Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Received my Extra 300

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 12:27 AM
fisher1648

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Received my Extra 300

The UPS dropped off my new Extra 300 on Firday. Felt like christmas morning !!

It arrived with no damage and I've started working on it - I'm impressed with the quality and general fit. I've already got the engine mounted, cowl cut-outs, all surfaces hinged and control arms on......it's falling together.

Wont be long !!

Old 03-11-2007, 02:02 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Received my Extra 300

If it's longer than 7 days then you're slackin'
Old 03-11-2007, 08:57 AM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give him a break, he will need at least two days to wipe all of the drool off the plane and that is before he ever gets it into the air.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:52 AM
fisher1648

Finished it up yesterday. Conducted extensive range checks (both FM and PCM recievers) with excellent results. Didnt test-hop it because I wanted to run a tank of gas through it and then check for screws and things coming loose/rubbing....all good except the cowl began separating from the ply ring a bit at the bottom. Unfortunately, I had to cut the ring at the bottom to allow exhaust clearance (I'm using 4 bolts). Not a big deal - just need to reinforce with some fiberglass inside a bit.

Hoping for a test hop this week -

The Red/yellow/black color scheme really stands out nice among the other planes - very distinctive.

Eric
Old 03-31-2007, 09:33 PM
fisher1648

Had a great test-hop day today Got 5 flights in and it REALLY flies nice. Barely needed any trim adjustments out of the box. The Brison 3.2 seems to be a prefect match.

The only drama I had was self induced with the landing gear. Since we fly off of a dirt strip (yeah - I know - it sucks [&o]) sometimes, with the smaller planes, I can do what I call a "dukes-of-hazzard" sorta sideways slides to scrub off a little speed if I land long. Pretty hillbilly I admit but.....

Well, I was having a bit too much fun and tossed it sideways (you IDIOT !) and it began hopping sideways [X(] and tweaked the gear. Completely my fault I admit. I was able to straighten it out and it's fine now.

Overall, a great first day out - I pulled the cowling off, and inspected EVERYTHING and all is well. Cant wait until tomorrow (no redneck slides)!

Eric
Old 03-31-2007, 10:15 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't feel bad, I did exactly the same thing with the gear on my Edge---on asphalt. They bend back pretty easy, but it's $30.00 or so for new if you can't. Don't ask how I know...

Glad to hear you had a great first day with it!!
Old 04-01-2007, 07:47 PM
fisher1648

Day two was equally good ! Started fine tuning throws and playing around with knife-edge, etc...(my skill-set is more aligned with pattern/IMAC type flying) and it flys beautifully. Next I want to explore some 3D stuff (real high ) and learn how to do some manuevers like waterfalls and such.

I think I picked a winner [8D]