Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic > WildHare R/C Support
Reload this Page >

Baby Edge 540 accessory kit and steel clevises

Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Baby Edge 540 accessory kit and steel clevises

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 11:15 PM
bdhoerning

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baby Edge 540 accessory kit and steel clevises

Tom,

I maidened my Baby Edge this past weekend. I have to say that I love this plane. I was very comfortable flying it. I powered mine with a BME 26cc w 16x8 Bambula prop and it flies beautifully. I look forward to many enjoyable flights on my Baby Edge. This is a great airplane for the price. My son is saving up to purchase and outfit the Baby Extra 260. I am not one to criticize, but I felt that I should at least bring a couple of items to your attention.

I bought the accessory kit and used all of the hardware that came with the kit (not enough carbon fiber hollow rod included to cover the aileron 4-40 threaded rod...bought more). I had to change the gold aileron and elevator clevises (included in the kit) to ball clevises because the vibration combined with the play in the gold clevises at the phenolic control arms was enlarging the holes in the phenolic control arms. The ball clevises did the trick, though there were only two in the accessory kit. A friend who owns two 40% IMAC planes gave me the ball clevis hardware to replace the gold steel clevises at aileron and elevator. The rudder pull-pull is under tension and doesn't seem to be a problem, so I left it and adjusted the tension.

These are minor things, and were easily rectified. Thanks for a great product.

Brian