Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Looking for engine testers 26cc gas

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 08:31 AM
cstevec
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for engine testers 26cc gas

ORIGINAL: rctom

I have about 20 offers, for now I will wait to hear back from the first two.

TF
Seeing as how it is now the beginning of Nov, & this thread started back in Sep. I would have thought you would have gotten some feedback by now.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:51 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Me too. Apparently I did not pick well on the first two so I am being more careful for the other two.

TF
Old 11-04-2006, 01:28 PM
LookNatU2
My Feedback: (11)

I agree, shame on the first two. If a company trust you to test a motor and you accept it, you then are responsible to the company and all of us RCU members to get it in a plane and fly it, Give us somefeedback in a prompt mannor ( few weeks at the most to no more then a month). Don't accept an engine for you winter project, common.
Just my two cents.

I for one would like for someone to test this engine in the Extreme Flight Yak 74"
If this proves to be a strong 26cc at least i'm thinking it is stronger then the g26cc that QQ flew in his 73" Yak (see his video of it on QQ's site) it flew his heavier QQ yak around pretty good. Pull out from a hover wasnt strong but it hovered it.
A lighter EF Yak and this 26cc should be or might prove to be a awesome combo and keep the wing loading down.

Here's the link to QQ's 73" Yak and the G26cc gas engine http://www.somenzini.com/html/aircraft/yak73.html

Here's the link to Extreme Flight's Yak 74" http://www.extremeflightrc.com/html/74yak54.html
Old 11-04-2006, 05:04 PM
RTK

Even I could have had one tested by now
Old 11-05-2006, 08:24 AM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

If your talking about the user of the motor...i know of one of them, he was at the field last weekend and his second motor wouldn't draw any fuel. i dont know if it was a plumbing problem or not on his part...probably not we could get fuel to the carb but it was not by turning the prop had to put a little pressure in the line to get fuel to the carb. but it still woun't draw.

Thinking it was in the carb
Old 11-07-2006, 11:14 AM
G-Pete

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: LookNatU2
I agree, shame on the first two. If a company trust you to test a motor and you accept it, you then are responsible to the company and all of us RCU members to get it in a plane and fly it, Give us somefeedback in a prompt mannor ( few weeks at the most to no more then a month). Don't accept an engine for you winter project, common.
Just my two cents.
I’m one of them…

I have no company and I paid for the engine. This for introducing….

Well, you have an engine nobody knows anything about – and you about to test this engine.
How do you test? Bolt it on a airplane and fly 5 times and say – cool, this engine runs and it is reliable.

WRONG!!!!!!!!

Over and over flying and check for any little changes, keep the same prop for extended time so you see the drop or increase in performance. Take the engine apart and measure the wear. Watch the residue built-up in the combustion chamber; note the color of the spark plug in different conditions. This is not possible on a weekend or two.
Somewhere between you brake the engine in – OH almost forgot ----- I HAVE TO GO TO WORK TOO 5 DAYS A WEEK! (sometimes 6)

Before that you have to order an ARF and built it…and built it right takes time.

Even in Texas we have wind and rain – not everyday is a nice day that doesn’t support a straight schedule.

Second issue is the internet, or more the people involved especially VIW’s(via internet whiners). You have the engine running and you report every stage of the test – words WILL be turned around and wrong conclusions drawn too easily.
Also I report to Tom and only to Tom, do not expect any post of me about this matter after this statement here.

“Somefeedback in a Promt mannor”???? As I said, I paid for this engine, it is my risk. When this engine is a flop – my money is involved not Toms not yours not the RC universe. If my airplane crashes about a deadstick that’s alone my deal and I have to live with it.

It’s my time, money and affords to do that – that’s a FAVOR…

Do you expect FAVORS IN A RROPMT MANNOR? Do NOT expect them from me…
Take care…

Happy landings[sm=thumbup.gif]
G-Pete
Old 11-07-2006, 01:01 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

ORIGINAL: G-Pete

Just my two cents.
I’m one of them…

I have no company and I paid for the engine. This for introducing….

Well, you have an engine nobody knows anything about – and you about to test this engine.
How do you test? Bolt it on a airplane and fly 5 times and say – cool, this engine runs and it is reliable.

WRONG!!!!!!!!

Over and over flying and check for any little changes, keep the same prop for extended time so you see the drop or increase in performance. Take the engine apart and measure the wear. Watch the residue built-up in the combustion chamber; note the color of the spark plug in different conditions. This is not possible on a weekend or two.
Somewhere between you brake the engine in – OH almost forgot ----- I HAVE TO GO TO WORK TOO 5 DAYS A WEEK! (sometimes 6)

Before that you have to order an ARF and built it…and built it right takes time.

Even in Texas we have wind and rain – not everyday is a nice day that doesn’t support a straight schedule.

Second issue is the internet, or more the people involved especially VIW’s(via internet whiners). You have the engine running and you report every stage of the test – words WILL be turned around and wrong conclusions drawn too easily.
Also I report to Tom and only to Tom, do not expect any post of me about this matter after this statement here.

“Somefeedback in a Promt mannor”???? As I said, I paid for this engine, it is my risk. When this engine is a flop – my money is involved not Toms not yours not the RC universe. If my airplane crashes about a deadstick that’s alone my deal and I have to live with it.

It’s my time, money and affords to do that – that’s a FAVOR…

Do you expect FAVORS IN A RROPMT MANNOR? Do NOT expect them from me…
Take care…

Happy landings[sm=thumbup.gif]
G-Pete

Wow....[X(]
Old 11-07-2006, 03:02 PM
LookNatU2
My Feedback: (11)

Wow, a reply... LOL. That's a start.
If you reported to Tom then why did he post you never heard nothing back from the guys who got the 2 engines.. duh.
We all know what it takes to build a plane, test a motor and all the stuff your making a big deal about. That's all part of the details we like to hear. Ups or downs about it.

You missed the point!!!

If Tom hasnt heard nothing back from the 2 people that got the motors it's kinda a dead thread w/o any type of feedback.Right? You could have, should have just mentioned I received the engine, looks good,bad,ulgy, maybe weight,ect,ect. Not to much to ask?
Just something to lets us know your alive with the engine and whats your thoughts about it.. Common just some details, any details. Like what plane your putting it on, when might you be getting around to test running it, flying the plane and so on.. Not a lot to ask bud. A few sentences now and again. I've read plenty of threads on RCU and other sites that onlu got updated on the weekends because of what we have to do in between "WORK". LOL
Oh and btw, no one cares that you paid for the engine ($200 bucks), it again, isnt the point nor the reason why your choose to test Tom's engine right? (at least I hope it isn't). I hope you decided to test it for the sake of the hobby, for Tom and his company, reputation and just the whole excitment of trying something new. Forgive me for being really curious and excited and wanting to know and hear some feedback concerning this engine..
My best wishes for your future testing and flying of this engine. PLEASE drop us a line now and again on the progress. Thanks

P.S. My prior post wasnt done in the best manor and for that I do appoligise for. However it was done to draw out the engine testers to get a reply and to know who they are. Now that we know can we turn this thread around to a positive note?
Give some feedback for the engine, plane,testing and so on. Thanks.
Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 11-07-2006, 04:20 PM
rctom

Geeze guys give it a rest. Pete is putting in far more effort than I was aware of, and I am grateful for it. I'm just not going to sell another one until I'm pretty sure it will be usable and he's taking care of that.

The other one has been flown with fair-good results.

Pete, thanks for your continued efforts.

TF
Old 11-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

Hey Tom,

Tim Mills and I would be available to do any engine testing you might need. I have several airplanes in the 26 and 50cc size range and Tim is an engine man's engine man. he knows his way around these engines. It's winter here now, but we could have something available for spring testing easily.

steve percifield
Old 11-08-2006, 08:32 AM
G-Pete

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P.S. My prior post wasnt done in the best manor and for that I do appoligise for. However it was done to draw out the engine testers to get a reply and to know who they are. Now that we know can we turn this thread around to a positive note?
Give some feedback for the engine, plane,testing and so on. Thanks.
Inquiring minds want to know!
Apology taken.

Here I offer you my apology, after reading my post today it seemed a little harsh. I’m sorry for that.

What I meant was, I do not state any test results on a public message board. I told Tom I would not do that.
If I would be involved in the fabricating and engineering of this engine this would be another story.
I understand you are curios and like to know how this engine turns out. My commitment was to not to state anything – here you call this “boneheaded”, I call this how I’m …..just German. Whoever worked with a german engineer can testify how good can be – BUT they are a pain in the XXXX (you know where) hehehehehe

I understand your point of view, please try to understand mine and happy landings[sm=thumbup.gif]
G-Pete
Old 01-23-2007, 03:24 AM
Redneck Shaun

Hey tom,
Anything more on these motors? I just picked up a sig cub,105" ws. Was looking to see what's out there for a power plant?
Thanks
Shaun
Old 01-23-2007, 09:55 AM
rctom

Call me if you want one, I'll explain the situation.

TF
Old 01-23-2007, 11:34 PM
Redneck Shaun

Tom,
I just saw this reply. It's a tad late for me to be calling tonight. I'll give you a ring tomorrow after I get off work. Thanks