Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Wren Turbines USA
Reload this Page >

Super sport No hand over of control

Community
Search
Notices
Wren Turbines USA Wren USA no longer providing support for their turbines. We are converting this forum into a member supported support forum. This means members will solve members problems

Super sport No hand over of control

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 09:09 AM
doctor jason

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Super sport No hand over of control

Hi . Sunday PM here in the UK ,

4 good flights with an Elan on a full auto start when on the 5th start up it starts beautifully but does not give me control of the turbine , so shut down. cool down, try again thinking finger trouble or I had not left it long enough to stabilize but the same thing again Gas on, fuel on , starts but no handover of control. Shut down more investigation. This time with HDT connected but the data screen is blinkering on and off with unreadable data/ more black squares than anything else. green light after start just keeps flashing. previous flight was faultless.
battery fully charged.
no tinkering between flights.
had change from jet A1 to kerosine on the previous flight.

Regards Jason

edit . believe it is an original Wren FADEC
Old 09-16-2012, 12:42 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Super sport No hand over of control

recheck all your connections and relearn your transmitter. Before doing that, plug a servo into your throttle channel to make sure its working, then reconnect the ECU and check everything.. I had flux inside my deans plug once, and wasn't getting good connection to the battery for ECU... the flights could have loosened a plug... make sure you have a good rpm signal, throttle signal, and a good EGT signal. If its out of range, it wont let you have control

remove your battery connector and check it for continuity, then replug it..

just some things I thought of