Community
Search
Notices
XHeli.com Support Forum If you have a question, problem or concern about your product from xheli.com, please use this forum to get answers to your questions.

not happy so far

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 12:37 PM
ty04orange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not happy so far

Have not been happy with my experience with XHeli so far. I bought the new T-series all aluminum 3 channel heli right after Christmas. I got the chopper about 10 days later, all good. The problem is that the charger does not work. I have flown the chopper about 5 minutes since I got it off the initial charge. I tried calling and emailing and chatting with a rep for 2 weeks before I finally got someone on the chat support. His name was Scott and he was very rude, snappy and of no help at all. I told him what was going on and he seemed like he couldnt care less. He said the chargers are out of stock (along with almost everything else on their website) and there was nothing he could do. He said if I shipped my charger back to them (at my cost), that they would send me a new one in 4 weeks when they come in. He then said he didnt see what my problem was and disconnected the chat. Rude!

I decided to give them another shot though. I just ordered a Walkera Lama2q from them last night. I am hoping that it comes in, in working order. I still need a charger for my other chopper though. No word from anyone there yet. I am new to the chopper hobby, and plan for it to be a big hobby and plan to buy more choppers, but XHeli is going to have to step up their customer support. The only reason i went with them in the first place is because Nightflyyer on Youtube seems to have such good luck with them. He advises shopping with them. I think he must get a major discount on their products to test them and suggest them to us newcomers to the sport.

Also my brother in law got a Syma S208 when I got my first chopper, same order. His remote was broken. The wires inside the remote were loose and would cause the chopper to lose all power while flying it. He had it about 20 feet in the air the first time it happened. It lost all power and fell to the ground, snapping the tail boom in half. We foil taped it back together and took it up for another flight. Same thing. We couldnt figure it out. After hours of trying to call for tech support and attempting live chat, I took the transmitter apart and the wire on the throttle was completely un-soldered. I fixed it and now the chopper flies, but I just ordered him a new body with my Walkera order to replace the one that was broken because of a defective transmitter. When he called and FINALLY got through to someone on the phones, they told him they couldnt take back a chopper that had been broken in half. I understand that, but the transmitter was the problem, not his flying! Shady so far. Sure hope the Walkera is a better experience for me.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:42 PM
ty04orange

Default RE: not happy so far

Well, the new chopper didnt work out any better. I ordered it Friday. Today at 5pm CST I got a call from Xheli saying that the shipping was going to be $22.59 for a Walkera Dragonfly Lama2q and a spare body. $22.59 to ship three pounds of goods that takes more than a week to get here?!?! I called back and waited on hold for 19 minutes to get a hold of a lady to cancel the order. I am disappointed and sad. I want to get into this hobby, and Xheli has great prices, but there is no reason shipping a micro helicopter and a body should cost $23. The order came to $107 total, and 23 shipping.. that is insane. I am sad to say that I will not attempt to do business with them again unless something changes. I want to get another chopper and a plane, but now I am nervous about doing business with Nitroplanes.com also.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

Its cuz they ship with UPS

now there is noting wrong with UPS but there packaging and shipping costs allot but that is leveled out with quality packaging

I actually prefer UPS over FedEx or god forbid the USPS
Old 02-03-2010, 08:08 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what's your order number? And what would you like me to do for you?

Andy
Old 02-04-2010, 09:23 PM
ty04orange

To be honest, I gave up on Xheli for now and bought a Walkera CB180Q off ebay. Got a great deal, and had to pay only $10.99 for shipping, which was completely reasonable... thanks anyway Andy.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:09 PM
yadac123

Alright, if you even need me just PM me.

Andy
Old 02-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Analoguesque

I too had an unhappy experience with Xheli but I'm the type who "votes with my feet" so I'll just walk away and never buy there again.

I purchased a fixed-pitch Exceed MadHawk 300but received a co-axial Exceed Blazing Star. That was months ago and I'm still sitting with the Blazing Star, which really is a POC.

Anyway my point is, how does one get to speak to a person when purchasing these things online? I found it impossible and the closest I got was speaking to an online help desk and leaving voice mails ... and I still don't have my MadHawk 300 and never did speak to a person.

And that there in a nutshell was my first N00B experience with buying R/C equipment, but it won't deter me.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:07 PM
ty04orange

Yeah, dont let it deter you. The hobby is awesome, some of the vendors are not. I still dont have a charger for the chopper I bought there, which was over a month ago. Had it a month and have flown it about 5 mins off the charge from factory. Lame.

I love my new CB180Q, which is essentially the same thing you ordered. Love it love it love it. I need spare blades and want to get some other spare parts, but will not order from Xheli.

Andy, I do wish you would send me a new charger though for my T-Series 3 channel aluminum chopper. I would really appreciate that.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:56 PM
yadac123

ORIGINAL: Analoguesque

I too had an unhappy experience with Xheli but I'm the type who ''votes with my feet'' so I'll just walk away and never buy there again.

I purchased a fixed-pitch Exceed MadHawk 300 but received a co-axial Exceed Blazing Star. That was months ago and I'm still sitting with the Blazing Star, which really is a POC.

Anyway my point is, how does one get to speak to a person when purchasing these things online? I found it impossible and the closest I got was speaking to an online help desk and leaving voice mails ... and I still don't have my MadHawk 300 and never did speak to a person.

And that there in a nutshell was my first N00B experience with buying R/C equipment, but it won't deter me.

So got the wrong product? if you call our customer service I'm sure they'll exchange it for you. So what's your order number?

Andy
Old 02-11-2010, 07:57 PM
yadac123

ORIGINAL: ty04orange

Yeah, dont let it deter you. The hobby is awesome, some of the vendors are not. I still dont have a charger for the chopper I bought there, which was over a month ago. Had it a month and have flown it about 5 mins off the charge from factory. Lame.

I love my new CB180Q, which is essentially the same thing you ordered. Love it love it love it. I need spare blades and want to get some other spare parts, but will not order from Xheli.

Andy, I do wish you would send me a new charger though for my T-Series 3 channel aluminum chopper. I would really appreciate that.
see my PM to you.

Andy
Old 02-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Analoguesque

Andy, thanks I appreciate the gesture but I tried all the above and was already toldafter much hassle thatI would receive a shipping label to send the item back, but it never came. I honestly expected it not to arrive anyway after the hard time I was given in the first place, like I had ordered the wrong product or something! At this point I've moved on and would never buy from Xheli again.

Yeah I know I sound like one of those unreasonable idiot customerswhose just never happy with anything, but nothing could be further from the truth. I just expected that after receiving the wrong item, it would be a breeze to get it replaced, especially since it is clearly wrong and the package was never opened. It wasn't a breeze at all.

ORIGINAL: yadac123

I too had an unhappy experience with Xheli but I'm the type who ''votes with my feet'' so I'll just walk away and never buy there again.

I purchased a fixed-pitch Exceed MadHawk 300but received a co-axial Exceed Blazing Star. That was months ago and I'm still sitting with the Blazing Star, which really is a POC.

So got the wrong product? if you call our customer service I'm sure they'll exchange it for you. So what's your order number?

Andy
Old 02-17-2010, 07:43 PM
yadac123

so what exactly is your order number?

Andy

Andy, thanks I appreciate the gesture but I tried all the above and was already told after much hassle that I would receive a shipping label to send the item back, but it never came. I honestly expected it not to arrive anyway after the hard time I was given in the first place, like I had ordered the wrong product or something! At this point I've moved on and would never buy from Xheli again.

Yeah I know I sound like one of those unreasonable idiot customers whose just never happy with anything, but nothing could be further from the truth. I just expected that after receiving the wrong item, it would be a breeze to get it replaced, especially since it is clearly wrong and the package was never opened. It wasn't a breeze at all.

ORIGINAL: yadac123

I purchased a fixed-pitch Exceed MadHawk 300 but received a co-axial Exceed Blazing Star. That was months ago and I'm still sitting with the Blazing Star, which really is a POC.

Andy