Community
Search
Notices
XHeli.com Support Forum If you have a question, problem or concern about your product from xheli.com, please use this forum to get answers to your questions.

Uhhm help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 12:31 PM
rchelipilot10/30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uhhm help?

ok, I've had my falcon 40 heli (exceed rc) that i bought from xheli.com for about 2 1/2 years. It certainly hasnt been the best purchase i ever made. Ex. cheap landing skid gets replaced entirely too often, tail motor burns out every month or so...I keep multiple motors around the house, and the flight isnt very stable. The helicopter drifts all over the place without me controlling it, but I have learned how to keep it in one spot by constant adjustment. These are all not the biggest of issues and I've experienced them before with other helicopters, but Recently my helicopter has literally started controlling itself! this usually kicks in after i land it for the first time on a fresh charge, then the motors will start turning when my throttle is at 0, and my swash plate will turn the blades. It will happen when I'm in the air as well, I'll have it in a hover and then it decides it feels like diving forward into the wall causing unnecessary repairs. I'm fed up with all the problems i've had with this helicopter and am looking to buy a new one. (upgrading to 6 channel). first of all can someone tell me what's wrong with my falcon 40, and second when I buy my 6 channel should I avoid exceed rc?
Old 02-11-2010, 07:33 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Uhhm help?

You should test your motor and without attaching to the heli. Does the servo twitch as you throttle up? Well your heli has been 2 1/2 years old and I'm sure it suffered lots of crashes so thing will go bad eventually.

It seems like me to your servos are stripped and the gears inside the servo are no long good so therefore it twitches.

Andy
Old 02-11-2010, 08:04 PM
rchelipilot10/30

so should I just get on with it and buy a new helicopter or is this worth fixing? and if so how do i fix it?
Old 02-12-2010, 01:10 AM
JB-Heli

I'm actually pretty impressed you got 2 1/2 years use out of your (first?) helicopter so you might consider getting a new one as the cost to rebuild electronics and all will probably exceed what you spend on a new heli.  As far as avoiding Exceed?  Well, that is up to you.  I have 2 Exceed helicopters and all I can say is that for the $ I have got a lot of bang for the buck.  Andy has been great to answer questions and send the odd replacement part and shipping has been quick.  Happy hovering...
Old 02-12-2010, 11:37 AM
rchelipilot10/30

k, thanks for the advice. I think i'm going to get an esky belt cp v2. And that wasnt my first heli, that was actually my fourth, but my first three were coaxial. I had a good experience with esky v3 lama before I got the falcon 40 so that's why I'm leaning towards esky for my next heli. I'm also considering the exceed rc raptor g2. do you have any advice on which 6 channel I should buy?
Old 02-17-2010, 07:47 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you are really want to get a 6 ch heli I say go for the exceed blueray 450. everything about the heli is from here: http://www.youtube.com/blueray450

Andy