Community
Search
Notices
Wren Turbines USA Wren USA no longer providing support for their turbines. We are converting this forum into a member supported support forum. This means members will solve members problems

which oil ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 08:17 PM
cavandish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which oil ?

Hi
can you tell me if Mobil DTE light is suitable for my 54, if not which mobile product is best suited ?
thanks
John
Old 01-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Wren Turbines USA
My Feedback: (39)

Default RE: which oil ?

John,

I started using this oil this past spring, and have now went thru 10 gallons. I highly recommend the Mobile oil. Not only is it less expensive...it is not nearly as harmful as the turbine oils. I am not a doctor or chemist...but I am sure someone can chime in here with the facts regarding what the turbine oils contain.
I purchase this oil from my local Grainger store in 5 gallon containers.
Just be sure that the fuel /oil ratio does not go below the 3% recommended minimum.
Hope this helps.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:29 AM
u4eake

Default RE: which oil ?

Here's a nice thread about using the mobil DTE light oil :www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5813385/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

A search for DTE light will also turn up lots of good info.

After searching through multiple forums I have found only 1 case where there was extensive carbon build up in the engine, and this was a jetcat engine that had been running 39 hours continuously in a military application. It could not be determined if the carbon buildup was due to the oil or had another cause.

On the other end are LOTS of users who have been using the DTE for a long time and who have opened their turbine and found no ill effects