cheers dudes!

Jim.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:49 PM
mstroh3961
My Feedback: (4)

Put the wings on the tube and stretch a string across and mark it.