Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Dying a canopy

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Danny C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dying a canopy

Can someone tell me about using ret black dye to dye my canopy? I saw something about it awhile back but cant find the post.
Tks Danny C
Old 11-12-2006, 11:32 PM
blueline
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Dying a canopy

Simply dissolve the dye in warm water, set the canopy in the solution and begin checking at 15min intervals until your desired level of tint is achieved.

Good luck, Steve S.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:36 PM
The bird man

ORIGINAL: Danny C

Can someone tell me about using ret black dye to dye my canopy? I saw something about it awhile back but cant find the post.
Tks Danny C
The best advice I can give you is to make sure you cut a small piece from the excess canopy material and test it to make sure the water is NOT to hot! If it is to hot it will deform the canopy. On the other hand if the water is to cool the dye will not take well.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:46 AM
David Brooks

Just further to that - keep your eye on it. I dyed my canopy recently and used scraps to test the water temperature first. I evn cut 2 identical scraps and put only one in so I could compare them for any change in curvature. When I thought I had it just right I put the canopy in and then got called away for a few minutes. When got back the canopy had curled up. Luckily I had chosen to mount with screws so i was still able to mount it with some difficulty, and you can't tell there is anything wrong to look at it. Good Luck
Old 11-13-2006, 10:40 AM
boatracer012
My Feedback: (5)

plastic section in cars canopy tint works great.spray cans
Old 11-13-2006, 10:53 AM
shogunmst
My Feedback: (3)

Use the spray tint in the can. I've been using it on all my canopys. I tried the dye and it just didn't get it as dark as I wanted, and after my first one rolled up like a cigar I said never again would I use Rit dye. Testers spray tint, you can't go wrong, just spray light coats at a time. You'll be happy with the results and you won't have to order a 2nd canopy because the water was too HOT..LOL!!
Old 11-23-2006, 08:56 PM
capflyr
My Feedback: (1)

to get the dye to soak-in add A little vinager to the mix.

capflyr