Notices
Wren Turbines USA Wren USA no longer providing support for their turbines. We are converting this forum into a member supported support forum. This means members will solve members problems

Wren turbine oil

Old 04-21-2018, 07:26 AM
Pete S-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wren turbine oil

What is the best oil to use in a Wren 100?
Wren told me 2-cycle oil was good?
Has anyone had any problems with it?
I read on another forum 2-cycle oil wasn't designed for the hi temps of a turbine and would cause problems.
Anyone know if this is true?
Old 04-21-2018, 04:03 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Not all 2-cycle oils are the same. Certain ones work fine and others will gum up your bearings causing difficult starts. When in doubt go with what Wren recommends. I have been using DTE Lite for years in all my engines without issues. Also Wren prefers DTE Lite oil. There is a misprint in their guide. You should use DTE Lite CIRCULATING oil, not the Hydraulic oil. See attached.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7D...p6dG96MU0/view
Old 04-27-2018, 10:00 AM
Pete S-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, got the oil at Grangers.
Most places only sell 5 gal cans, Granger repackages it in 1 gal cans.
Old 12-30-2018, 11:11 PM
stegl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a 19 litre pail of DTE oil as that was all that was available and paid Less than the 2 gallons ( about 8 litres total)
of DTE oil bought that way. Sold off some of the extra oil to recoup some of my investment .
Old 06-17-2019, 04:51 AM
pimpmycnc

I always use the jetcat antistatic oil. It's expensive, but i never had any issues.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:11 PM
stegl

Jetcat anti static might be the norm for Jetcat turbines but not needed for Wren or Jets Munt turbines. I use DTE for both . I do add about 2 oz of Shell 2TUltra snowmobile oil ( not cheap) in with the DTE for colour ( dark blue) to give me 500ml of oil. My kero containers are 9.46 litres so when I add the 500ml that gives me my 5% mix plus added bonus ends up colouring the fuel green, why green not sure and don’t care as then I know the fuel has been mixed. Going on 4 years and both my two Jets Munt and Wren TP run great.