Community
Search
Notices
Wren Turbines USA Wren USA no longer providing support for their turbines. We are converting this forum into a member supported support forum. This means members will solve members problems

shaft movement

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 07:09 PM
HGHG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shaft movement

Iv'e recently replaced the front bearing in my wren 54 mk2.When checking it out to make sure everything was right I noticed that when I pushed
forward on the turbine wheel,that the compressor wheel touched the intake.My question is that normal for it to do that?.I really never checked that before so i dont know if it's supposed to do that.I started the turbine and everything looks good and runs well.I just don't know if that movement is right.Anyone know?Thanks
Old 02-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Wren Turbines USA
My Feedback: (39)

Default RE: shaft movement

Normal observation. We refer to this as "end float" The tension from the spring in the shaft tunnel stops the shaft assembly from shifting forward in excess...which would then result in a "rub"....not good!! End float should measure between .009 and .014.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:57 PM
HGHG

Default RE: shaft movement

Thanks Ron Looks like i'm good to go.