Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > XHeli.com Support Forum
Reload this Page >

MKS GY-292 gyro- for digital or analog servo?

Community
Search
Notices
XHeli.com Support Forum If you have a question, problem or concern about your product from xheli.com, please use this forum to get answers to your questions.

MKS GY-292 gyro- for digital or analog servo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 08:07 PM
hank01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MKS GY-292 gyro- for digital or analog servo?

Is the MKS GY-292 gyro (www.xheli.com/mksgyprhegyf.html) for a digital or analog servo?

Old 02-25-2010, 07:23 PM
hank01

Default RE: MKS GY-292 gyro- for digital or analog servo?

Ok, it's been about 24 hrs since this question was posted without response. A CSR was contacted earlier today on the xheli.com live chat. What I was told is unbelievable. Here's how it went:

02/25/2010 4:15 PM EST

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

Chat Information You are now chatting with 'Jason'

Jason: Hello, how may I help you today?

Hank: is the MKS GY-292 gyro for a digital servo only? I have one connected to an analog servo and the gyro does not drive it.

Jason: let me check

Hank: still there Jason?

Jason: yes im told that they work for both

Hank: I must have a bad one then. The servo works fine connected directly to the Rx but does not work at all when connected to the gyro.

Jason: Can I have your Order Number?

Hank: Order Number: 764627

Jason: I will send you a rma email with all the return instruction of how to return it back to us for an exchange.

Hank: k. How long will it take to get another one?

Jason: about 1-2 week

Hank: what? why so long?

Jason: we have to get the old one back first and then the new one ships out

Hank: k. thks Jason. I'll watch for the e-mail

Jason: Thank you for visiting. Please contact us at anytime. Have a wonderful day.

02/25/2010 4:50 PM EST

Let me say first that I feel sorry for Jason. He's trying to do a job for which he is not properly trained. Why do I say that? He was obviously fed garbage when he was told that the MKS GY-292 gyro works with both digital and analog servos. If Jason was armed with the correct product knowledge he would have known that was a lie. The gyro lacks the digital/analog select option therefore it has to be one or the other, not both. I went along with the conversation to see how a solution would be offered. I was not impressed by the offering and left the conversation still not knowing the answer to my question.

All I am looking for is a straightforward answer to a simple question- Is the MKS GY-292 gyro (www.xheli.com/mksgyprhegyf.html) for a digital or analog servo?

Old 02-25-2010, 08:29 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This gyro will work for both and I've verified this once more myself just for you.

You question was does it work with digital and analog servo and jason gave you a straight up answer. Wether it has a digital switch selection is another story and has nothing to do with your question. If you want a gyro with digital selection you should go for the gy48V instead.

the gyro is for both servo.

Andy
Old 02-25-2010, 10:02 PM
hank01

Andy, thank you for your reply but I don't understand this. How can it be for both? Digital and analog servos operate at different electrical frequencies. An analog servo will fry if fed a digital frequency. A digital servo will not work if fed an analog frequency. How does a gyro generate both frequencies at the same time to safely and reliably satisfy a "fits all" scenario? It can't. That's where the switch comes in- to select between the different frequencies. It has everything to do with the question. While it is possible to include auto detect circuitry within the gyro, as an electrical engineer I know the cost and increased size factor of the additional circuitry would prohibit its inclusion. It's highly improbable that the MKS GY-292 gyro contains such circuitry.

I simply can not accept the answer as presented.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:33 PM
hank01

Never mind Andy. I don't have time to mess around with this. I have secured another gyro (not from xheli.com), one that is designed for either analog or digital servos, either one selected by program option. I appreciate your attempt and will be certain to tell my associates and friends about the unequaled service after the sale. Best of luck!

Hank
Old 03-04-2010, 08:54 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You too!

Andy
Old 05-29-2010, 10:43 PM
bigshot399

Heres my opinion on this gyro, Considering no info is really available on it. I just bought one and installed it and no matter what i do to adjust it my heli spins out of control and it doesnt do that with the stock yaw rate gyro. I can say it works with a digital servo but it cant work with both. My suggestion would be to throw the thing away and get a hundred dollar or more one and watch it not work too lol. Helis are fun arent they. ive flown mine a total of about five minutes and spent over 48 ours total working on it
Old 10-27-2010, 06:28 PM
tr911

I just experienced a burnout on a analog servo using this gyro... for what ever its worth