Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic > WildHare R/C Support
Reload this Page >

V1 Edge cowl...anyone have one laying around?

Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

V1 Edge cowl...anyone have one laying around?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Jonathan Ott
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V1 Edge cowl...anyone have one laying around?

I scratched the paint (so to speak) this last weekend on my Army Strong Wild Hare Edge (V1) and am in need of a cowl (if I can't get this one back into shape). Just curious if anybody has a V1 Edge cowl laying around that they would sell?

Uncut (preferred); cut for DA50 w/ stock muffler (2nd choice); any cut out (3rd choice); any cowl that is in less than two pieces (4th choice).

Thanks,

Jon
Old 06-03-2008, 08:39 PM
marzo91
My Feedback: (57)

Default RE: V1 Edge cowl...anyone have one laying around?

Go to the Wildhare website. Click on specials. Scroll down. According to Tom's ad all you need to do is make an offer on the V1 Edge cowls. I'll bet you can get one or two cheap.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Jonathan Ott

I chatted with Patty via e-mail a couple days ago. They are out of V1 Edge cowls. Sold the last one last month.

Hopefully I can find one, but if not, I hope repairing this one won't be too bad.

Jon
Old 06-23-2008, 08:02 AM
Jonathan Ott

Found one from a friend on the DoD site. Overall great condition (aside from a couple of holes, he had a Miki 210 on his). A liitle 'glass'n'poxy, some putty and paint, and it'll be perfect

Jon
Old 06-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Rfabbre
My Feedback: (6)

Try the mamnfacturer. CB Hobbies in Thailand. They have plenty. Phone number is on the Web. Guys name is Charlie.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Jonathan Ott

ORIGINAL: Rfabbre

Try the mamnfacturer. CB Hobbies in Thailand. They have plenty. Phone number is on the Web. Guys name is Charlie.

Thanks Rich. I looked at their page and posted a message in their "Contact" link. Hopefully Charlie will respond. Have you had to get a replacement cowl from them? If so, what did it cost with shiping?

I did get a quote from "Blazing Wings" and they wanted $100 shipped for an unpainted cowl. Just curious what Charlie will want for one direct from the manufacturer.

Jon
Old 06-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Rfabbre
My Feedback: (6)

Jon,

I bought an entire ARF. Extra 300 Special. Got an extra cowl for my planned upgrade to a Pitts muffler. I don't remember what it costs but I think it was in the $40 neighborhood. Shipping will be via EMS and will arrive to you from the Post Office. I have no idea what it will cost but I would guess it would be in the $30 range.

Rich