Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Wren Turbines USA
Reload this Page >

Wren MK3 ECU upgrade

Community
Search
Notices
Wren Turbines USA Wren USA no longer providing support for their turbines. We are converting this forum into a member supported support forum. This means members will solve members problems

Wren MK3 ECU upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 09:08 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wren MK3 ECU upgrade

Hi one and all.
I have here a Wren MK3 that's out lived its original manual electric start ECU that has suffered an electrical short that unfortunately killed it stone dead. I'm fairly ofay with older turbines so the three handed juggle during starting was never an issue and it started a lot quicker than most modern kero start turbines and only ever stopped when asked to do so or ran out of fuel!. Its a sound turbine so as its been a good runner was worth replacing the manual start ECU with the new V10 Xicoy ECU along with a pair of E-Valves. Hooking it all up was fairly straight forward my only real problem is as the original ECU is dead we have lost the settings, that's assuming they were all available to be read in the first place. Despite a search online, including within this forum we have not been able to find a set of parameters to start from for this particular Mk3.There are some published for Super Sports and earlier Mks, even the 44 but I'm sure they will be incompatible with the Mk3. If anyone has some proven parameters for the Mk3 perhaps they could take the time to jot them down and post here.

Thanks in advance, Regards Mark
Old 04-08-2015, 11:39 AM
Art ARRO
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark,
Note that Wren does not frequent this site often- for an official reply. I would contact them directly in the UK. Also note that you can contact Xicoy at their website and download their ECU documentation for V.10. The documentation provides a range of parameter values which should get you in the ballpark for initial starting and tweaking for final running. Good luck with this.
Rgds,
Art ARRO, Wren owner.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:28 AM
DH106

Still looking for settings Mark - or are you sorted?
I have a Wren 54 Mk 3, gas autostart.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:46 AM
totono
My Feedback: (12)

Hi you all can some one help me I have a 54 MKIII also autostart uses propane to start,It start at the first time always butt when you go to idle it just stop working and the only thing that the GSU tell me is speed low can some one help me?what parameter do I have to adjust
Thanks in advance
Old 12-22-2015, 02:46 PM
DH106

Originally Posted by totono
Hi you all can some one help me I have a 54 MKIII also autostart uses propane to start,It start at the first time always butt when you go to idle it just stop working and the only thing that the GSU tell me is speed low can some one help me?what parameter do I have to adjust
Thanks in advance

Sounds like the fuel pump isn't delivering enough fuel at the bottom end.
Send Mike Murphy at Wren an email - he's normally very helpful concerning setup issues:-

[email protected]